[International Friendly] Korea vs Colombia 2017/11/10 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Really not sure how racism in Korea is relevant at all to the issue at hand...

The majority of discussion here is pertinent to the misconduct during the match itself and the negligence displayed by many Colombians, including your manager. It is in no way about the levels of racism observable in either Colombia or Korea. Or at least it shouldn't be.

Was Cardona's behaviour racially charged? Most likely so.
    Did the Colombian manager reprimand the behaviour? No.
    Did the Colombian media reprimand the behaviour? Not really.
    What about the larger Colombian population? There are many Colombians laughing off the issue on social media, as I've observed.
    So, do Koreans have the right to be mad about this instance? Yes.
    Are the Colombians showing blatant ignorance during the debacle criticisable? Definitely so.
    Should Cardona be punished by a match ban? Probably.

When you actually try to attend to the crux of the issue, it all becomes very clear who's at fault. Also, the fact that racism happens in Korea in no way negates what Cardona did.

Why don't you guys just take this experience as a lesson and make sure it doesn't happen again on the world stage? If a Korean player does something similar to Cardona, I hope he receives the appropriate disciplinary action. It's embarrassing to display such ignorance during a globally televised friendly footy match.

inten repped this.
  2. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    말길을 못 알아들어. ㅅㅂ 개내들이 당했으면 몰라... 아마 더 지랄했을걸 ㅋㅋㅋ

3. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah I watched this one too and many other of this channel, nice analysis ;)

4. ColombianKilla

Aug 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If you guys are so advanced, why is the same race nation to the north of you one of the biggest shitholes in the world? Why for a super advanced nation there are so many Koreans in the US?

Cardona is a shithead, but from what I've seen Koreans have responded with even more racism.

5. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    What's the point of arguing over whose country is more racist than the other?

I'm sure Cardona doesn't represent most Colombians. Or perhaps he does since all of us hold prejudices that at times is exposed under various circumstances.

What's different here is that you really can't defend Cardona's actions based on ignorance. Nor can you do so with the baseball player from another country.

Before when entire national basketball teams took team photos or a player celebrates his goal with the gesture, the argument we heard was that the gesture is non-malicious banter based on ignorance. Whatever. Asians voiced their displeasure, and the message was surely delivered at some level to many.

With Cardona, in the heat of the moment, he lashes out with maliciously with a racist gesture he knew was wrong. That's why his non-apology apology bothers me. He knew what he was doing was wrong. He can't feign ignorance. Why can't he issue a proper apology? And why did the Colombian FA allow him (or draft for him) such a half hearted apology? It's as if he and your FA is sorry they got caught but not sorry for the act itself.

And that's probably a leading cause in triggering the ugly responses from everywhere over this incident.

Peckermann and the Colombia FA and the player should offer a sincere apology. And FIFA should uphold their 'no racism' on the pitch creed. None of us are perfect. But on the pitch, that should never be tolerated. And as a guest representative acting wrongfully like that, the official response from Colombia should have been different as well in my view.

doraemon, nmssis and 12th Player repped this.
  6. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    And ffs, it's Colombia and not Columbia like the school.

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Your generalizations are racist

8. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Get some sense of reality. The pretentious comical macho I referred to is you not Ki. There is some annoying tendency that requires higher moral standards from Asian men. Even if we react to injustice exactly the same way as Blacks or Latinos do we get criticized as if we are some kind of global underclass who have no right to live on this earth. If I point it out I am singled out as a hater and an agitator by pretentious social justice warriors like you. Go to hell.

Koreans should abandon all civility. Latinos know Asians never retaliate and that is why they are so bold in their aggression toward Asians. They don't dare to do that to Blacks or any other ethnicity.

By abandoning all civility I mean hate, total hate. Our enemies are to dragged and traduced. They are to be ridiculed and humiliated for the purpose of denying their humanity with the total destruction of their self-worth. Latin culture's transgression has gone beyond the point where they can be reformed to respect other people.

9. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Thank you. You deserve it.

10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    @dark knight One of the mos racist guy. persists with flaming.

11. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Racism is not okay. It has no place in football. If FIFA wants to send a message and get racism out of the game, keep Cardona out of the World Cup. In any other profession, any signs of racism would lead to an immediate dismissal. Given Cardona's not-so-sincere apology and the Colombian FA's apparent lack of awareness, FIFA needs to take the reins on their "Say No to Racism" policy.

Professional football players representing their nation have a higher behavioral standard than society, particularly on the pitch. Cardona's actions are definitely not reflective of Colombia as a whole. Cardona will learn if he's suspended from competing in the World Cup come next year. That's a fair and appropriate punishment.

Korvinus and killaorca repped this.
  12. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Do you have any highlights of that match? I have not seen it yet! :whistling: Back then I only followed major competitions like Asian Championship 2004 and WC 2006 matches. I just know the result. Anyway, it is good to see another strong Asian team. Hopefully, Korea keeps this up by playing like this consistently. To be frank this match highlights was the best Korean performance I have seen since 2012.

13. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    And what is up with these people and calling every asian people they see "chinos". How black-hearted and soulless do you have to be as a culture. Instead of "Hey there is Jose, my friend." In their head, this is what's floating around in their head. "Hey, it's THE SP1C". or "hey it's THE JEW". And they go around saying this to people they never met. complete lack of self awareness, they dont care. its their "culture".

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In colombia we called “chinos“ everyone..........it is the same that !hey guy! ......is refer to young people usually.

The expression is popular a lot in center of the country.

Visit a Country, travel and then talk about culture....Learn be a citizen of the world not just a facist

You are critizcing a country.'

So according to your theory we can say this is “corean culture!:

upload_2017-11-11_10-49-16.png

upload_2017-11-11_10-49-27.png

upload_2017-11-11_10-49-38.png

upload_2017-11-11_10-49-49.png

15. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    http://www.eltiempo.com/archivo/documento/CMS-13086958

Un pedazo de la cultura de Corea del Sur, en el norte de Bogotá

Cada domingo se reúnen. Oran, cantan y comparten comida.

https://noticias.caracoltv.com/mede...-conquista-el-corazon-de-millones-de-coreanos

Juan Esteban Tabares vive en Corea del Sur, a donde llegó en 2012. Con su humor, muestra cómo se vive en ese país.

Lo hace por medio de su canal de Youtube Te quiero Corea, que suma más de 190 mil suscriptores.

En este, Juan Esteban les enseña a los latinos cómo se vive en ese lugar y a los coreanos cómo es la vida de los latinos, lo que lo ha llevado a ser popular en las redes sociales y un referente obligatorio para quienes quieren conocer el país asiático.

17. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    Right, and when you do the squinty eye gesture, it's being affectionate and "rascal". gotcha.

18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Watch what Corean have actually have been in colombia and know jhow is the culture here have to told you friend:

You dont know nothing about colombia. You are only beign aggresive because a player.

Whatch the video is in corean

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I have never did that in my life.

It was a footballer........recognized by his bad behaviour.

You are insulting a whole country , because of that.

watch this a corean thath have been colombia have something to tell you:

20. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    This!! :thumbsup:

21. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    It is inevitable that somewhere down the line there will be a Korean female social justice warrior with a Colombian boyfriend who chastises Korean men to repent for not having respect for South American men in the first place and claims that all the racism is fully deserved. And the entire Megalian Korea and a lot of men as well will agree with her. It is always Korean men's fault according to them.

Korvinus repped this.
  22. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    go away, what do want to accomplish by posting here??? What ever the reply that you are looking for, tell me and I'll do it as a token gesture so that you can go away believing what you will

23. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    My sentiments exactly. Its getting annoying.

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Man Im a big soccer member , i have right to post here whenever i want.

Im not breaking the rule (as your friends are doing with your racist and facism comments)

Im not going away, im sorry.

Im reading this forum before.

Best regards.

Lear something about colombian culture instead of make abussive comments:

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Great match.

I ve always have had good impresson of Corea NT.

Seol Korea and jessypjs repped this.