Iran vs. QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by SS2006, Jul 14, 2005.

1. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    any preditcions?

2. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd guess an Iran victory.

We've got players with a few international caps (Marc Bircham for Canada, Martin Rowlands for Ireland, Danny Shittu for Nigeria) and a few solid pros who might be international quality were they to play for countries not as deep as England (guys like Paul Furlong, Lee Cook, Kevin Gallen, and Gareth Ainsworth might have all been capped at some point if they were from the US). But a club side in its preseason should have a very, very tough time against an international side that recently qualified for the World Cup.

3. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    well well be going without any european stars, so expect a nice close game

4. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    ******** the federation, a team tahts 15th in the world, beating likes of bosnia, japan, korea, qualifying first to world cup
    bring this ************ C squad, and let the world see how we play? if the federation cant muster a full strength team that qualified to the world cup, then why come to ENGLAND , where football is at great strenght
    what the ******** was the coach and federation thinking
    we better change the squad for the upcoming last qualifer in japan

5. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    i forgot to add QPR is a SOLID team, good luck next season
    and DONT think this is the iran etam that qualifed to 2006, no way :D !

6. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In case you didn't see, what he's upset about is: QPR 3, Iran 0. Goals by Furlong, Ainsorth, and Santos. All three goals were off of set pieces. Furlong scored off a Shittu pass before the break. In the second half, Ainsorth scored on a Cook corner and Santos scored on an Ainsworth corner.

Trialist Wayne Henderson from Villa was the QPR keeper. Although the official site hasn't mentioned the extent of Simon Royce's back injury, someone on the LSA board heard he'd be out for a bit (2 months?).

Derby defender Jamie Vincent was also on trial.

Rangers: Henderson, Bignot, Vincent, Rose (Shimmin 62), Shittu (Hislop 74), Doherty (Bean 62), Rowlands (Ainsworth 45), Santos (Miller 74), Furlong (Moore 62), Gallen, Cook (Brown 62)

Subs: Cole

7. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    upset, who said im upset buddy
    congrats, we took you so serously that we brought a C team for gods sake
    man if we had our full squad in azadi, id definatley bet on a 10-0 score line
    anywas, well be in the WC next year, good luck getting to division 1 pals
    later
    15th in the world baby

8. white riot

white riot Member+

Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Seven substitutes? Looks like QPR took it easy on them. Good luck to the Iranians at the World Cup because they're gonna need it if this is the best they've got!

9. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    ok now flaming aside, i acutally arent too upset, just frustrated at how our federation wont send our full team. actually things are great, were the 2nd team to qualify to Germany, topping our gruuop ahead of Japan, 15th ranked in the world, everyitngs goin gfine
    now a footballing expert, would say , what maybe you lot would say its good to test younger players and uncapped players on tour in england, i guess that could be right, but still i like seeing a powerful team each time, i guess thats just me
    cheers

10. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    thats where your going wrong buddy
    do i need to explain, or you understood what i meant by my last 2 posts, later
    sure youv heard of ali karimi n bayern munich? anyways this vd sums up the real iran and is a vid of asian world cup qualifying
    http://static.thepiratebay.org/downloadtorrent/3359723.torrent/Iran__s_road_to_WC_(movie).3359723.TPB.torrent

11. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I thought you meant, so I was surprised by the "we'd beat you 10-0" smack.

Good luck in your World Cup preparations. As a US supporter, I hope we're drawn together in Germany so we can make up for '98. ;)

12. white riot

white riot Member+

Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was winding you up because you flew at the other guy for no real reason. Either way C-Team or not you still got stuffed by bloody QPR. ;)

13. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    lol i flame alot sometimes, never mind what i say
    i support canada, and do follow bircham sometimes, i must say QPR have a solid team, to be preceise, this same tema taht lost today eat Bosnia 2-1 in Tehran. Id think QPR stand a good chance to promote to Premier League, what place did they finish in last year
    now if only we can crush millwall :D

14. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    hey thats right. I watched the game, QPR definatley deserverd vicotyr, does it matter in general though , no! Our youngsters had a chacne to prove themselves, QPR played a great game, thats about it. otherwise wed be looking at results all over the world of club teams playign thier B sides, and say Bayern tied a division 3 team yesterday 3-3 (which actually did happen, watched that too) :)
    anways, good luck, ill be going