is it toolate to panic

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by blank25, Jun 5, 2009.

1. blank25

blank25 Member

May 18, 2002
    bergen county
    After what looked good on paper has turned out to be horrible on the pitch. I don't really blame the coach or players but something is lacking with this team. Change for sake of change is not the answer. Any suggestions on what could turn this team around

2. CFCkm7

CFCkm7 New Member

Sep 26, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fire Osorio and Agoos immediately. Get replacements who know MLS and are experienced. Begin rebuilding for next season now.

3. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read this today (from Brian Lewis):

I think when the Red Bulls lose to the Revs this coming Sunday, it will be 9 points through 14 games, and we will be officially out of the playoffs.

So, nothing is turning this team around as to have any chance at winning MLS Cup. What has to happen is the inept coach and the inept management and the crap players have to go. Let's see if we can get either good young prospects or draft picks for Smith or Boyens or Conway or Richards or Sinisa. I don't think we can get crap for Pietravallo or Rojas or Pacheco or Johnson as they are SI, but maybe. Sign Duka, Johnny X and Kassel now. Get an actual Creative Midfielder with a DP slot. Did I leave out anything?

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/soccer/archives/2009/06/rbny_starts_roa.html

4. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to start trading away our players for draft picks that maybe a future regime could actually draft good talent next year. Examples:

If we could get a #1 and a #2 for Odura then these may be possible:

PC Richards: #1 pick, Maybe via LA and Agass's buddy Brucie

Petke: # 2 or #3 pick to a solid team wanting central depth and veteran

Rojas: #2 from anyone interested in a lefty mid

Goldwaith: considering Shep said he was apot'l future Nat team center back, get a #1 from a team stupid enough

Conway: Maybe to Philly for a #2, he's from Penn originally

Smith: back to New England for a #3 or #4

Agass: let him be Brucie's #1 man and send us a #4

Celedes: get a #1 pick from someone high on playoff list and thinks they are a def mid away. Maybe LA would bite knowing Becks coming back?

WolY; To toronto for a #3 or 4 as Mo knows his value

Pacheco: maybe a #1 from DC as they seem to get better when they go to DC from us

With all these accumulated picks the future regime may be able to build a solid youth base. For our missing players I would use our academy guys and go "Young".

5. idriveavw

idriveavw BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 15, 2008
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i agree with cleaning house, but there are a few i would def keep.

celades is doing well, i think, and will only improve with 1) more time to get used to MLS and 2) better players around him that know wtf they are doing.

i like johnson too. he played really well against san jose and was starting to get the feel for MLS, i think, before he was taken out.

pacheco i am on the fence about. i think he could do well. i have seen some good stuff from him, but he has made some pretty big mistakes that have cost the team.

goldy has been looking good and has come up big a few times this season.

woly needs to stay. period.

keep those guys, plus angel, kandji, cepero, stammy and sassano.
    dump everyone else including agass and o-sorry-o and start building for next year. sign some academy guys and work for some good draft picks next year. maye look to pick up one or 2 guys from eastern europe (the SA players have been a bust. f**k 'em)

6. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of the above; plus, stock up on Vaseline :(

7. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They've been a bust FOR US. But when you have someone that brings us crap players like Pietravallo, Cichero and Rojas, I can see your point. This season, I'm not impressed with either Johnson or Pacheco either. Now the thing is, if we can get SA players the calibre of Wiman Conde, Javier Morales, Claudio Lopez, Freddy Montero, Jhon Hurtado, Luciano Emilio, Christian Gomez (although a bit pass his prime now), Fred, Barros-Schelotto, etc... then we can get the creativity that this team has sorely lacked. Scary judge of talent Osorio is, even if he did bring Conde to Chicago. The really scary thing is, judging by his record of signing players righ under his nose, he's an even worse judge of local, american talent. F You Osorio!!!

8. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    What is there to panic about? This shit is going to get a lot worse before it even approaches getting better. And anyone who thinks it will all turn around next season really hasn't been paying too much attention for the last 36 months.

9. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    If we only had him instead of that dipshit Guevara....

10. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would take that magical dipshit right now. Stick him right behind Kandji and JPA and let him create. He's doing a job for Toronto right now and would be much better than the foreign crap we have on our roster (except for JPA, of course).

