(Int'l Friendly) Germany vs Cameroon - 1 June 2014: 20:30 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 1, 2014.

1. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think you have trouble articulating your points.

2. Jordan Khamra

Jordan Khamra Member

May 21, 2014
    I think the points in my last post are very clear. If you are having problems comprehending, for that I am sorry.

3. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is how you articulated your points.

"No doubt Ozil has fine ball handling skills and is a great passer but as a playmaker, he does not shoot enough, has a weak shot and does not score enough."

"At any rate, when you don't score and can't shoot, don't have enough stamina, and can't last 90 minutes."

"When Arsenal pays 40M+ for your services, that also comes with certain amount of expectations."

These aren't articulations. They're generalizations and contradictions based on invalid information, with failure to follow up on their meaning.

You're entitled to have expectations, just don't bullshit anyone into getting your perception off as reality.

4. Jordan Khamra

Jordan Khamra Member

May 21, 2014
    Glad we have someone on the forum that can dictate what/how people should post. I think people on this forum are smarter than you think, you don't need to protect them. I am done with your nonsense, it is a waste of my time.

Kirsten19, dips82 and Dhajj repped this.
  5. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Definitely.

6. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And then you went on to say this. Quite hypocritical if you ask me.

Extremely talented creative player? Yes.

Best assister in Europe? Debatable.

Germany's most important player? No. Important player for Germany? Yes.

How contradictory that you use this as a defense for Özil when you are so quick to discard Schweinsteiger on the Bayern boards, who has had to play through severe injuries and fatigue for several years because of his importance at club and national level.

I believe Özil and Khedira are important players for Germany, but reading your walls of text whenever the slightest criticism of Özil or Khedira is made, as you put it to someone else earlier, "shows your hand". You have clear favorites.

7. schwas

schwas Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I didn't put words in your mouth, I just pointed out your pattern of positing on different boards, but no point arguing...so lets just move on. I apologies if that offended you.

I pretty much said the same thing in my previous post, so no argument there

Hugely successful players for their clubs don't make hugely successful players for the national team. Different teams, different systems, different environments. Its not always the coach's fault. No saying we have the best coach in the world but blaming every bad pass or a players mistake or inability to track back when needed on the coach is just silly. Players have to take responsibility for their poor showings as well. I blame löw for the 2012 loss against Italy, but I blame the players just as much as löw for the 2010 loss and the 2008 losses to Spain. I blame the players for the complete collapse against Sweden and losing 4 goals advantage. A coach can simple do nothing on the field when the players decide to stop running, and forget the basics.

Fair enough....So you think he is more suited than Kroos as a AM/playmaker for the 2014 team?

8. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Kroos has proven to have no legs I'll take oezil over him in any position. All players are just as bad as each other bastian is even worse.

bayern15 repped this.
  9. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In all honesty, as soon as a criticism of Ozil is brough forward Sirmachester drags a thread into some unrecoverable abyss.

Please allow people to have their say..... whether you agree or disagree. Pointing out their stupidity (as perceived by you) is neither constructive nor does it lend itself to any meaningful debate or discussion.

My opinion (and that's the key word here for ALL of us), is that Ozil is nowhere near as dynamic a player as he can be. Not to say he isn't a great player..... just that I believe (and we've seen glimpses of it) that he is nowhere near his potential. There is little doubt he is likely the most gifted player on the pitch, but his mentiality does cause him to drift at times. I think even his most ardent supporter can agree to this. I have been a huge fan of Ozil (still am), but he has been disapointing for me over the past two years, other than for short stretches.

People use his distance covered and his work rate as examples of his strong influence on the game, but I believe that is a misrepresentation. There is no doubt he covers a lot of ground, and is very good at finding space. The question becomes what he does with that space, and how he uses that to create for himself or others.

Podolski doesn't seem to have a lot of fans on this board (and I can understand why at times), but I thought he brought some much needed tenacity to the game. He was angry..... and it showed. Personally, I think we needed that.

