[International Friendly] Korea vs Serbia 2017/11/14 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Nov 13, 2017.

1. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    FIFA 18 patch in full effect

2. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    1. Cutting out the China and Middle-east fodder.
    2. Changing of tactics to fast attacks and counters instead of possession ball and 1v1 pressing. To STY's credit, it's what he's known for.
    3. Players' motivation and mental state. How would you feel knowing the KFA are lying and rejected chance to have Hiddink on board while constantly backbiting Euro based players while always putting Lee Dong Guk and 'inside' players in KNT? Now that Hiddink is not in the picture, players are stepping up.
    4. Jesus loves Korea.

chook90, Sons of Thunder and aeh1991 repped this.
  3. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005

Points out a lot of the defensive errors and annotations are hilarious

4. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I don't think you can put J-League to the same level as CSL. But it's not superior to K-League as many claim. K-League players are underrated and the last games showed that.

5. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Serbian goal scorer looks like Theon Greyjoy.

Colombia beat China 4-0 btw. Classy Colombian third world video editing here.

6. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's because he's 32 and never played outside of East Asia, hence why he's not a sexy pic to many.

But the man constantly puts good performances for us. If he keeps this up, he absolutely deserves a ticket to Russia and even our Starting Eleven.

chook90, Seol Korea, DHMGKorea and 2 others repped this.
  7. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's a different league between K-League and J-League. K-League have had more success in the Asian competition but J-League matches can be more technical at times (tho i haven't seen any J-League matches last few years). And J-League have their sh*t together in terms of having a productive and fun domestic league, which K-league can't do.

8. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Never seen SHM play this well for Knt lol. Hopefully he can keep this up.

msc43, LeeSeungWoo, chook90 and 5 others repped this.
  9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I think both leagues have their pros and cons. But Stielike constantly ignored K-League players and that was the problem. But to the J-league's defense, Stielike ignored it too. Anyway J/K>ME/CSL imo

Seol Korea, DHMGKorea and toohyper repped this.
  10. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So, according to your deluded mind, their league groomed them to play exceptionally at 2002 WC? ROFL!

Without Hiddink, I don't think our team would even make it out of group stages.

11. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No. According to your deluded mind, you are constantly telling us that these players are moving to Japan and ruining their careers. I just showed you an example that it doesn't have to ruin a career.

Focus on getting your driver's license kid and your hs grades instead of saying the same xenophobic things over and over.

msc43, Seol Korea, DHMGKorea and 2 others repped this.
  12. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    PJS and co. succeeded in their respective careers because Hiddink played a vital part in it, you dumbfcuk. Where are you getting the idea that playing in that garbage league elevated their careers? LOL

13. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    And where are you getting the idea that I said playing in the Japanese league "elevated" their careers? Go back and show me. Idiot kid can't read.

Shinović repped this.
  14. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    There is a thin line between our offense and defense because the former, most are playing in Europe where speed and counterattack football is normal and latter, where they couldn't make a SINGLE pass to the offense. This is the difference in quality.

15. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Or you know, the offensive players that we have went to Europe in first place because they had the talent and ability, whereas the defenders are moving around all over Asia because they never had the ability to. You got your logic backwards there, kid.

DHMGKorea, Shinović and aeh1991 repped this.
  16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I only watched the highlight. I thought we played well. We seem like the better team.

1. SHM played well compared to what he usually shows. Could have gotten few more goals if it wasn't for the GK. He dribbled well and he gave a lot of trouble to the Serbian Defence. He created few shooting opportunities for himself.
    2. I didn't think the defending was that bad minus the passing. It got better as time passed I feel. Serbia didn't really pose a lot of threat other then when they scored.
    3. Ki is an important player, he makes thing happen.
    4. Kwon is a good sidekick type of player, he's a good offensive player to have. Not Son or Ki status but need to start for all our games.
    5. Even though this was a good showing compared to the previous 2 qualifiers and Russia and Morocco games, we need to take things with a grain of salt. In the last cycle around the same time we managed to beat Switzerland. We tend to play really well in Korea. But our offensive seems promising compared to having 0 shots on goal games.
    6. Some of us think we found the right players etc like the GK, full-backs, Go Yohan, Kwon Kyungwon and even Lee Keunho. But we can't just judge them by one or two games. I'm still sceptical about them.
    7. Even though Son Heungmin is a good player, I feel like he's our only offensive threat. Mind you he's also very inconsistent and I feel like if he's in his bad game then we'll have a very hard game. I think we need to add another offensive player that can be a goal threat as well.
    8. Next month we're going to be playing in the East Asian tournament. Hopefully Kim Minjae is fully recovered and we try out Han Chanhee and few other players. It's time to experiment of Asian based players. January we might also try out of Asian based players again. I think the best time to judge our team will be March during the international break. Hopefully we play in Europe and add some European based players like Suk Hyunjun, Ji Dongwon, Lee Seungwoo, Paik Seungho and Han Chanhee. Then it'll be the two games before the WC and that'll probably decide how well we'll play.