11. idriveavw

idriveavw BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 15, 2008
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    point taken. we just need someone who knows that the f*ck they are looking at when scouting talent. osorio ain't it.

12. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Metro and now RB have been plagued by a clusterf-ck of bad and inept management since inception. Thats the problem. Stillitano, Sakiewicz, Guppy, Lalas the red dumbass, Degrandpre the soda salesman, Agoof..... Even Stover, who has admitted to not even being a fan of soccer and really is just here to manage the stadium. Yet is the boss of Agoof and Osorio, "blind leading the inept". Did i miss any? Not a one had a plan six inches past their own nose.

This franchise goes through yearly roster and coach turnover because neither one of these schmucks either had a clue or had a vision as to what the franchise should look like 3 years down the road. Which is why players like Eddie Gaven, Ricardo Clarke, Brad Davis, Eric Brunner, Scot Palguta, Marvel Wynne are off playing somewhere else in MLS and doing well for themselves.

Each one of the aforementioned Managers all suffered from N.F.C. No F--king Clue. They almost to a man believed in signing the next over 30 has been that was "going to knock our socks off". While trading away draft picks and 20 year old youngsters that if they had stopped to look at for a minute they would have noticed that they would most probably turn into competent MLS players.

Just firing this coach isn't enough it will just prolong the crap. There has to be a full sweep of all involved in the day to day running of this franchise. Competent management needs to be hired. Not dumbasses that fire Giovanni Savarese and try and hire a schmuck who faked his resume.

13. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this!!

14. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope i don't steal your thunder.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E6eO6IiOvc&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Rev Girls Out and About[/ame]

We are a f--king laughing stock league wide.

15. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    this is the first time that I've officially thought to myself "why am I a fan of this team?"

16. Ed-D

Ed-D Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 13, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's just sad. The whole thing. I had to work late last night and didn't catch the game. I'm glad I didn't. At this point I'm almost rooting for the team to lose so Agoos and JCO get axed and there can be some roster shakeup. I like Osorio as a person, he seems to be a very classy guy but he's blown it bigtime with this team. Rojas, Pietrafoulo, Cichero, Johnson...what have they done? Nothing good. Playing Hall out of position, playing Kandji out of position, not playing Mbuta at all, the bunkering tactics, the revolving door of players, cutting guys like Eric Brunner and that Dufty kid, signing guys like Khano Smith...it's just too much. I can't bear to watch anymore. Wake me when it's over, ok?

17. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it deserved to be made fun of and we should all feel humiliated

in case you needed to be reminded

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU4dgC-TiVY&feature=related"]YouTube - Red Bulls Take Manhattan, Part 1[/ame]

and

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR3243-U0Pk&feature=related[/ame]

simply pathetic--cant believe someone thought this would pass for marketing in NYC. One of the worst public relations gaffes ever. Notice how in times sq when they froze everyone just kept on going and the few that looked had a a "what the heck is this garbage?" look on their face.

18. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    This is ********ing brilliant! RB has found a way to have the other teams in the league promo for them! Too bad this kind of genius doesn't extend to the operation of the team itself.

19. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we lose this weekend and are virtually eliminated from any chance at playoff contention, we should just take the rest of the season to start over and look to build for next year--perhaps if we're lucky we may save ourselves from winning the wooden spoon.

20. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    please... don't remind me... you think an energy drink company wouldn't associate with the words "slow motion"

21. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    Kudos to the interns for giving an accurate depiction of how the team actually plays the game.

22. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha, ha!!! :D

23. Ed-D

Ed-D Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 13, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    would it really be a "virtual certainty" about the playoffs? The season has a ways to go yet and like nearly all teams make it...

24. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    That don't change the fact that the whole team 100% all players, are playing shit....

25. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again, from Brian Lewis' blog:

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/soccer/archives/2009/06/rbny_starts_roa.html

So I'm thinking that, if the Red Bulls lose today, 9 points through 14 games would be a total certainty that they would not be in the playoffs. Also, this season there are 15 teams in MLS. Only 8 teams make the playoffs. That's not even close to being "nearly all teams" making the playoffs.