Iran NT: Players, Team, and Related Updates

Discussion in 'GROUP B: Portugal, Spain, Iran, Morocco' started by Iranian Monitor, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    This is a good video from the Navad program recapping the performance of all of Iran's foreign based players for their clubs this week, which I list in something like the order they are covered in the video: 1-Ghoddos (Sweden); 2-Shojaie (AEK, Greece), 3-Ansarifard and 4-Haj Safaie (Olympiacos, Greece); 5-Azmoun (Rubin Kazan, Russia), 6-Ezatollahi (Amkar Perm, Russia), 7-Mohammadi (Ashmat Grozny, Russia); 8-Jahanbakhsh (AZ Alkaamar, Holland), 9-Ghoochannejad (Henerveen, Holland); 10-Sadegheyan (Turkey); 11-Rezaie (Charleroi, Belgium), 12-Rezaeian (Ostende, Belgium); 13- Taremi (Al Gharafa, QAT), 14- Rafaie (Qatar). Since 15-Pouraliganji (Al Sadd, Qatar) and 16-Dejagah (Nottingham Forrest, England) are injured right now and didn't play this week, they aren't covered in the video.

http://s.tamasha.com/statics/videos_file/402837_0_normalized_854x478.mp4

2. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Azmoun had 2 goals and an assist for Rubin Kazan, helping his club win 3:2.

3. AK8 Wizard

AK8 Wizard New Member

Persepolis
    Iran
    Jun 1, 2018
    How do you see our chances this time around? We have been impressive in qualifiers and disorganized in recent friendlies.

4. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I don't know what to expect and am just anxious for the World Cup to start. I can see us do worse than ever and I can see us advance from our group for the first time ever. Indeed, I think it will be one or the other and it won't be the usual World Cup for Iran.

5. saam14

saam14 Member

Manchester United
    Iran
    May 17, 2018
    I think we'll go back to our usual first choice back 4 from the qualifiers of Rezaeian PAG Montazeri and Mohammadi. If we do, we will be a lot more comfortable. Let's pray that this is the case and Cheshmi does not play CB lol.

6. -Sx2-

-Sx2- Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I registered on this website in 2006 as a 17 year old kid just to talk about TM, Tottenham and football in general. Now 12 years later I’m still able to log back in. Holy shit. DOO DOO DOO DOO IRAN!

7. AK8 Wizard

AK8 Wizard New Member

Persepolis
    Iran
    Jun 1, 2018
    This never gets old.

8. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The tournament may be over for Iran but your performances were something your team can be proud of. Good luck in the Asian Cup. If we don't defend the title, I hope you guys win it.

AK8 Wizard, AIL1998 and Zandi360 repped this.
  9. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you almango. When World Cup 2018 campaign started, the coaching staff and players said several times their goal is to make it out of World Cup group. Although It did not happen but fans were satisfied with their efforts, performances and even results. Unlike 2006 and 2014, the team got a very warm welcome by fans in the airport when they returned to Iran. Good luck to Australia too.

http://video.varzesh3.com/video/169581/استقبال-پرشور-مردم-از-تیم‌ملی-فوتبال-در-فرودگاه