Inter's Young Prospects!

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by MetroChile, Mar 5, 2007.

1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    We have a very well-established 1st team, but on top of that we apparently have a number of promising younger players (* indicates that he's actually played some 1st team, feel free to correct me and whatnot):

-Attila Filkor: 19 yrs. old, Hungarian. 2nd striker, former captain of Hungary's U19s, has 2 caps for the Senior NT. Joined us from Pieta Hotspurs FC (Malta). *
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attila_Filkor

-Goran Slavkovski: 17 yrs. old, Swedish-Macedonian (apparently he will represent Macedonia's U21s in the very near future). Forward, considered to be "the new Zlatan". Joined us from Malmo (youth, Sweden). Youngest player ever to play for Inter. *
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goran_Slavkovski

-Ibrahim Maaroufi: 18 yrs. old, Belgian-Moroccan (has represented Belgium at the U21 level, and Morocco at the U21 and U23 level). Defensive mid. Joined us from PSV (Holland, though previously he was with Anderlecht in Belgium). I recall seeing him start one game in Nov. in Serie A, and he def. looked he could be "something" in the future. *
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Maaroufi

-Leonardo Bonucci: 19 yrs. old, Italian. Center back. Joined us from Viterbese. I recall seeing him start one game, as well, thought I wasn't to impressed personally. *
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_Bonucci

-Daniel Maa Boumsong: 19 yrs. old, Cameroonian. Right back? Don't know where he came from? Currently on loan at Treviso. *
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Maa_Boumsong

-Sebastian Ribas: 18 yrs. old, Uruguayan-Italian. Attacking mid. He came to us from Juventud Las Piedras (2nd div. team in Uruguay). Was called up to play for Uruguay U20s at this year's qualifying tournament, but apparently Inter didn't let him go as he one of our U19s top scorers.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastián_Ribas

Metro

2. Blitzwing

Blitzwing New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Good thread Metro, I am familiar with Ibrahim Maaroufi, Leonardo Bonucci and Daniel Boumsong who are great prospects but not so much the others nice to know a bit more about them.

3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Thanks! :)

Two more.

-Jonathan Babiany (aka Jonathan Begora): 19. yrs old. French-Guadelupan. He's a striker currently playing for our "Primavera" team. Joined us from "Blanc-Mesnil". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Biabiany

-Tijani Belaid: 19 yrs. old. Has represented both France (U17) and Tunisia (U19) at youth level, though he has apparently chosen the ladder to be his NT for the future. Plays as an attacking mid/2nd striker. Joined us from Paris FC; and is currently on loan to PSV (Holland). *
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tijani_Belaid

Metro

4. MagicoNr10

MagicoNr10 New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Mario Balotelli Barwuah (born August 12, 1990 in Palermo, Italy) is an Italian-born Ghanaian football (soccer) Striker for F.C. Internazionale Milano Under-17 Team, Allievi Nazionali.

With an average of more than a-goal-a-game, the Italian press say he is a phenomenom and whiz kid of Italian soccer, even if he is not an Italian. At the age of 15, Balotelli Barwuah became the youngest player in the Italian Professional Football leagues when he was promoted to the senior side of his former Club A.C. Lumezzane made his senior professional debut in the Italian Serie C against Padova.

He was wanted by Fiorentina Youth Team in June and FC Barcelona in the summer of 2006, but he chose to go to Inter Milan Youth team on August 31, 2006 because it is close to home. Inter signed him for 3 years - the maximum allowed for someone his age.

Barwuah is regarded as one of the most exciting young players in the World , with some already comparing him to Barcelona’s Lionel Messi. El Barça busca en el Inter a un nuevo Messi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Balotelli_Barwuah

5. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  6. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's U20's. Their striker Balotelli is an exciting prospect. He's only 17 and is already a star with the Primavera side.

7. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    bump

So who are our promising prospects at the moment? Most of the guys I mentioned in the 1st post are long gone, so currently we have:

-Vid Belec, GK (Slovenia).
    -Joel Chukwuma Obi, AM (Nigeria).
    -Rene Khrin, Mid (Slovenia).
    -Cristian Daminuta, AM/2nd striker (Romania).
    -Attila Filkor, 2nd striker (Hungary).