chook90 repped this.
  17. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #92 aeh1991, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    I mostly agree on your points. Though i thought you forgot to mention how good Lee Jae Sung was in the two games. He impressed me as much as Kwon Chang Hoon, but both have very different strengths.

Also, I disagree on the "good defending" against Serbia. Maybe it wasn't clear from the highlights, but Jang Hyun Soo and Kim Young Gwon were disastrous again. One (KYG) with a lot of horrible positioning errors (which also led to the first goal) and the other (JHS) with several header clearings right towards the opponent and also stupid pass mistakes (plus one home run shot in every game). If it was a serious game against a stronger opponent (not Serbia's B team), we would've conceded 3+ goals today. The CB pair against Colombia was way more balanced. Even JHS played better then.
    I mean, those two have gotten soooo many chances! I think it's enough. And 99% of all Korean fans think like that. Unfortunately, STY seems to wanna stick with them :/

Edit: I also agree to not too hype up the players that have played well. HOWEVER, I think they deserve to get tested more often (Cho Hyun Woo, Kwon Kyung Won, Choi Chul Soon, Ko Yo Han, Lee Keun Ho), while others who have failed to impress need to make ways for others (Jung Woo Young, Kim Young Gwon, Lee Jung Hyub).
    It's a really painful choice, but I'd keep Jang Hyun Soo over Kim Young Gwon as a backup member because he fits STY's style more and is versatile (for emergency cases in DM/RB). I think one of them needs to leave tho.

nmssis repped this.
  18. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht

msc43, toohyper, chook90 and 4 others repped this.
  19. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    #94 LeeSeungWoo, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    JHS was fking shit, as usual, today.
    So many critical mistakes that could've led to goals.

Why the fk is Kim Ho Gon still around btw? He was watching the game along with other KFA ppl. Hopefully that doesnt mean he got a job at KFA again....

I am wondering how HHC will fit into this 4-4-2 formation. Will he be as effective as LKH?

Hodori repped this.
  20. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  21. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I think HHC will fit well. He's very used to that formation because it's been Salzburg's main formation for years.

LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  22. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    I honestly enjoyed seeing KJC take a blatant dive to win the penalty. Grande was right to say that the team's been playing too soft. It was good to see some aggression and gamesmanship from our side for once.

23. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    JHS was indeed garbage. His play improved somewhat as the match went along. But his fundamental problem is that he isn't a smart player. He doesn't understand positioning. He plays like a headless chicken chasing after the opposition, which means he cannot command his zonal space. Moreover, he's a disaster when it comes to playing the off-sides trap. It's not like he's 35+ years old and his body won't react quickly enough. His brain won't react quickly, which means he's playing the opposing attackers onside. On top of that, he cannot clear the ball. And he thinks he can pass, but half the time he gives the ball away in the worst possible way. At this point of his career (after it flat-lined since he left the J-League), he should not be considered for another cap. His fundamentals have eroded to the point that he's a net negative.

As for KYK... What a stupid boy. Just utterly stupid. On top of that, he's not lazy/unfit. That goal we conceded to Serbia was entirely his fault. He gets turned around because he's weak and his positioning was off. Then he lazily and halfheartedly tried to recover but lost out on the footrace. That dragged everyone else out of position leading to a collapse of our defensive shape. Serbia finds the man advantage and scores. That wasn't a lack of talent. It was a LACK of fundamentals and willpower. Another hopelessly lost cause. I can almost tolerate JHS playing, but not KYK.

LeeSeungWoo and aeh1991 repped this.
  24. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht

jessypjs repped this.