Is bayern on its way to become another Real Madrid?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by yota -- redded, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yota -- redded

yota -- redded Red Card

Jun 30, 2005
    I think Bayern have enough firing power considered last season they lose 6-5 on aggregate to Chelsea in the champions league and won 3-1 against arsenal. But they also conceded 6 goals alone against chelsea so I think their defence are in big trouble just like madrid. Also, currently I think they have only two real defenders Lucio and Isamel. But Lucio likes going forward all the time so I think Bayern's defence will not improve much in the next season. Considered they have just signed that guy karimi(the bayern board seem to like attacking football a lot), I am really afraid that bayern will follow the step of Madrid which is no defence but only attack so I don't think it is a good idea to sign that karimi guy but for ismael since bayern need defender it is a good move. What do you think?

2. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart

I don't know why they bought Karimi. Bayern's midfield is already one of the best in the world. Ballack, Deisler, Schweinsteiger, Scholl and Ze Roberto are all excellent offensive midfielders. They should have bought another good defender. Lucio and Ismael are great but if one of them is injured they are in trouble. Demichelis can play CB also but he's better in the defensive midfield and without Frings they only have Hargreaves to replace him there.

3. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Karimi was a free transfer. If he is a bust..nothing lost.
    If he adds to the attack ...awesome.
    And to be cynical about it as well. He is also going to sell jerseys.

The Bayern defense is still overall....high quality. Though, as we have been debating on the Bayern board, people would not mind getting one more cb.

4. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Sagnol and Lahm are good players still.Kahn needs to go yes but he will go after next season.

5. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Right on DF!! I would have posted the exact same thing!

Scary, eh?? LOL!! :D

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In terms of largely feeding off the rest of the league to keep themselves on top, Bayern has been Germany's "Real Madrid" for a long time now......

7. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Were getting there. I knew if I didn't say the last part..you would :D
    LOL!

Have a beer on me!

8. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    In terms of stature..could not agree more.
    In terms of style of play.....not sure on that one.

Bayern have for the most part over the years a pretty balanced team, i.e., compact D, solid Mid (attacking and defending) and quality forwards. I don't think This year will be all that different. If Magath feels he needs another CB he is going to get one. As of right now..he feels very confident with what he has.

9. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Right now I would rate Bayern's team just about the same as Real...Real have a better offense and goalie, but Bayern have a better defense and midfield and coach.

10. Germanshepherd

Germanshepherd New Member

May 19, 2003
    Rostock, Deutschland
    Magath said some weeks ago that he is going to include some young players into the defense, at least he will try to.

11. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea....I feel our strengths this coming season will be in our offense. If anything will cost us in the CL, it will be our defense like last year.

If we manage to keep Makaay and Piza healthy we can always count on them making the difference on top.

12. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    I so don't care about this thread. If we have a Bayern forum why is this posted here in the generel forum?

13. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think it's in the general forum because the originator possibly meant this to be a "negative" Bayern thread.

On another note, how's HD dude?! I'm still missing that place!!! :(

14. Karimi_Is_God

Karimi_Is_God New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Toronto
    You will see why they bought Karimi when you see him play. I don't blame you to be honest man. You have never seen him play or anything so you don't think he is anything special but believe me...you will be wearing a karimi jersey in no time.

15. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Defence wasn't really a problem until the Chelsea game...

16. Neuwiednetronic Kev

Neuwiednetronic Kev New Member

May 4, 2005
    As long as Karimi isn't the replacement CB i think there's no harm in having bought him. Then again I'm not a Karimi expert. I think a guy wrote he's even good at refereeing. okay sorry... i'm a liar. But then again Magath did play Willy sagnol and hargreaves in wierd positions did he not...!

Seriously though,
    Didn't they bring up a promising youth CB? Ottl (sp)? That's good isn't it?

At least Bayern isn't splashing money out like water such is with Madrid. And killing off all the underrated-lesserknown players.

Then again the buying and selling of Frings and Hashemian was REALLY disappointing wasnt it. 2 out of 4 major signings out the door after one season was it? I can see how that is sort of Madrid-ish impulse buying. Bit like M.Owen not starting enough games perhaps?

I'm sure Karimi was bought for a reason and he'll be utilized to the best of his abilities though. Lets give him some more wellwishes! :)

17. The_Special_One

The_Special_One New Member

May 17, 2005
    london
    No offense intended, but Bayern are not even close to being the next Madrid.
    Dont have same financial power, Dont have same amount of fame, Dont have same amount of talented and famous players and the kind of players coming into Madrid or being linked to Madrid and they are just in a different league to Bayern.

So i dont think they will reach Madrid's stature anytime in the future. Right now only few teams can say their competiting at same level as Madrid. That would be Barcelona, Milan and Chelsea, simply because these teams have the financial ability to compete with Madrid and buy the most talented players of the future.

Bayern, id say more on the level of Man U, Arsenal, Juventus, Liverpool and maybe one or two other clubs. Its all about having the financial clout to buy the best young players who are gonna turn into the next big things, and i just dont see Bayern doing that. Also, on a side note, with some of the recent players going to Juventus, like Abrahimovich, they might soon be leaving that group and competing with likes of Barcelona, Madrid, Chelsea, etc

18. Neuwiednetronic Kev

Neuwiednetronic Kev New Member

May 4, 2005
    of course

but there are certain madrid-traits to be found in bayern's recent dealings/policies.

19. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OMG... I am speechless (for a change!)... ;)

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Exactly. I'm sure that's what the thread originator was getting at.

I don't know if he meant were Bayern on it's way to becoming another Real on the pitch. I thought he meant in the way the club was run and in their transfer policies.

And in that manner, Bayern has been "Germany's Real" for over a decade.

21. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of the more recent transfers remind me of Real, But the main difference is that Real try to buy the world, and Bayern for the most part buy Germany. But recently they have a lot non-german players on their roster like Pizarro, Guerrero, Santa Cruz, Makaay, Ze Roberto, Karimi, Lucio, Sagnol, Ismael and a few more I have forgotten to mention. Six of those players are actual starters and the rest all have a chance to start. Either way that would be my big comparison. Not quite Real, but Bayern most definately has some characteristics.

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Wow! A Bayern fan who admits they buy up the talent in their own league!!! Dude, that alone is worth some rep!!! :)

23. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You are not welcome here :mad:

:p

24. Memento

Memento New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    I agree with you giving the importance of how much money power does a team in Europe have.

I still think there are other things more important than money.Like history and winning titles.Barcelona might have money but he has always been somewhat in the shadow of Real Madrid.Milan is right now the most close to being somehow compared toReal Madrid and not because of their money but because of their history and titles.And Chelsea, well Chelsea still doesnt have a winning history and titles.

The only way there can be a true comparision of Real and Bayern is that both clubs are the most dominant forces in their own country's and that they have always been at the top, forming a history of success.

25. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love FCB but it is just the plain TRUTH. It would be really nice if Bayern could just raise their own talent and maintain the level of play and the quality of team. But the fact is that it is impossible no matter where you go to make all your talent home grown and compete at the Champions League with the other clubs. I do not mind Bayern having some of the best Germans and some of the better internationals. :) You have to get your talent somewhere to be that great. When Bayern takes the field in the Champions League it is like the German National Team plus some very good internationals. :eek:

One question, does anyone know what the League Cup will look like bracket wise? :confused: Supposedly it starts like the 23 of this month in Dusseldorf. :)