Post-match: International Friendly: USA vs Jamaica; June 5th 2019

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by tomásbernal, Jun 5, 2019.

1. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Add me to the list of those that wanted to decompress for a good three days till posting. Which is the right thing to do after that display Thursday. I recall fifteen minutes in and just thinking out loud at the bar I was at how void of cohesive play this group of guys have. Which happens for any National Team set ups here and there, just not at the severity our players managed to display against the global football icons Jamaica. GB's tactics are from the moon. Our players and his response to going a goal down are even more alarming.
    Said it before, in our Fed's old 2010 slogan n effort to be a top tier nation at this sport, while trying to find our way, we've lost our way. Meaning we strive to be better but in this push, this endeavor, our American coaches perhaps have forgotten what even got us Americans to be even remotely respected as a footballing nation years ago. A simple diamond 4-4-2 set up with no nonsense centerbacks, touch and release middies, with brave forwards who sho to the ball from up top, asking questions from any defender they clashed with. How bad does our team nowadays desperately need a McBride, a Pope and a JOB. Our players can play, have the individual talent. But this generation, these 1990's guys, they continue to struggle to link up as a team. As well lack that most common of American sporting traditions, grit.
    On to this tilt with the Vinotintos. C'MON BOYS!

TOAzer, PacmanJr_00 and DHC1 repped this.
  2. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    ???

I don't believe any of those three would physically struggle in midfield.

3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Maybe Pulisic, but he's a winger, not a central midfield anchor. He's supposed to be protected by someone else.

4. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are going to need 3 weeks after the Venezuela game.

TOAzer, DHC1 and Lloyd Heilbrunn repped this.
  5. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha!
    Good one. Needed that.
    I think I'm gonna just join the Peace Corps and forget it all Ceezmad.

TOAzer repped this.