Introduce Yourself Here

Discussion in 'Introductions Board' started by ProfZodiac, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Nick T

Nick T New Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hello guys

2. holto

holto New Member

Mar 11, 2017
    Club:
    --other--
    Greetings all. For those who don't know me, i am holto - venerated and generally detested former member of the now defunct espn soccer boards. Truly a legend in my own imagination.

having changed my soccer allegiances since those heady days, my current favorites (and former favorites in brackets) are as follows:

Club Team: Barcelona (Real Madrid)
    National Team: Germany (Spain, and before that, Brazil)
    Current Player: Messi (Freddy Adu)
    Former Player: Cruyff (Freddy Adu)
    Match: Barca 6-1 PSG (PSG 4-0 Barca)

3. Lupos

Lupos New Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Hey guys, following this forum for a few weeks, now I have signed up

4. RickNL

RickNL New Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Hello! I'm from Holland. :)
    I like to watch the Premier League, Eredivise & MLS.

5. RyanPerez

RyanPerez New Member

Mar 9, 2017
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Hi! Greetings from Florida!

6. Christopher Rung

Christopher Rung New Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hey everyone, I’d love for you to check out the soccer camp I am currently marketing, The FC Barcelona Girls Camp in Barcelona, Spain http://fcbarcelonagirlscamp.com

If you have the funds, this is an amazing opportunity for your daughter/granddaughter/niece/etc.

7. holto

holto New Member

Mar 11, 2017
    Club:
    --other--
    Mods!!!

8. Raniel

Raniel New Member

Mar 18, 2017
    hallo lads from bulgaria!

9. _Ziggy_

_Ziggy_ Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Mar 20, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hello everyone! Love that this is still around after so many years.

10. Coach Chris

Coach Chris New Member

Tampa Bay Rowdies
    United States
    Mar 22, 2017
    Lutz, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My name is Chris Wimmer. I coach competitive youth soccer in Florida. I used to run VA Soccer News and recently started a new blog: Soccer Syndrome

11. GeoffFootballStats

GeoffFootballStats New Member

Chelsea
    Australia
    Mar 22, 2017
    I am new to this forum but have been coaching and managing junior teams for about 10 years. This year I have put together an iOS app to keep track of team (rather than individual) performance for the teams I am responsible for. I am hoping to connect with other coaches through this site to find out more about how they interpret team performance and design coaching sessions to address the issues they identify.

Geoff

12. GeoffFootballStats

Chelsea
    Australia
    Mar 22, 2017
    Also - if anyone can share links to good-quality video of full matches by amateur teams that I could use for app-testing purposes, that would be excellent. The video needs to be sufficient for a viewer to determine approximately where on the pitch each first touch/shot on goal/ref intervention etc. happens. The more diversity in the games being used to test the app, the better. I can use the video footage to tag up the events in the game and this can be quite helpful in refining the kinds of analytics that the app produces.

13. Markweiser

Markweiser Member

Mar 25, 2017
    Did you have any luck finding managers? I want to connect as well.

GeoffFootballStats repped this.
  14. GeoffFootballStats

Chelsea
    Australia
    Mar 22, 2017
  15. Christopher Rung

Christopher Rung New Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    lol i’m just trying my best dude ... you think it would be easier to market a premier girls soccer camp located in one of the most beautiful and exciting cities in Europe. Home to relaxing weather and an amazing atmosphere, not only is Barcelona a great place for a girl’s soccer camp; it’s also an amazing place to visit as a family! http://fcbarcelonagirlscamp.com

.. uh oh i got carried away

16. Markweiser

Markweiser Member

Mar 25, 2017
    It is probably not.
    And the risk taken by opening something like that should be evaluated before doing so, not after, impacting places where the focus is X and you propagate Y.
    Please have some respect regarding our friends here.

17. viva_iran

viva_iran Member

Iran
    Apr 4, 2017
    Hi. I'm viva_iran. Iran will surprise the world next year.

Lucho305 repped this.
  18. Tim Young

Tim Young New Member

Portsmouth FC
    England
    Apr 11, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hi, Tim here. Big fan of indoor soccer and futsal. I recently started a blog to share my experiences in the game and help new members get involved in this great sport! Fell free to check out my site. I'd love to get some feedback :) not to many articles on yet but I hope to expand the site in the next coming weeks.

19. kumar13thapa

kumar13thapa New Member

Apr 11, 2017
    Hello from Nepal

20. Fans Republic

Fans Republic New Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Hello every one, dedicated football fan here :)

21. ManuelSmith

ManuelSmith New Member

Oct 3, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
  22. roger__that20

roger__that20 New Member

Barcelona
    Colombia
    May 3, 2017
    Hey! My name is Roger, big time Barcelona fan and Messi is the GOAT! Love football and am looking forward to some great discussions!

23. Bhoy1907

Bhoy1907 New Member

May 16, 2017
    Hi! I heard about this site from my friend some months ago and have been casually lurking since.

24. Minty

Minty New Member

Celtic
    Scotland
    May 17, 2017
    Hello. Looking forward to posting.

25. messimadeamess

messimadeamess New Member

Celtic
    Scotland
    May 23, 2017
    I need 10 posts before I can make my own post.

BUT the reason I am here I will just ask here anyway.

As a kid I was always the best dribbler at football like a little messi but I was shy and really quiet so I only played with people I knew most often and school. After high school I only played 5 a side really and with mates then in league, I had really bad fitness to. Reailty is ive never trained in soccer but have natural skill at least in dribbling and agility etc..

Fast forward to now and 35 year old ive not played much over last few years but want to get back into it.

My question was therefore is it to late and pointless. Firstly I need to work on my fitness so need train 3x per week cardio, well that's my plan and ive done 2 weeks already.

I played with some guys 7s a few weeks back and was told ive got good skills and if I were fit would be a good player.

But often I think whats the point who else is out there training hard just to play a kickabout game of football. I had a natural talent I wasted and now I'm old I just want to play but no fitness. BUT problem is my play was all about speed and dribbling, so I need to train I cant be the old veteran who sit back making sharp passes and long range shots etc..

I wonder if I'm wasting my time but still keen to do it....I want to play football forever but that seems unlikely the guys I'm playing with are like 18-25 and miles ahead of me, not much luck finding older guys to play with, all my old mates rarely even work out and mostly all getting fat let alone play football.

Football was everything for me, looking forward to each game and thinking about the last one. Life without playing sucks.

But what the future hold can I still play when I'm 40, 50, 60? lol.

Should I work on shooting technique and other things, its like I'm training like I'm Ronaldo but I hardly even get to play any games atm lol