Is anybody else excited?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by KCWiz, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KCWiz

KCWiz New Member

May 8, 2003
    Manhattan, Kansas
    I cannot tell you how happy I am to see that Beckham will be out for an extended period of time. Maybe MLS will learn from this flawed plan of generating staged entertainment and cheap money. Hopefully Major League Soccer will attempt to return to a counting-down clock, Shootout, and a more American style of play.

Well, that's my monthly post. Thought I'd slip it in before September rolled around.

2. WestHamUtdFC

WestHamUtdFC Member

Aug 15, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    that could have been the dumbest post ever.... beckham has done nothing wrong to mls..... maybe he got paid too much by LA but he has brought attention to a sport through media and merchandise....kids here dont have anyone to look up to through soccer b/c who was there... im not saying there were no good players in the US but its was televised..... i saw more EPL games on foxsports...... to say ur glad he is injured is idiotic.... this sport needs life and thats what he has done.... and it doesnt help that he plays on the worst team.... what can he do? he cant be everywhere? what do u expect from beckham....what has he done that we should be happy he isnt playing?

3. javier66

javier66 Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Mission, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, maybe you and your 5K Wizard fan base might be excited. But the rest of the league might not. Like it or not he brings interest to the league and exposure, something that has never happen to MLS.

4. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What in god's holy name are you blathering about? The LA/NY game? That was staged entertainment?

Jesus, I hope you lose your team.

5. FreddyAduhowdoyoudo

FreddyAduhowdoyoudo New Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Not really excited, no more MLS (Beckham) coverage on sportscenter for awhile and they don't have freddy adu to carry the league anymore:(