Is Gilardino Good Enough For Milan?

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by vasilli07, Jan 24, 2008.

1. forza venti

forza venti Member

Jul 23, 2006
    MI
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The World Cup isn't a big stage? If you think he didn't play well in qualifying and during the Cup, then you need to open your eyes amico :)

2. Borriello

Borriello New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Jamaica
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm surprised you would ever put Gilardino in the same sentence as Cassano.. Cassano self destructed because he came into Real Madrid obese, having sex with women before games. And he is also completely insane.

Gilardino has no excuses. He doesn't have the personality to play for Milan, simple as that.

3. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Thank goodness for that :)

4. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    What would be his transfer fee ?

5. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Exactly that's basically what I said. He couldn't adapt to the Milan environment. He needs to go to a place where he feels important.

6. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gila didn't have a great WC. He began the tournament as a starter in Lippi's side and ended the tournament sitting on the bench.

7. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah, he got the easiest assist of the tourney and scored against my country with its vaunted defense led by oguchoochoo... onyesomething on a wide-open header from 5 yards out. that was it. not bad, but not really that good either.

8. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    hit the post against germany thoh... 1 cm the other way and this entire conversation would have been with a different tone...

i obviously want him out of milan, but credit is due where it is...

9. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah, fair enough, that was a nice play against germany.

10. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Admittedly when I saw him play for Parma and the U21's I thought he was going to be a star. The guy was just so athletic and daring I thought for sure he would be in the running for a golden boot or something in the not so distant future.

When he came over he actually played semi-well with Sheva upfront, but as soon as Sheva left everything became disastrous. His timing, awareness and instincts were all but gone and all that was left was this overpaid figure that personified all the frustration and dismay we felt about this season.

It just goes to show that players like Inzaghi and Shevchenko are such a rarity in this world.

11. Borriello

Borriello New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Jamaica
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL! That part made me laugh out loud, partly because it's true he used to play like that. But watching him now at Milan and thinking of him as "athletic and daring" is just hilarious. The guy doesn't even know how to stop a ball correctly anymore. He's gone from "athletic and daring" to simply "static"

12. Redondo85

Redondo85 Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Scotland
    Completely agree, but as everyone says a change of scenery will do him good as he still is quite young and still has the potential to develop into a good penalty box striker.

While the system Milan have played of late hasn't been to his advantage it didn't help his cause that he looked completely deflated at times.

If the Frey/Gila swap goes ahead i do think that it would be the ideal environ for him to recapture his previous form.

13. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Lately I've been hearing of an Amauri/Gila exchange.