Irish League Attendance Figures?

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Shah, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Shah

Shah New Member

It seems strange that the Irish Football League does not publish attendance figures. Does anyone know attendance figures for any of the top flight clubs or where the league stands roughly overall? Obviously Linfield and Glentoran would have the biggest crowds, but who else would get 4 figure crowds on a regular basis (I would guess Portadown, Coleraine, Ballymena, Cliftonville, Glenvaon, maybe Crusaders). If anyone has any Irish League attendance information it would be much appreciated.

2. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    Been wondering the same thing, Shah, and what IFL clubs need to do to raise their Euro profile. I also wonder how involved the IFA is with the running of the league.

Maybe if Norn Iron can actually score a goal in '04 there will be a bit more coverage...

3. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
  4. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    They wouldnt be very high as the football in the Irish league is of a very poor quality and the facilities are laughable(minus Linfield, Glentoran, Colraine).

5. MiamiAce

MiamiAce New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Miami, USA
    Wow. I wish I could travel like those guys have. And some of the pics of Spanish and Ukrainian women were not bad.

6. CHRISTYG

CHRISTYG New Member

The original question was about IFL attendance figures. The phrase you're looking for at most grounds-especially 1st Division- is "2 men and their dogs"!!

7. 7Kewell7

7Kewell7 New Member

Jan 26, 2004
    i think the two biggest belfast based teams (Linfield&Glentoran) have been known to get around 4000 when they play at christmas

8. the_baron

the_baron New Member

Jan 27, 2004
    County Tyrone
    Irish League attendances are like A-League attendances, only the Hardcore go to them. I'm also a registered user of the Our Wee Country forum. The other links don't work. :p