Kirsten19, Dhajj and dips82 repped this.
  10. Goetzil10

Goetzil10 Member

Real Madrid
    Germany
    Jul 1, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't know if I should be surprised or not that so many Germany National fans still don't quite understand what type of player Ozil is yet. Ozil is a genius. Basically, he has three virtues that separates him from pretty much all other playmakers not only in Germany, but in the world.
    1. His decision making on the counter attack, meaning he almost always makes the right pass in whatever situation.
    2. His ability to play in tight spaces. Only Gotze can rival him on the team.
    3. His vision of the pitch as a whole and understanding where he is relative to the ball and his teammates at all times. This means he's always a step ahead in the decision making process and can see passes before anyone else.

Very few players, if any are perfect. Ozil doesn't have great physical strength to fight with commanding players, or the explosive pace to blow by the quickest ones. He's not the hardest working player on defense, even if his lack of effort is overblown many times. In the end, he's Germany's (and maybe the world's) most devastating playmaker, and his combination with Reus and understanding with Muller is irreplaceable in this squad.

11. Goetzil10

Goetzil10 Member

Real Madrid
    Germany
    Jul 1, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I haven't posted in a while but based on the way things are shaping up, Germany will most likely line up in a 4-2-3-1. If so, as SirManchester has repeatedly said, Mesut Ozil is indispensable in the team as the central playmaker. Play Kroos there? The team becomes a 4-1-4-1 possession based team, and that's simply not Low's gameplan right now. Gotze is an option as the 10, but he's not at the level of Ozil regarding anything outside the box. We need Mario IN the box, where his more natural goalscoring instincts can flourish, especially with only Klose and Muller effective there.

12. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    @SirManchester

13. Cuppo

Cuppo Member+

May 27, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    @Goetzil10 Very doubtful if the 4-2-3-1 with counter attacking style suits to a false 9. Germany is doomed if they play like previously, no question. Also, Klose maybe won't be useful which is understandable. Everything speaks for a possession based side with maybe a 4-1-4-1 IMO but don't really see it happen because of Löw. :mad:

@SirManchester just continue sucking Mesut's dick but your fanboyism slowly gets suspicious. If you are true with that, fine but then don't try to bring arguments like he was out of form if his WC perfomance was rubbish after all.

14. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What?

There's nothing new in there and everything has already been addressed.

16. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't believe anyone here will disagree on the three points you mentioned above..... you're absolutely right. I believe some fans understand exactly what he is.

what I am adding to your statement is that Ozil still has a tendancy to become invisible at times. It is true that many defenses key on him, and that makes it more difficult for him to find the time and space to create, but that doesn't negate my point. Ozil has the ability to be best playmaker in the world..... yet he's not quite there yet. He needs to find that ability to add some vigor to his game.....

17. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well he's the assist record of the premier League over the last 4 years despite missung 1/4 of the season. Same in Spain. And he leads the scorer board in the wc qualifiers for Germany. The dimension of the critizism he gets is just absurd.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  18. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Never thought I'd see the day when SirManchester and Dage agreed on something.

Liquid1010 repped this.
  19. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #169 Dalmar, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014

Gotze, Boateng, Lahm and the genius are the key players in this team for me . Gundogan would have been the key player along with Mesut (Big reason why I think this team has a bigger shot in winning 2018 than 2014)

U seen the images of players visiting "the winner of the World Cup"? Funny to see Mesut in the back row only his hair visible. lol Why would guys like Mesut, Schweinsteiger be dragged in front of these hags(Nester,
    Mathias) when they were writing obituaries of the players few months ago. I think it was disrespect to the players and I think that may have been on Ozil's mind before the match.

Come Brazil though my boy would be ready, and we are lucky to enjoy a dying breed, a true # 10

20. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Huh?

I agree he is overly criticized, but he didn't lead the Premier League in assists, not even close. He had less than half (10) the amount of assists of Luis Suarez (21).

There is a phenomenon here on BigSoccer. Whenever a player is overly criticized and SirManchester rushes to their defense, they are in turn overly praised.

Özil is a very talented playmaker. He is an important player for Germany and Arsenal. That's it. Don't make it more than it is just because people are being overly critical.

21. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

or,

£42,000,000