Invitation to the Interliga in LA

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by jq pepe, Jan 1, 2006.

1. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Since the Home Depot Center is an MLS venue and this is an invitation to MLS fans in LA, I think this is the right place for this tread (plus is old news in the mexican forum)

Its still a few month until the MLS starts, but if you guys want to see some nice football, the Interliga will be disputed in LA this coming Jan 10 and 11, with the finals jan-15.

I know very well that when some fans around this place read-Mexico- they see red, but this games are not some mindless friendlies with B-squads, they are teams at full strenght, with exellent mexican and south american players,they play good attacking football, my recomendation: see the Cruz Azul-tigres game, Big chivas and Monterey should give good shows also.

First place will go directly to Copa Libertadores, secon place will play a repechage with a south american team.Of course I hope Cruz Azul wins it

Take a look guys, highly recomended :D

2. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    So, the games in Texas don't count?

3. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They do, but the finals will be in LA

4. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sorry to burst your bubble. The only ones that matter are the ones on Jan. 5:

La Joya Stadium
    La Joya, Texas

Pachuca vs. Veracruz
    Monterrey vs. Morelia

All those here in South Texas....see ya there!

5. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not gonna be able to catch any of those unless they'll be televised. If the Interliga is on tv I'm definitely going to watch it this year because I'm really hoping that we can get MLS teams in there in the near future.

6. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    From checking the schedule at the Interliga web page, all :) the games are going to be on TV.

7. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    Interliga is much, MUCH better than the Mexican league regular season.

The competition is more intense, and since it isn't played at 7,000 ft. or 95 degrees, the games are faster, too.

This is a true treat if any of you haven't checked it out.

All games LIVE on Fox Sports en Espanol.

8. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    Valid points on the first post, but to get some real attention from US fans, Mexican clubs might want to consider getting some more US players. I know there's a few, but I see no reason why some of those clubs shouldn't give some players a trial.

My first thought would be Cunningham. Before his days in RSL, I would have even said Mathis (though I fear that ship has sailed). Those are 2 players might have done well and MFL clubs get high quality players at good prices.