8. Bruticus

Bruticus Member

May 18, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You left out Mattias Destro!! He's been added to the top squad along with Obi and Krhin. Apparently he is the best forward to come out of our primavera since Mario!

9. HendersonNYC

HendersonNYC New Member

May 20, 2008
    New York
    Wait wait wait...you mean to tell me that in a couple years I might be able to buy an Inter jersey with the name DESTRO on the back??? Are f'ing kidding me..how awesome is that?? I might even get silver face paint just to complete the look!!

10. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    The best young prospect are currently:

15. Rene Krhin, Slovenian midfielder, Born 21 May 1990

20. Joel Chukwuma Obi, Nigerian midfielder, Born 22 May 1991

39. Davide Santon, Italian Right/Left Fullback, right midfielder, Born January 2, 1991

41. Mattia Destro, Italian Striker, Born 20 March, 1991

45. Mario Balotelli, Italian Striker/Forward/Wide Forward, Born 12 August 1990

51. Vid Belec, Slovenian goalkeeper, Born June 6, 1990

76. Kerlon, Brazilian forward, Born January 27, 1988

Others:

Luca Siligardi, Italian attacking midfiielder, Born January 26, 1988 (on loan at Triestina)

Cristian Daminuţă, Romanian defensive midfielder, Born 15 February 1990 (on loan at Modena)

Aiman Napoli, Italian Striker (top youth goalscorer) Born July 2, 1989 (on loan at Modena)

Luca Tremolada, Italian attacking midfielder, Born November 25, 1991

11. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Obviously Balotelli and Santon have already proved themselves, but I'm thinking more long term.

But in my eyes we sold our two other best Italian prospects in Acquafresca and Francesco Bolzoni!

12. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Inter's best prospect is, imo, Marco Ezio Fossati.

13. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I've read about him. Forgot to include in the list. How do you rate him?

I haven't watched the Primavera as the games are unavailable here obviously, so I just rely on the Inter website.

By the way I love Genoa's defense. Great future if they can keep it together. I think Genoa has a good shot at making the Europa league again this season. My favorite Serbian player, Bosko Jankovic is on Genoa. I'm hoping he does well for you.

In case you were wondering, I was born and raised in Serbia. That's why.

Sorry for taking Milito. I think he realized that this was the only chance he was going to get in the Champions League.

And Motta revilitilized his career... he should be grateful to your club. That game against Juventus was amazing to watch.

14. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    agree, he's still so young but fossati could be a more athletic pirlo..IF he develops to his full potential

15. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    no mention of Coutinho?

16. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well, yeah he looks really good from the u17 action i have seen of him, but he isn't at inter yet.

17. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Exactly.

18. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ESPN Soccernet and Inter.it have:

Vid Belec
    Rene Khrin
    Joel Chukwuma Obi
    Mattia Destro
    Kerlon

as being the young guys staying up with the senior team this year.

ESPN Soccernet adds Luca Tremolada and Luca Caldirola to that list.

19. Bruticus

Bruticus Member

May 18, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Besides that he can't even get a game for Vasco, in fact he isn't even making the bench, and Vasco are playing in the Brazilian second tier....:cool:

20. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    3 of our boys are repping Italy at the U17 WC in Nigeria:
    -D Felice Natalino;
    -FW Simone Dell Agnello;
    -M Marco Fossatti.

Anybody know anything about these guys?

21. sux88

sux88 New Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    In the Under 17 there is also lorenzo Crisetig, the assist man of the matche Vs Algeria.
    In addicition to the players you have said there is also the new stricker Alibec and the Midfielder DaMinuta among the most brilliant prospects

22. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Are these guys you mention here Interistas, as well??

23. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Yeah all of them are. Criesteg is seen as a good player, while Damintua is a Romanian U21 who came to Inter this past season.

24. sux88

sux88 New Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Yes. Alibec arrived this summer from Farul costanza anche played in the "Primavera". Daminuta this year is on loan at Modena while Crisetig is not still in the Primavera because he is only a 1993's.

25. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    True.. Damintua is a defensive midfield, and Alibec is a true forward. Both are seen as some of the best players in Romania for their generation. If they can get to the first team I will be happy.