Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Oct 11, 2018.
Good defending by KMJ
with this crowd and this result, it feels like a KNT revival
Wow impressive result!
fifa ranking up!
We are steamrolling
Can't believe we just beaten Uruguay for the first time in Korean Football history, after 6 matches and we've finally done it.
LSW not getting love from Bento
great assist by cavani. easiest goal ever scored against uruguay
Is Bento happy?
Good result. We need a Ki replacement. Looks like we have max 2 years left to enjoy his class.
My apologies, it's after 7 matches not 6, that's 36 years we have never beaten them. Also, Bento becomes the first ever foreign manager and overall manager of the KNT to beat Uruguay as well. Now, it's still too early to speak of, but could De Niro be the right man for the job? because at the moment it's going into that direction.
uruguan NT are quite tall
In a post-match interview, Godin praised #5 and #20 (JWY and JHS)
So JHS finally had a good game?
95% good match. 5% lapses - two blatant lapses. One of them, the linesman saved his skin as he called Cavani offsides. JHS completely switched off and Cavani pounced on a FK to ghost right past JHS.
- Uruguay came off much stronger in the second half, but aside from Kim Young-gwon's mistake that lead to the equalizer(Can't really blame him for it), they were more contained than threatening, especially on set-pieces. Yes, they had moments that shook our defense, but I think we held up pretty well.
- Whether Suk starts or comes off as a super sub, I don't care, he needs to get selected from here on out. Suk literally did more and provided more for the team with his header than Kim Shin-wook did for 70 minutes against Sweden.
- Pressing, fast passing plays and passing tempo(Especially one touch passes), buildup plays, fast counter-attacking tempo is continuing to improve.
- Defensive issues weren't necessarily terrible, although it's something that Bento and company must look at, especially since we were still a foot too slow at reading the ball and movement by Uruguay.
- Give credit to where its due, we beat Uruguay after 36 years for the first time in Korean Football history, and for Bento's third match in charge, is by in no means an easy task, let alone winning Tabarez on managerial tactics. Don't even bring up the "oh but Suarez wasn't playing" excuse, because Uruguay basically fielded their WC team minus Suarez, Sanchez, Gimenez, and it's still a fcuking strong side.
The one thing that must change is CHW needs to start ahead of KSG. That being said, they're both not great at kicking the ball.
Interesting fact, Bento actually played under Tabarez at Oviedo back in the late 90s.
Hwang Eui-jo goal(1-0):
Suk's beautiful header >Jung Woo-young goal(2-1):
Kim Young-gwon not at fault for Vecino's goal.
Kudos to all the female fans at the stadium today. K-League should focus on bringing those fans in.
Better than trying to convince stubborn male eurosnob/Korea FC fans who are usually the ones complaining about the K-League attendance problem on Naver/Daum while refusing to attend K-League matches themselves ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.