Is Keane this annoying with ALL of his internationals?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by midknight, Sep 8, 2008.

1. midknight

midknight New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    Sunderland pull T&T captain from USA match.
    By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

YORKE RECALLED

There were issues with Carlos Edwards and Kenwyne Jones earlier on in the year as well. How does he handle the other international players?

2. MidnightMackemRider

MidnightMackemRider New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Boston Area
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like all premier league managers, club before country. Sunderland is paying your check. He likes his players to be on international teams (criticised Irish National Team Manager for not calling up Liam Miller last year) but is not afraid to tell a player he needs to miss a game. The main issue with Jones was that no one wanted him getting injured, but David James came along.

3. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

The problem here is that a player should be allowed to play for his country. These arent friendly internationals, these are qualifiers so therefore I dont get why Keane would act that way especially since Yorke hasnt even featured so far this season for Sunderland's first team.

4. midknight

midknight New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
  5. MidnightMackemRider

MidnightMackemRider New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Boston Area
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From SAFC.com

"Skipper Dean Whitehead is set to miss Sunderland's game at Wigan on Saturday."

That's why Yorke was asked to come back to England.

Doesn't make T&T fans happy, but for the club its a legitimate reason to ask a player who had already retired from international football. Yorke won't have too many opportunities for first team football this season.

6. John K

John K Member

Nov 8, 2007
    http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4134328,00.html

7. Nimbus2000

Nimbus2000 Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Mar 6, 2001
    New England
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yorke was only given another contract on the understanding he would put Sunderland first. So there is no issue. If T+T want him so badly, they should have given him a contract instead.

9. bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never been a fan of Keane wither, but he's 100% right about this. The player is injured and retired, but Jack Warner wants to force him to play for his country. Moreover, he's bringing the press into the dirty affairs.

To make matters worse, Warner escalated things by bringing up World Cup 2002 (when Keane left the national team). Of course, he neglected to mention that he and his family personally profited from a scalping plot to the tune of $1million+. Oops.

10. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I posted this on the United forum..........

Keane as much as I love him does deserve to take stick for walking out on his country at the World Cup. Fair enough say what you want I think he is man enough to take it.

But this has nothing to do with Keane and his country. What is this crap about writing an open letter to Keane and giving it to the meida. Warner is trying to start trouble. See is is two steps short of being a politician and as any good politicain they try to win thoruhg the media.

I also have an issue with using Fifa letterhead to send his letter becasue "because that is a privilege afforded me owing to my said status" If this is a FIFA issue then stop making it personal. He is abusing his position. Not that the rest of the muppets care enough to discipline him anyway.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635203&page=10

11. midknight

midknight New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    My original post was made before the transatlantic pissing contest started. I was referring to the fact that there seemed to be a specific problem between Keane and the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation as evidenced by the recent past.

The first culprit in all of this is Dwight.

He made an agreement with Sunderland and seems to have gone back on his word (I'd like to see what happens if Ze Roberto came out of retirement for Brazil how Bayern would deal with it, even if i don't agree to clubs making players sign these "no internationals" clauses)

Then, he (seemingly) agrees with Keane to play one match only. He later blows the 'injury' cover story wide open and outs and admits that he's going back at Keane's behest.

However, Warner made it all worse when he decided to pull his "usual I am a FIFA bigwig number" He's got so used to solving all his problems with a swipe of his pen and his john hancock that he's completely lost the plot.

Keane is obviously not impressed and pulls his usual tough guy routine and suddenly Warner seems to have bitten of more than he could chew in this international chess match. The worst part of it is that Warner has no business writing Keane - he holds no official position within the TTFF - and even if he did, did not see it fit to use the TTFF paper to air his grouses.

Oh well. At least it seems to have attracted some interest to the forum :D