[International Friendly] Korea vs Spain 2016/06/01 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jun 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    He was included because Koreans lacked players with tournament experience. If I remember correctly, Kim Nam Il had also become important right before WC. It's something you can't underestimate. IMO the main reason behind the bad performance 2014 was the lack of experience. Even for key members like KJC it was the first WC. I'd honestly want someone like AJH to guide young players in 2018. Maybe as a coach? He'd have the abilities.

2. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    I'm not talking about 2014. I'm talking about 2010. I really don't see the point of wasting an important spot on a player who doesn't have what it takes to play any part of any match, merely for experience. The guidance that you talk about can be provided without wasting a place that could have been given to other players.

3. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    It was HJM anyways. The king of 인맥축구.

4. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kim Nam Il (as well as Why-Pee-Lee) said that an experienced veteran's presence is a very valuable asset for a world cup squad. During the days between games, these players give good advice, light up the locker room, and tell good bed time stories. Keeps the young'ens' nerves calm.

Remember Drogba's effect on Ivory Coast 2014? Though he did make an impact as a substitute player (esp. vs Japan), I think a large part of his inclusion was due to his contribution as the "big bro" of the team, the psychiatrist.

aeh1991 repped this.
  5. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    All those benefits can be gained while inviting him to be a coach, either in a formal or informal capacity. You don't have to waste a spot that belongs to a player who actually has the required fitness to play. If you read the news stories during that World Cup, it was said that Ahn could not even manage the practice sessions and was unfit to play at all, as his fitness was too poor.

hanul21 and Chingoo repped this.
  6. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Italy that won the world cup in 2006 had Peruzzi in the squad, you can wonder why he was called up.

I think that for every national team, there is a slot for the most experienced player wich goes to one player, who will have a big role outside the field. If you don't have GK,then call up somebody else

7. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    fair enough

8. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member