Is Roy Keane a Psycho?

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by lond2345, Aug 26, 2002.

1. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Lol
    America's number one football "expert" is back .

but really what's the difference between admitting that you go after people and going after people and not admitting that you go after people and going after them?

whats the difference??
    The difference is that you get in trouble with the law and the football authorities if you admit you intended to hurt somebody.
    If you keep your mouth shut then you have a much higher chance of not getting in trouble.
    surely that it easy for you to understand??

*shakes head in disbelief*

lol

2. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Keane's latest major apologist's outing

Funniest bit, if only he himself knew it - "I don't want to sound all bitter and twisted, but as far as I'm concerned that man [McCarthy] can rot in hell."

LOL! You're a card, Roy ...

PS - Nice to see Demento again leading the charge of the Apologist Brigade.

3. mr magoo

mr magoo New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    South Shields
    Roy keane is a god.

If the players didnt want to get hurt they should go and play American football and wear the protection. Roy Keane is a legend he dosnt deserve to be tret the way he does by the press.

The way he plays is an eye for an eye. No one seems to have mentioned that before the elbow about 15 minutes earlier McAteer took roy out in my view if u wanna play the hard man against roy keane u gotta expect to be played by the hard man that is roy keane.

4. The Wanderer

The Wanderer New Member

Sep 3, 1999
    I'm saying there's basically no difference morally. Sure the law and the FA will see it differently, but really he's only admitting what other players do also. Surely you can get that point?

5. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    After yesterday, it reached the absurd.

Does Keane realize that McAteer played him for a FOOL! Talk about being stupid as hell. Every other person in the entire world watching that game tknew McAteer was winding him up, except Keane himself.

As for Sydtheeagle saying "what's wrong with...?"

I'll tell what's wrong with it. Being captain and walking out on your teammates on the eve of the biggest tournament. Those problems did not just "appear" at the World Cup, and some of them had been straightened out beforehand.

Yes, the kits hadn't arrived, the field was poor, but no one mentions that place was TEMPOARARY. It was only to become acclimated to the surroundings; the Irish moved on to top quality facilities on the weekend.

For that, Keane will ALWAYS be remembered as the player who got KICKED OFF THE TEAM. And now he's adding "insanely oblivious" to his resume.

6. bocatuna

bocatuna New Member

Aug 8, 2002
    England
    Are you sure your a Newcastle fan ?

Anybody who read the OSM article and saw how Keane contradicted himself about 5 times on the same page must realise he is either mad or completley stupid, or quite possible both.

7. Cokane

Cokane New Member

Apr 4, 2002
    Derry, Ireland (Resi
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    You just have to keep re-inforcing your status as the boards most arrogant, obnoxious twat don't you?

If you had a semblance of wit, and took the comment in context, you would know that I was referring to Keane's
    brutal honesty and forthrightness, not his aggression and occasional moments of madness on and off the pitch.

8. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    One things for certain....the press certainly luvs Roy for the stories he generates!?!?!?

...and yes...i'd say he's a little nutty...

9. Martin Henry

Martin Henry New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    Manchester
    1999 in The Stadio Del Alpi in Turin...

I'm damn glad that we had Roy Keane in the team when we were 2-0 down...

Only Roy Keane (psycho or not) could have kept us in that game and The Champions League...

Even after he got booked and knew he wouldn't play in the final (something that would have destroyed lesser men) he was working tirelessly to make sure that United reached the final...

Maybe he is a bit too committed but the only reason fans of other teams are so annoyed about him is that they realize that they'll never ever have a player as committed to their club...

And I for one am delighted that he regularly pulls on the red shirt of Manchester United...:)...

10. Martin Henry

Martin Henry New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    Manchester
    Well usscouse don't you think that the team you support says a lot about you?...

Why don't you admit it?...

You'd have him over Steven Gerrard any day...

You know you would...;)...

11. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Funny how you mentioned how a team says a lot about you...

arrogant, arrogant!?!?!?

12. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Of course you are mate.

But, if he played for Wenger you would be the first one crying for his punishment wouldn't you!

13. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder what you'll say when your boss asks you how you feel about the mood around the office?

Or what you'll say to your wife 4 months after she's borne you your first child, and she asks if you mind the extra weight she can't seem to shake.

Should be interesting...an unemployed man who can't get laid if he ties a diamond ring to his d***.

14. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I agree. If you want to find a true nutter, see Wenger.

15. Cokane

Cokane New Member

Apr 4, 2002
    Derry, Ireland (Resi
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yukyukyukyuk.

Or that history would have been pretty boring without Hitler(?)... anything else to add - or have we just about covered everything in this stomach churning, testicle crunching assault on our humour?

16. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    I've read reports that says Keane is likely to have hip surgery after Tuesday's game against Boro. He probably took McAteer out because he could recuperate during the suspensions for this and the Haaland incident. A despicable human being.

The best punishment the FA could dish out would be to let Keane play. Right now he's hurting his team on the field far more than he can off it.

Dave

17. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Keane is great on the ptch and thats all that matters so what if he takes somethings personal and wants some payback the only reason anyone gets so up in arms about it iss becasue he has the balls to admit when he did someting on purpose and I respect that. Keane is one of the great villians of modern football with out him we wouldnt be able to talk about how nice of a guy David" I am an overrated homo" Beckham is to everyone, Keane calls it like he sees it and in this day and age thats a rare quality that offends people because he feels he doesnt need to suger coat or kiss ass and people envy that,yeah he may be a little off balance on some of the things he say and does but really does it affect your life at all? No so why do you really give a crap? Because hes so good at what he does and doesnt really care if you like him or not thats why, he doesnt pander to the writers and the Spice Girls or knock up fake titted wann-be singers like Jordan he just does his job and does it with heart and passion and would lay down in the road and let a truck run him over if he thought that would give the club he plays for a chance at winning, Oh by the way let me ask you this if Keane didnt play for Man U would you care this much about him? and would you stop suporting your club if he played for them ?

18. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    >Will his teamates have the bottle to tell him any of this...will Fergie?

The news is that Fergie has just fined Keane 150,000 for the elbowing offence and condemned it. Even admitted that he was wrong in his initial reaction and that the ref had no other option than to send Keane off.

On the question of whether Keane's tackle on Haaland was unique - Graeme Le Saux's tackle on Ray Palour yesterday was the equal of it - jumping in, studs showing, shin high. Same idea, hurt the player in retaliation (for an elbow in the face earlier).

Happens all the time. Keane's error was to admit it in his book.

Another comment from that match - referees who apply double standards to players. Vieira's two tackles justifiably added up to one yellow card, but he got two and a red. Wiltord had three clear yellow card offenses but was given only one. Le Saux's diabolical tackle got only a yellow.

19. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Where are you reading/hearing this?

Le Saux is every bit as cheap as Keane, but does everything outside the view of the ref.

Dave

20. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    >Where are you reading/hearing this?

Any number of sites - BBC, Guardian, Yahoo. Variously reported as 150,000, 180,000 - two week's wage for Keane apparently.

Ferguson has now seen the elbowing offence from several angles on video and admits that the ref had no option and he will not be appealing against it. Has said that it's an offence that is creeping into the game and must be eliminated - and that means Keane as well.

Any idea that Ferguson lets his players off is nonsense. That's why Utd not only win the Premiership so often but also win the Fair Play league season after season as well.

But that's one double Arsenal will never achieve under Wenger :)

21. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002
    It's apparently 2 weeks wages, that comes in at a hefty £180,000. (about $280,000 for our US friends)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/2230018.stm

22. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
  23. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    And I thought Keene was a nutter…I didn’t realize how much of a hero he is to you gobshytes who love him so much. You’re as bad as he is, and no this is ‘not’ meant to be a compliment. You don’t shave your head and wear big boots by any chance???

24. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Thank you Martin, that was nice of you. I do think my team says a lot about me.
    And no, sorry Not even for free. I didn't want that thug Bowyer but he's "just" a brainless fool, while Keene is a psychopath.
    If I were a Manure supporter I’d ante up for some ex SAS boys to guard Furgie. After that fine…..He’s next…:)

From his interview.

So, you don't regret it?

'No. Even in the dressing room afterwards, I had no remorse. My attitude was, ************ him.

25. iansfavouritecopilot

Jun 21, 2002
    Hartlepool, UK
    I dont think anyone can question the guys ability.

Just a bit of a nut........

he deserves the fine. Its not his first and wont be his last.

Most footballers are thick. Roy Keane is thick. Thick in the same way Liam Gallagher is.
    Give a working-class kid a blank cheque and see what happens.