Iran U-23 Vs Australia U-23 [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Mani, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  2. Gold is the Colour

Dec 17, 2005
    Perth Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Niether team should be unhappy with this. Australian men still unbeaten in Asia though:)

3. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran missed a penalty.

Sunday 16 April 2006

Australia have kicked off the four-nation tournament in Vietnam with a 0-0 draw against Iran.

It was the team's first match of the 2008 campaign, with the highlight of the match being Central Coast Mariners keeper Danny Vukovic’s 30th minute penalty save.

With the 2008 Olympic Games qualifying period set to commence next February, the tournament is being viewed as an ideal preparation step for the squad.

Four players from Sydney FC are in the squad, with three each from Melbourne Victory and Perth Glory. Head coach Graham Arnord and assistant coach Johan Neeskens lead the Australian players.

Spring Cup’ upcoming schedules:
    Iran – Uzbekistan (April 18, 3:45pm)
    Vietnam – Australia (April 18, 6:00pm)

Australia – Uzbekistan (April 20, 3:45pm)
    Vietnam – Iran (April 20, 6:00pm)

4. Heinz

Heinz Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Evergreen State
    VIetnam 2-2 Uzbekistan

Lookz like Uzbekistan or Iran will win this friendly tournament

5. GreenIsle

GreenIsle Red Card

Dec 28, 2005
    Green I/Prt Douglas
    It does? Why is that? :confused:

6. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Am I the only one whos unhappy with the result? 0-0...:eek:

7. MVFC

MVFC New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    Melbourne 5-0
    :mad:

8. MVFC

MVFC New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    Melbourne 5-0
    Can someone give me Australias 11 and those who were in the squad but not on the park - thanks.

9. Heinz

Heinz Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Evergreen State
    New results:

Vietnam 0 - 0 AUS U23

U-23 Australia: GK Vukovic (1); DF Miligan (2), Leijer (3), Timpano (4); MF Musialik (11), Vince Lia (7), Zadkovich (8), Stanley (6); FW Giraldi (9), Nicholas Ward (10), Sarkies(13).

Iran U23 2 - 0 Uzebekistan U 23

Safar scored both goals for Iran

10. MVFC

MVFC New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    Melbourne 5-0
    ^ thanks.

Australias squad has only players based in Australia, not overseas thus a pretty weak squad compared what the one we could feild using our U23 European based players.

In fact the starting 11 last match used players only from: Melbourne, Sydeny (& 1 state league player), Central Coast, Newcastle & Perth A-League clubs.

11. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Congratulations to Iran for the win
    I guess they are local players.

12. SherwinRazmy

SherwinRazmy New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    We tied Iran - Aust-0

13. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    He was talking about them beating Uzbekistan in their latest match.

14. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran lift Spring Cup

[​IMG]

PFDC - HANOI, A slightly depleted Iranian U23 squad lifted the Spring Cup trophy in Vietnam following a 1-1 draw against the hosts on the last matchday on Thursday.

Saipa Tehran winger Shojaei brought Iran ahead after 25 minutes from the penalty spot, but the homeside levelled the score one minute before the break through Hong Ming.

Fellow contenders Australia defeated Uzbekistan's U21 by 1-0 thanks to a goal from defender Nikolai Topor-Stanley and like Iran collected five points after three matches, however, "Team Omid" finished ahead of the Socceroos' U23 due to a better goal difference.

Iran's Olympic Team Coach Simoes couldn't count on the services of some Iranian Pro League and foreign based U23 players during the competition, but still the team after a goalless draw against Australia, a 2-0 victory over Uzbekistan (both goals by Ehsan Khorsandi) and the latest draw against Vietnam remained unbeaten and will earn 40.000 US$ price money.

Second placed Australia will receive 20.000 US$, third placed Vietnam 10.000 US$.

15. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Congrats to Iran.

Nice little tournament. I like the round-robin format - even though there weren't many teams entered it ensured everyone got a few matches.

16. MVFC

MVFC New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    Melbourne 5-0
    Anyone got Australia's starting 11 for the last game?

Cheers.

17. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    I am actually disappointed in our results. We got 2 draws in 3 games against much weaker opponents. I think all other three teams lack the experience and talent and all infrastructure, high level management at domestic league level. Auzzis don't have as much interest in soccer collectively, and considering that U-23 is a better representation of a countries' local raw talent as opposed to NT which is made of players trained abroad, I think we should have done much better, specially in scoring more goals.