is it possible????

Discussion in 'Player' started by ronaldina09, Oct 29, 2004.

1. ronaldina09

ronaldina09 New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    can a player who's never played soccer before, well played a bit but not much, make varsity? just wondering because someone at my school has never played she says, but practices a lot.

2. southckid10

southckid10 New Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Connecticut
    it all depends...any given sunday anything can happen..but then again is ur varsity team good overall? Is their good skilled plkayers in ur area? or in other words is the team good? if their mediocore she might have a shot @ it

3. CoachCoach

CoachCoach New Member

Jul 18, 2004
    USA
    Agree with Southckid10.

If you have a low turnout at tryouts, then every player will automatically make the team. It also depends on the quality of soccer program the school has had.

If your school has been any good, she probably doesn't have much of a chance. But if the school doesn't have a good soccer program or there just aren't enough players to fill the roster, then sure, she could make the team.

4. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What is the English equivalent to Varsity? University Rep Team?

5. dela

dela New Member

May 14, 2004
    on the right flank

The top level team for a high school (ages 14-18) is called "varsity".

6. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh so it's just College football here. Ah it's well easy to get in, loads of people come to try out at our college it's probably the same in America but maybe at a lower level, not trying to start an argument but i think it's fair to say your average English teenager is better at 'Soccer' than an American, because you play other sports.

So basically it's the equivalent in our colleges as it is to your American Football teams, that popular.

7. Giovanni

Giovanni New Member

Nov 28, 2001
    Seeing you're a girl, I think it's possible because there's much less competition for places and much less skilled players than the guys have, so go for it.

8. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    It is possible. I made the varsity team at my high school, I had never played in an organized league and beat out several people who had been playing their entire lives. Best not take my example too seriously though, I live in Canada

9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just go and try and see how you get on. Sure you will be fine :)

appleCORR

10. theblondsoccerstar

theblondsoccerstar New Member

Nov 12, 2004
    UT, USA
    My friend made varsity in her freshman year, and we live in a community where soccer is very competitive. i definately think its possible.