INVEST is a stadium!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Jester&ni, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Jester&ni

Jester&ni New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Spanish in England
    ROMAN should starting thinking about investing in a stadium since arsenal and liverpool are both upgrading to 60,000.

So what if the land values in london are high
    So what if chelsea had just upgraded back in 1999

Roman should start planning on expending stamford bridge or buy a new land as far away from fulham as possible.

2. starman1994

starman1994 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Malaysia
    You mean sell Stamford Bridge? I thought that the rumour was to flatten the hotel and extend the stadium to 60,000 capacity.... anyone?????

3. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's see them sell out Stamford Bridge every week and every match before we start talking about expanding the ground.

Plus Stamford Bridge is one of the nicest grounds in the league.

4. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Well we do seem to be seeling out this season. Even the Notts county game was a sell out. The diference in attendance and capacity was down to no shows amongst season ticket holders.

I agree it is a great ground and the facilities in the new west stand are excellent.

5. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's good news Dr. I. We have the some of the highest ticket prices in the league don't we?

I can't wait to get back to the Bridge. I've only been once, and although the match was miserable for Chelsea (the 2-2 draw v. Leicester in April 99' when we gave up 2 goals in the final 8 minutes) I had a blast.

Going to try something for this spring....

Personally, I think Chelsea should really push for an England match at Stamford Bridge.

6. BrianJ 22

BrianJ 22 New Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Australia

Chelsea has the most luxury boxes in the premier league I think,,, not sure.

Chelsea has the money to expand but plans have to get approved first

7. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I wondered about that too, we have the boggest ground in London so I do not know why we already haven't had one yet.

I don't know if it is anything to do with crowd segregation at the bridge? That is why we have to give prime touchline seats to the opposition every week.

Or maybe it is because we upset someone at the FA?

8. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington
    Planning permission

I seem to remember last year when the subject of a groundshare with Fulham at SB came up that there were some conditions to us being granted permission to redevelop the Bridge and add all the new seating to the West Stand:

1) No groundshare

2) Football matches only, and only Chelsea ones at that

3) No international matches

It seems the locals think that the traffic of more games would be too much to bear. I see their point, the entire area around the Bridge is a zoo of closed roads and pedestrian traffic on match days and the tube is a nightmare as well. If you hadn't planned on it being gameday or you lived near the stadium it can get old really quick.