Iran, India and Bangladesh offer to host 2011 Asian Cup

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Mani, Jul 5, 2005.

1. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    I will just address this point (mainly because I'm just lazy to read the whole thing and then reply to it as well!!):
    I was under the impression that the issue with Israel is not one of religion (hence Jews would have no problems playing in Iran) and the issue is one of Israel [for whatever reason] not being recognised as a country. Hence that is aimed at Israel only.

Secondly Israel is not in AFC as far as I know.

2. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    True. Israel is in the UEFA.

3. murlikt

murlikt New Member

Apr 14, 2002
    If I sound racist i dont mean it, I just dont like to see Indian put down India! In my opinion our sport players are good only they have no confidence and this is because our own ppl put them down. I never been to Iran but also maybe the iranians here on this website never been to India? Abt the Israel thing my point was that Israel can play in India but in Iran no. I remember the Olympics Judo event the top Iran player refused to play against Israel. I dont have problems with Iran trust me I just think you unmderestimate India for thgis event.

You wrote abt the slums in India where they sell their kidneys for money and the currency between Indian and America. Man why compare India and America? If anything it shows you can develop football here like build stadiums, if like FIFA gives finance in US$ then see what it buys. And if you compare again with Iran, youre telling me there is no slum in Iran or corruption (which you are correct abt)? At the end of the day yaar you organise a football match you dont worry abt all the other things just getting the crowd and money to organise it. And like you say in Goa, Bengal, Kerala, Manipur, even Punjab Mumbai there will be a big crowd.

Vilafria that website is the best but there is also www.soccernetindia.com plus the official AIFF website www.aiffonline.com btw Im not connected with these webites just supporter :)

4. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    you still don't get it... Israel is not the same as Jew... there are more than 30,000 Jews living in Iran and there is no anti-Judaism as there is no anti-Christianity (with all the Christians in Iran).... so if we call you racist is because you let your ignorance to be the judge of other nations!

5. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Perhaps this topic of religious matters should be discussed in a different thread and forum , and reserve this one for soccer .
    :)

6. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    well when I see persistence from this guy on his false belief I had to post it again.... but anyways it's still too early to decide who will get it!

7. murlikt

murlikt New Member

Apr 14, 2002
    You didnt answer my question. Is Israel allowed to play in Iran? Doesnt matter if jew or not jew. Doesnt matter if AFC or UEFA. I am comparing, and I know Israel can play in India.

You think I am ignorant I know ppl from Iran who escaped the country because of their religion my friend here Ali is from Bahai faith his family killed or in jail he only came to India 5 years only. Many Iranian refugees in India. If I will not persist abt Iran any more relax, just Im only comparing which country is easier for all visitors.

8. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    are you actually starting something about mistreatment of ppl over spiritual beliefs... try to run over a cow in India ;) ...

the political issue behind Israel not playing in Iran (they don't play in Arab countries as well) never stopped Iran or Arab countries from hosting such events as Israel is not in the AFC (the topic in hand).... your first post was saying Jews are not allowed to play Iran which is ridiculous as there are Jews in Iran living their normal lives and playing their soccer in our leagues… don’t have any in our NT yet as they are not good footballers but we have two Christians in current roster... even Israel's president is an Iranian Jew!

9. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I think we have a Jewish player in our U-17 NT. His name is Shahab Yanpi. There are also two Christian players on Iran's roster for the Japan World Cup Qualifier. Edmund Bezik and Andranik Teymourian is their names.

I don't want to get into socio-economical debates, but there are thousands of Indians who work in Iran. India's GDP per capita is a mere 40% of Iran's. So even economically, Iran is the better choice. Nonetheless, the race is too close to call.

10. Mike_Hallo

Mike_Hallo Red Card

Jul 1, 2005
    Dude murlikt,

you seem the only one supporting India, but I highly doubt they will get it.

If you guys want it so bad then prove you deserve it until then Shut the
    hell up with that stupid Israel comment geez.

11. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    1. the Israel question is irrelevant to the topic at hand.
    2. right now, despite what many may think India is perhaps better prepared (surprised me as well). Hence if instead of the 2011, the discussions turn on 2007, India's chances would probably increase dramatically.
    3. It may be a good thing or a bad thing if India do hold since it would increase the popularity of the sport in India (although by numbers it is relatively popular) however I am not sure how good it may be for the game if a country that is not fully dedicated to the game like Iran gets it.
    4. In the long term, Iran would probably invest better in the sport and given the passion of the people so I hope they get it.
    5. Let's stick to football!

12. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    :) I second that.

13. Karimi8Rulz

Karimi8Rulz New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    why are you filling the thread with garbage????

your discussion about religion is irrelevant!!!!!

This is about AFC, Israel is not in AFC. you are being very Indian now ;)

END OF DISCUSSION.

14. murlikt

murlikt New Member

Apr 14, 2002
    ok
    end of discussion

Which ever win Iran or India good luck to them!

15. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I heard about the FA recomending the SE Asia area sponsors to rather spend their money in improving local soccer infrastructure than paying for English teams' tours to the area and recalled this thread . Any thoughts about it?
    How it would affect your choices if the sponsors heeled to the FA's advice ?