Post-match: [International Friendly] Korea vs Georgia 09/04/2019

Discussion in 'Korea' started by jessypjs, Sep 4, 2019.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Sloppy passes from the back/ and in the midfield; leading to dangerous opportunities for Georgia, over and over again.

Attack was lack of ideas and creativity. Little to no off the ball movement, looks like players just standing around waiting for the ball; Basically like Tottenham but a much poorer version lol.

The sideway passes and backpasses were very reminiscent of Tottenham as well. Atleast Tottenham's midfield doesn't lose the ball up in their own half, leading to dangerous positions, so frequently like KNT.

nmssis and seolseol repped this.
  2. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    Lee Jeong Hyeop and Na Sang Ho are two players I don't want to see play for the KNT. Korea were playing with 10 players in the first half because LJH was invisible.

seolseol repped this.
  3. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

only saw 1/3 of the first half...but that good, eh?

more interested in the kids, LKI and PSH...how about them?

4. irobb

irobb New Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think the issue was the lineup. Our center backs are not good with their feet and the gap between defence and attack was too wide. We need a box to box midfielder to complement PSH's distribution and Kangin bringing the ball up. The box asto box midfielder should also apply defensive pressure to the opposing team ( I wish Arturo Vidal was Korean). KCH should just have a more offensive role. Korea's only real wing backs were 영펴형님 and 송정국 so 3 back is useless. Play 4 even if our sidebacks are not great we can have a less exposed defensive line.

jessypjs repped this.
  5. taelee1127

taelee1127 Member

South Korea
    Aug 27, 2018
    Italy
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't want to see no similar experiments for the actual world cup qualifiers. I pray.

jessypjs repped this.
  6. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    why? it is early in the WCQ cycle. i hope Bento experiments a bit more & test out more youngsters. better to learn of players ability & what they can + cannot do under his system before the final rd of WCQs.

7. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    if there ever was a time to do it is like this match...wished it could have been better but it is what it is

8. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    we barely have 2 serviceable CBs so using a 3-back system will always be difficult. the 3-back system is trendy right now but i think it'll be too tough to incorporate with our squad depth.

i wish we would just stick with a 433 with variations based on opponent/game situation. a decade later and we're still desperate for a CDM. i don't think PSH is the answer there and the best we can do in that position is JWY, unfortunately.

jessypjs repped this.
  9. irobb

irobb New Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I beg to differ. His clean distribution of the ball is ideal for the otherwise sloppy everything else. Give him some support and things will change. Tidy backline means more freedom upfront for r Sonny who wouldn't have to fall back to receive.

10. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Agree it was awful to watch but it was just a friendly : Bento tested a new (and weird) tactic and the whole team took this match lightly I think (not to mention that most of the players have just started the new season in Europe and they didn't have enough time to prepare this tactic).It was probably the worst match under Bento's era but I don't think we will play like that against Turkmenistan. If we do, we will have reasons to worry about the qualification campaign, though.

seolseol repped this.
  11. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
    Idiotic formation didn't help. Bento needs to stick with something more standard like 4-3-3. This team still has a lot of defensive problems.

12. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think JWY has better long ball distribution and PSH would be better utilized higher up the pitch with a high energy midfield partner like LJS.

We have a a glut of technical MFs that offer little defensively (PSH, LJS, KCH, LKI, HIB, KJM, KBK, NTH) and only a handful of possibilities at CDM.

Converting the aforementioned players to CDM for NT is not gonna work and although the handful of options are inferior footballers, I think caps should be given to them since they're naturally deeper midfielders. Guys like JWY, JSJ, KMW

13. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    Can’t Kim Hyun Woo from Dinamo play CDM? Moments where he played the position during the u20 World Cup.

Testator repped this.
  14. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    SHM's interview after the match

HojuSaram repped this.
  15. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia