Is Anybody Going to DC?

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by brahmafutbol, Jul 14, 2008.

1. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, are any of yall going to DC for the two games there in four days? It seems like the perfect time to make a quick trip to our nation's capital. I don't know, four or five days in a DC or Baltimore hotel might be a little pricey, and airfare isn't cheap these days, but soccer fans are rich. And generous. Take me, take me! :D

The guys that were there for the monsoon, are you going back to use your tickets?

It just seems like, what with all the SL games having lots of away fans, Dynamo fans should be doing their part. Of course, most of those away fans haven't traveled to the games. I doubt there are too many Dynamo fans that live in DC....

2. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I hear President Bush is a Dynamo fan, he's daddy too :p

You wanna go Brahma?? c'mon lets go !!

3. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I cannot make the Tuesday game under any conditions (I do not think). The Saturday game I could make, but it is quite the expense. I was just there this past weekend to see the Astros and driving cost me a pretty penny. If the game on Saturday means nothing as far as group play goes, I will not be going. If it means something, then I will be a game-time decision.

4. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I just checked, Southwest can take you from Hobby to Dulles by 5:30 Saturday, which would be cutting it pretty close for a 7pm game, and get you back Wednesday afternoon, for $356. A good price. It's the 4 nights in DC that's expensive. If only I knew somebody there with a house I could borrow....:D

5. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure why this got moved to the Supporters Clubs Forums, I'm not in a club and was talking to everybody, not just TA/EB folk...

but hey I'm not criticizing, just commenting. :D