Is Claudio Reyna still tough/resilient enough for the EPL?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Iplayedforchelsea, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Iplayedforchelsea

Iplayedforchelsea New Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Athens, GA USA
  2. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, not until he heals. :D
    If he wasn't, keegan wouldn't be saying the injury is a blow, but expected, and good riddance, and neener-neener. Reyna's injury history is not as serious as that of a lot of other players who are still producing at the highest levels. It's his USMNT future that's more at risk, I'd think.

3. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    Should we be asking if he was ever tough/resilient enough for the EPL?

I'm very disappointed in his injuries in England.
    I dont' think Reyna ever reached his true potential -he never really became the central midfielder force Ithought he would. But he's had a tremendous career... and I'm happy for him. Ijust wish he could stay healthy.

4. CJCourtney

CJCourtney Member

United States
    Aug 29, 2000
    Greece
    If someone had told Reyna (as a kid) he would captain his national team to the quarterfinals of the World Cup and be a regular starter for a big English club, he would probably have been quite pleased to dream so big. Come to think of it, what player anywhere in the world would not find that a worthy set of accomplishments?

Let's not forget what Reyna (and others) have accomplished.

Perhaps the rising expectations of US fans make us forget how far we have come. Let us also not forget the huge number of pro and national team games our old warhorses have logged each year as American soccer has steadily improved. After awhile it takes its toll.

Is he tough and resilient enough? Of course.

5. galperin

galperin Member

Feb 1, 2001
    Maineville, OH
    Yeah...what he said.

6. xkimo_fire

xkimo_fire New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Iowa
    Do you think that he is better then Tab Ramos?