Iran, India and Bangladesh offer to host 2011 Asian Cup

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Mani, Jul 5, 2005.

1. baba

baba New Member

Jun 13, 2005
    i think non iranians in this forum who says iranian women arent allowed into the stadiums should get their facts..

beacuse iranian women recently got allowed to enter + they have had about 2000-3000 women in the latest team melli games...

Also iran have better facilities then most asian countries and in the future even better...let alone india and bangladesh

with the new stadiums coming in tehran and isfahan ;) ..Iran have built aboout 10 stadiums since 2000...maybe even more if i am wrong..

the 2 new stadiums to be built in tehran 1 for Esteghlal and the other 1 is speculated between Saba Battri or persepolis will be 2 huge stadiums..

Also Pas Tehrans world class stadium..if you look at it its as good as it can get for being a 15.000 stadium..is getting expanded to around 45.000

i dont see this kind of progress in most asian countries..

besides Qatar-Japan-korea-Saudi etc..the bigger names

2. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I think you should get your facts straight... Iranian women always been allowed into the stadiums and there was no restriction on them entering stadiums except for Azadi stadium (this restriction has nothing to do with Islamic rules as there was no women attending games back in Shah’s time).... in all the other cities except Tehran women spectators have been enjoying sporting events.... the restriction on Azadi has been removed as well and again the restriction was only applied to Iranian women and foreigners could come to Azadi as they did back in playoffs against Ireland!

you are Arash from PFDC, aren't you?

3. baba

baba New Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Arash ?

Sorry but you have to be mistaken...is that Karimi-nr1 cause many people ask me this question :confused:

may i ask who this karimi-nr1 is ? and why do i get this question all the time

4. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    oh well I don't know... same style of writing and same content... if you are not him then you should know that there is a person who lives in OZ and shares the same view on things with you....

** shoma hata eshtebahaye englisitun ham shabihe hame :D

5. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    This is the second thread I read today that contends with possible choices for future big cup events , and in both India was mentioned as a possible candidate for host country. I must say that I'm quite surprised to encounter descriptions of India as a soccer nation. I did not have a clue. Never heard of a team from India or even that India competed in international competitions. Cricket ,that's another matter.
    Anyway, due to my ignorance, I'll say that of the 3 choices Iran is top dog.

6. PersianSaam14

PersianSaam14 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2005
    Dubai
    I keep sayin he is arash, they write the same and have the same views on stadius, arash said the exact same thing about the pas stadium, lol

7. baba

baba New Member

Jun 13, 2005
    i dont understand... :confused:

have this arash done anything ? seems like you guys hate him or something

8. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    no man he is an all right guy... he is only 16 and has done nothing wrong... we like him as a "hamvatan" so don't get us wrong! ;)

9. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    India would be a great host, it's a wonderful country but their football has to develop a bit more first. Expand it outside of bengal.

10. murlikt

murlikt New Member

Apr 14, 2002
    In India football is most popular in Bengal, Goa, Kerala, and North east states. In those places the stadium will be too full for any games. In other places there is interest just not much tv showing. Indian football team is not well known as in past but slowly the standard is coming back. I dont know how to put pictures here but you can check www.indianfootball.com there is a lot of information.

Even in India there is terrorist threat and politics not only from paki terrorists but from hindu militant, tribals but dont forget India is not so backward the big cities are advanced many sponsors plus like i said the crowds will come and it will help develop the game here. I think India will get it because the AFC knows there is potential in India plus it will be the first time

11. murlikt

murlikt New Member

Apr 14, 2002
    As long as there is crowds, the stadiums are ok, there is no instability with country, plus the country has hosted big event before, then no problem the cup should go to that country. Iran has hosted before Im sure they can host it well but there is no reason why India cant do even better job. After India they can take the tournament to Australia maybe to develop there also

12. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Why dont they allow women in Azadi? If they removed it, then why before, weird, if they allow women normally in other stadiums then whats the problem with Azadi?

13. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    nice link mulikt.

14. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    soccer hooligans.... DAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!... when you have 50 million ppl who are crazy about soccer and are mostly fan of Tehrani clubs… you bound to have 50000+ soccer hooligans….

15. ilkhan

ilkhan Red Card

Jun 8, 2005
    I am sure a few japanese women with nasty wounds to their heads would disagree.

Iran already hosted twice. They should not be hosting again until all the major countries did twice.

In all other continents any country that does not allow women in ANY of their stadiums has very little chance of hosting any international events. Only in Asia it is possible due to the influence of arab countries.

16. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    i prefer india to be the host,coz the spectators are crazy,well just like Iran tho but in Iran women are not allowed to come and watch football right?and about the terorrist threat..well In Indonesia(my country) there are also terrorist threat but i'm sure when the Asian cup 2007 begin,even the terrorist will be bussy watching the Asian Cup 2007:d

17. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran has always allowed women in all stadiums. The restriction on women was limited to football matches at Azadi stadium which has been lifted since the beginning of the WCQs. There were 2000-3000 Iranian women in Azadi stadium for the Iran-Bahrain WCQ match.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Thanks for the help. :) My ignorance has been abated slightly.

19. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

20. DCSharksFC

DCSharksFC Member

Feb 28, 2003
    Virginia Tech
    i just got back from goa, and i'll let you know that goa is definitely a soccer nation (viva goa!!!!) , but india might consider itself a soccer nation, i'd place it right next to the USA, except the level of play on the field just isn't getting anywhere, there's support, but other sports (cricket) get more attention

i'd go with iran, transportation's fine, the political atmosphere (for those who live in a barn) is fine, soccer is BIG, the stadiums are great, and the guys with the money know what to do with some cash in their hand

india

too much corruption, give them money to renovate Salt Lake Stadium, and 70% will be in their pockets b4 it gets to paying for supplies, contractors etc,
    transportation is pitiful, if not scary, deadly, and daunting
    serious waste management and pollution problem, and if you disagree, walk around a stadium these days in india and tell me how much human feces is lying around it, as far as stadiums are concerned they're there, but cricket stadiums aren't a place for soccer, and why are they all called jawarhal nehru stadium? WHY?????
    sure tourists go there, but thats cuz of places like goa, and don't forget a large chunk of the himalayas are in india, lets not even start with the political problems in india, from Jammu & Kashmir, to Christian churches burning across the west coast, to people who sell their kidneys in slums to make some money, and 5 ruppees is about 11 USA cents if india didn't put plans to waste, see Millenium Cup, maybe, just maybe, i'd let them have a chance at hosting the asian cup, this coming from an indian

bangladesh

for those of you who have problems about iranian women, women in bangladesh flee to USA or India, or whereever, b/c of their brutal treatment, they are tortured and killed for accepting marriage arrangements, i know, i was in Amnesty International, i was bangladesh, and they have the same money problem as India, too, too much corruption, too much political issues

in six years time, i see iran as being the most stable, competent, and reliable nation in hosting the 2011 asian cup, its not about who's gonna deserve it, its about which nation'll be able to ride the horse without falling off or getting trampled

21. murlikt

murlikt New Member

Apr 14, 2002
    There is corruption but dont forget man the 2010 commonwealth games are in Delhi so there will be stadiums and facilities for sure by the time 2011. Commonwealth games are maybe 3rd biggest tournament in the world after WC and Olympics.

I dont want to talk politics but the Himilayas and Kashmir its no problem because they wont play games there the best facilities are in Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Goa. The only place that is dangerous for football is maybe Manipur they have a good stadium and support but political problems. Jawaharlal Nehru is India's first prime minister after independance so thats why the name of the stadium. I never been to Iran so i cant say abt that country but Im sure a foriegner will see India as safer than Iran in my opinion. Here you have tolerence to all religions what chance for Israel to play in Iran?

Iran is a football country India is not yet but trust me by 2011 the standard will be up and also if you can host Afro-asian games + Commonwealth games this tournament is easy.

22. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    After checking out the link you posted , I'll have to tend to agree w/ you that there is great potential for growth and the that the regional base is stronger than many outsidders are aware. :) The stadia needed for major events, though, may require investment from local gov. that may not be fiscally defensible. What do you think?

23. DCSharksFC

DCSharksFC Member

Feb 28, 2003
    Virginia Tech
    i'm not saying there isn't a growth potential in india, i'm saying india isn't suitable for the asian cup vs. iran, like i said earlier, india is a lot like the USA in terms of soccer, and it needs a boost, like the 1994 world cup did for the USA, but the USA didn't have the problems that india pose right now, if india can clean up their act, they'll be able to host the 2011 asian cup, h*ll go ahead and give it to 'em, right now there's too many if's with india, the commenwealth games will be a big test, however, we have to wait until 2010 to find out if india is a suitable host?

murlikt, i think you're being a bit racist/prejudice against iran with your use of political issues against iran, cuz iran is one of the most stable nations in asia, u've never even been there, and are only replying on hearsay, bad rep on that

24. Mike_Hallo

Mike_Hallo Red Card

Jul 1, 2005
    As I said this is a no brainer.

Look India is not on the map of soccer nations. It has not won anything or
    done anything spectacular. They should not host.

Same goes for Bangladesh but they are even poorer.

Iran wins hands down. Great people and fans. great stadiums.
    AC was held there before.

This is not a debate. lol

25. Karimi8Rulz

Karimi8Rulz New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Iran is the best option for the following reasons:

1) Politically the safest & most stable

2) Provides the best security & safety of member guests & their fans

3) The best infrastructure, stadiums, hotels, entertainment centers for the tourists

4) Experience hosting big events

5) Financing & marketing big events

6) The best fan support

GO IRAN!