Is Freddy Adu as good as they say??

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by tico_sapri, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't be dumb..he just ranted off about his lack of PT when he had vastly improved from last season. Makes no sense he got about the same ammount of PT in his first year when he was vastly improved this year. He's not the first athelete to complain about lack of PT. Nowak dropped the ball here and now they are forcing him to apologize about something that should of been handled in private. Don't know what DC management is trying to prove but they have handled this like a bush league.Freddy would be most usefull for the MLS and for US soccer in a different team. Its time he gets consistent PT, im tired of seeing him be amazing one game and getting player of week to just get benched the next game. Nowak basically has given him the message of lack of confidence.

2. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh btw Chelsea and Manchester United are started to bid for him..perhaps he may be gone from the MLS by january

3. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    now i wonder if he's going to complain over there too if he doesn't start the games...

he may be big to the MLS and Americans but he's still a nobody in the important leagues...

4. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    Last time I checked most 16 year olds don't dominate European leagues.

Of course, if Chelsea and Man Utd are interested in him, then by definition that makes him somewhat important.

Mexicans aren't good at logic, eh?

5. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA

Carlos Vela it's about to sign for Arsenal and Giovanni it's in Barca...doesn't mean they have proved how good they are...

unlike the MLS, Manchester and Chelsea see Adu for what really is, a good prospect for the future..

6. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

whoa Cheve you finally made some sense. Adu will infact be playing in the Premiere League Reserve Division. Just like Rossi for ManU right now or Borgetti whom has played for Bolton in that division at times. The reserve teams get thined out around January so that would be a good move for Adu to set out there. Same goes for Vela, whom will start out at that division. In a way it would be best if Adu goes there, not only for confidence reasons.

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    To tell you the truth, I think the MLS and Mr. Garber signed him so they can sell him in 2-3 years and make money off of him. I really don't know if they are all that concerned with how he comes along although I am sure his price tag will go up with his playing time and exposure. Having said this however, he seems like he has a lot of growing up to do on & off the field. Although I've only seen him in a few games, I think he has still a long way to go. Most kids at his age are worried about making or starting on their varsity high school soccer team so I'm sure he still has time.

8. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think the answer was no.

9. falvo

falvo Member+