Is it time for this yet?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Z010 Union, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we're getting there.:rolleyes:

TS.

3. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    I would wait one more loss...I mean...until after next game.

Nice avatar, by the way.

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    UHHH.....NO!

5. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    Although that picture sums up the way a lot of us (and many players, I imagine) FEEL, I don't think it's quite that bad. I know it's been mentioned elsewhere, but I'll mention it here: I think this team is still fighting for it, but we just don't have our **** together. With a few exceptions, I think the guys are still trying their best, in contrast to some performances we saw over the last two years where DC looked like a team going through the motions.

Save the bags for shopping, I say. I simply think this is a team that's not good enough, not a team that isn't trying.

6. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Nah, folks would think we're MetroStar supporters if we did that.

[​IMG]

;)

7. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, Rotgen's teams deserved the bag not this one.

8. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks...it has Knave's tagline idea on it - Lasciate... Because once we turn this ship around, no one will want to come here.

9. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said

10. weasel

weasel Member

Oct 31, 2000
    NYC
    Give it another year.

11. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    I'll say that if "The Worst Season in DC United History" does not warrant the proverbial bags on heads, then when should we pull them out?

I'll be doing this pretty soon, sans therapy, can I have an enabler?

Tim

12. detter7

detter7 New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    PA
    No. It's hard to say, but be patient another year. Then we can choose paper over plastic.

13. weasel

weasel Member

Oct 31, 2000
    NYC
    How about paper for us, plastic for the team and coaches.

14. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    That's a fine proposition.

15. Big Head Ed

Big Head Ed New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Landenberg, PA

Another season like this and I will take plastic.

16. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    c'mon folks, you are not just fans, you belong to a club! and being part of a club is greater than even winning and losing! this is your club and when your club is hurting is the time when you have to stand the most true.

DC could lose the rest of the games, hell they could even reaccquire albright and i'd still come, bagless and proud.

it is the fans coming, proud (did you see Partick Thistle in the SPL this week?) not the results on the field that make the club what it is. even as crappy as we our on the pitch, we are still the best club in the league.

17. Hezbolt

Hezbolt New Member

Jun 4, 2001
    La Norte
    I'm with R&B, we are part of what makes the club. I will never be embaressed to say that I am a DC fan. Putting a bag over head is saying just that ... that you are embaressed to be a fan of the club.

Also IMHO if you put a bag over your head you are just like any and all fairweather fans out there.

18. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with R&B that we are the club, but seeing as it unlikely to get a plane over RFK again...

Hezbolt, I wasn't thinking along those lines, I was thinking that we are embarrassed by the results, not the club. I will never be embarrassed to be a fan of the greatest football club in America, I will however continue to be friggin frustrated that we suck. Fairweather fans don't drive 5 hours roundtrip.

19. mcontento

mcontento Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Catalina Wine Mixer
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think putting a bag over your head shows you are embarrassed, but more that you are displeased. It is only the most die hard fans who do such things. Kinda like flying an airplane over.

20. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    I totally disagree with those that say expressing your unhappiness with the clubs performance makes you a "fair weather" fan.

I pay my money to go to the game, I spend my money on club merchandise, and I have practically single handedly funded the teams charity (United for DC). But if I put a bag on my head I become a "fair weather" fan.

I also object to those of you who complain about the clubs performance here but suddenly if I do it at the game I am a bad fan.

21. Hezbolt

Hezbolt New Member

Jun 4, 2001
    La Norte
    True, true ... but would you really drive that far and then put a bag on your head??

I to will continue to be depressed and frustrated on the topic of DC because of the results, and fortunately not the play on the field we have this year.

22. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    We are more creative than putting bags over our heads! At the end of last season, some great fans got together and had a plane fly over the stadium! A plane! You can't tell me that fans of other teams would do that! At the same game, there were quite a few fans wearing Orange Traffic Cones on their heads! Again, a statement based on a DC United 'legend and lore'. Much better than bags on our heads!

23. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe for the Metro's game, if we are out of the playoff race, we can all wear fake doggie poop on our heads, cerebrally relating that we think our team's front office has shite for brains.

24. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nah, that wouldn't work. The MetroPuke fans would think it was a tribute to Petke.

25. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :)