is fm09/wsm09 worth buying?

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by harkes6, Jan 5, 2009.

1. harkes6

harkes6 Member

Apr 24, 2007
    san francisco
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i downloaded the demo (for mac) and it barely functioned. in fact, it didn't function as the games wouldn't run. there were a lot of seemingly great features that i noticed (the 'rumors' section in particular) but i want to know if anyone, specifically mac users, has the full version of the game and what your thoughts are on it.
    i have 08 which was, and is, a really great game. i'm enticed by the 3-d matches in 09, but if it plays as buggy as the demo, or buggier than 08 (which still has some minor flaws) i won't bother shelling out any money for it.

2. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    I have a pc and downloaded it through steam with no problems. The first patch was inlcuded with the download and steam updates every new patch to the game automatically.

I love it! It is so much fun. 3d is sometimes buggy but I still think it is worth it. Press conferences are fun because you can type additional comments to the answer you selected.

3. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I think it's great and it's now patched twice so nearly all of the bugs are gone.

Though wait a bit for patch 3 to come out as it will finally quash all the bugs.

The 3D isn't really that awesome. It's just poor 3D models overlayed over the 2D match engine. But it's useful for seeing the height of the ball and such.

4. harkes6

harkes6 Member

Apr 24, 2007
    san francisco
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    interesting. thanks for the feedback. i might have to find some room in my budget to pick it up. fm can only go up in the coming years; once they refine the 3d engine it'll be an astonishing game.
    now i have to find a suitable resolution to my 08 game. i think i'm on year 2022/2023...west ham are champions of the world and then some!

5. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    As burning said 3d isn't too great but it's good to see how the players pass the ball,shoot,etc. I love the transfer rumors. Some of players that your linked with aren't worth it but others are (also be sure to check out the other teams links).

It's really addicting.

6. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I agree with Arsenal, transfer rumours is like the press doing the scouting for you! :D

Sometimes, they'll link me to an awesome player I've never heard of before and I buy him anyway! :)

7. fslmanager

fslmanager New Member

May 14, 2009
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Fantastic game - must buy espeically now its so cheap to get :)