Is it just me or did Inter win the Ronaldo war....

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by TravisMinor_23, Sep 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TravisMinor_23

TravisMinor_23 New Member

Oct 16, 2001
    United States
    Seems to me that Inter fleeced everyone involved. First they unload an injury plagued and unsettled player who was leaving after the season for NOTHING anyway for 47 million euros (is one season worth THAT much Real?!?!?) and then turn around and grab Crespo, a player who is one year removed from the Serie A scoring title with 26 goals, for only 26 million euros. Then consider they used the remaining 21 million euros to get Canavarro and I fail to see a team that handled itself better around the transfer window. They convinced Real to bid against themselves (again) and kept their budget while getting two dominant players of Serie A in Canavaro and Crespo.

2. bestianera

bestianera New Member

May 21, 2001
    Valvasone
    1) Ronaldo was signed up to 2005

2) if he does not sustain further major injuries,he's worth twice the € 45 millions or so Real will pay

3) Crespo comes for € 26 millions + Corradi,whom Inter bought for € 10 milllions only 1 month ago

considering the circumstances and the little money available in europe right now though,Inter fared pretty well: with Crespo in their ranks they can afford not to bother what Ronaldo does in Madrid

3. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    they got cannavar oa long time ago-well about 3 weeks ago

4. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Tribal Football

5. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sucks for Inter, they actually have to hope he doesn't get hurt.

6. bestianera

bestianera New Member

May 21, 2001
    Valvasone
    i take back my words,Inter remains the most idiotic football club of the world

7. retnicf

retnicf Member

May 7, 2001
    Mount Vernon, NY
    I'm beginning to doubt everything I read in this Tribal Football site. On several occassions I've seen this site include details not to be found in any other news article. Can someone find this detail anywhere else? Preferably NOT an internet site in Australia?

I seriously doubt Inter would make such a deal.

8. bestianera

bestianera New Member

May 21, 2001
    Valvasone
    the rumors come from Spain and have been given a lot of attention by italian media; there has been no official confirmation of the clause,but also no denial,which makes me wonder

9. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    My husband said he heard rumor this on La Domenica Sportiva. I can't believe Inter would agree to a deal such as that.

10. retnicf

retnicf Member

May 7, 2001
    Mount Vernon, NY
    Well I guess this is sort of confirmation

http://www.planetfootball.com/artic...id=21&title=Ronaldo+pomp+fails+to+hide+cracks

Of course this leaves much up for interpretation. Is this six months consecutively? What about if there is a serious of nagging small injuries? What if the injury is unrelated to previous knee problems? I have a feeling we'll be talking about this one even a year from now.

11. bestianera

bestianera New Member

May 21, 2001
    Valvasone
    of course,it's implicit in my reply that what's been reported about the terms of the agreement is true