[International Friendly] Korea vs Bolivia 2019/03/22

Discussion in 'Korea' started by jessypjs, Mar 22, 2019.

1. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    HIB probably cant sleep at night knowing LKI is coming for his spot

chook90 and Gaemamusa repped this.
  2. Gaemamusa

Gaemamusa Red Card

Jan 7, 2019
    jessypjs repped this.
  3. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    It's not a direct swap.

4. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I thought HIB was effective today. But asking Ji to play wide was a complete mistake. I also thought KMH played fine defensively but offered little threat going forward and linking up.

5. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Bento said about Kwon : "He had a great match and showed off excellent skills". "From practices and earlier matches, I knew him to be a capable player, and he lived up to my expectations".

6. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Why does KFA send this inaccurate lineup out? This is not how the five guys up front played.

7. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    it's a direct swap. while you can argue Lee KI is #10.. the way Korea lined up vs Bolivia, Lee KI would be one candidate to replace Hwang IB. another is Paik SH, Kim JM.. and even Lee JH.

i don't think he is irreplaceable CM when you consider Lee KI, Paik SH and even Kim JM is vying for that role. the issue.. when it comes to Hwang IB is when he is near the box. as you stated, he is much better as distributor from deeper position

8. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Didn't watch the game so can't really say but HIB has a lot to prove

9. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California

Attached Files:

seolseol and chook90 repped this.
  10. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    HIB is one of dem guys who always look for the safe pass. doesnt make risky passes so he doesnt look incompetent but does nothing to kick start goal scoring opportunities.

11. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    If Bento sheki was a good manager he would call up Suk to be the NTs Llorente starting up top with Son

chook90 and nmssis repped this.
  12. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    What the fck was this game?

13. yhr88

yhr88 Member

South Korea
    Jun 13, 2017
    #63 yhr88, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    I was going to let this slide but it's Friday and I'm just counting down the minutes to 4:00 so here it goes:

[​IMG]

Under pressure and has to put a little extra weight on the ball with the defender in front of Kwon about to cut off the lane. Nothing impressive but did create an opportunity.

[​IMG]

Receives the ball and has 2 options. Probably sees the inside defender wrong footed and threads the ball into space.

[​IMG]

Kwon receives the ball and while everyone else is standing around, HIB immediately checks towards and asks for the ball. Tidy one-two which Kwon touches a bit too heavily but still results in a VERY good scoring opportunity for us.

[​IMG]

This is the Kwon dribble in midfield that shows HIB's field awareness. He sees Kwon break through the middle, our 3 attackers occupying 3 lanes, so he peels off into space and is wide open when Kwon gets near the box. I'm confident it would have been a goal if Kwon could get his feet sorted and dish it out to HIB.

[​IMG]

Receives the ball from the right where the cluster is. He sees the inside run and threads the ball through 2 defenders but the 3rd catches it. Although it was intercepted, it still shows he has the awareness and vision to spot a run in the midst of defenders. Not an easy pass and kudos for the attempt as it would have definitely been a goal scoring opportunity.

[​IMG]

Pass in from the left wing. Look how he checks his shoulder to see where the defenders and forwards are.

[​IMG]

In that second he took to look over his shoulder, he sees the box is crowded and players are marked. He could have cut inside to take a shot but he sees Ji continue his run on the wing and passes into space. Ji cuts it back to Son who has a great chance that he squanders.

[​IMG]

Receives a bouncing headed pass and with his second touch, side foots the bouncing ball into the path of Ji who is smart to make a run into open space. I'll admit there was a little too much weight on the ball but still a very good, quickly taken pass.

[​IMG]

Receives the ball and shakes off one defender simply to create a little space for himself. Sees Kwon in the middle wide open so he passes in with his left foot for Kwon to take a wide open shot which he scuffs.

[​IMG]

Receives the ball in space. Controls with his left and immediately scoops the ball into the path of HUJ for a 1v1 with the keeper which he botches.

This is simply from the highlight reel and a majority of the chances stemmed from him. Keep in mind, this wasn't his best game either. I'm impressed with HIB because if you watch him closely, he consistently occupies open space and checks his shoulder when receiving the ball for player positioning. It's the easiest thing to do in theory but some of our players are more concerned with controlling the pass and then dribbling into open space rather than letting the ball do the work for them and moving the ball quickly. Whenever players did initiate runs, HIB spotted them almost immediately and is technically sound enough to get the ball out quickly before the opportunity disappears. We don't need more individual talent in the midfield, we need someone who won't lose the ball and will make smart decisions. Also, keep in mind he's 22 and has already been entrusted by his managers to help run the midfield.

In summary, ******** 정우영. 병신 새끼.

14. Krillin

Krillin Member

Manchester United
    South Korea
    Jan 22, 2019
    This game is literally proof that LSW is a waste piece of shit and should stay in Italy. Give youngins like WYJ and PSH a chance.

15. Krillin

Krillin Member

Manchester United
    South Korea
    Jan 22, 2019
    LSW is ********ing incapable of putting it to the back of the net. Can this kid just retire?

16. Goal!!

Goal!! Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #66 Goal!!, Mar 22, 2019
    I didn't see the match but wrote a summary from a 7 and a half minute highlight.
    1. JSJ kicks from far right over net.
    2. Corner kick from right is blocked, then a weak header
    3. JSJ misses shot from midrange
    4. SHM makes a run at right to the inside of box while heavily guarded, passes but no one is there. JDW and HIB are positioned too close on the right. I see #14 HC on the left taking a stroll. He could have ran parallel with the wingers/midfiled. Is it because he's a defender? Bento has a "why did you do that?" reaction.
    5. JDW misses a header right outside left corner of box
    6. KCH makes a run in center gets by 3 Bolivians but doesn't see #14 HC? raising his arm on his left. KCH passes one more defender before another Bolivian players kicks the ball away. Good run but he seems to lack experience.
    7.HIB receives a pass from JDW and passes it back to Ji who passes to SHM. SHM's shot is blocked by goalkeeper
    8. HC has a good run on the left, passes outside of left box corner to JDW but gets blocked and deflected to SHM. SHM's shot is also deflected off a defender.
    9. SHM steals the ball and makes a run on right, a Bolivian defender falls. SHM beats the goalkeeper but his shot was wide slightly to the right.
    10. KCH passes to #11 NSH who fumbles the ball trying to make a one touch shot. He completely fails. The ball dribbles and hits Bolivian's foot and floats away from keeper.
    11. NSH completely misses a header inside the box from a free kick.
    12. KCH shoots and misses left wide.
    13. SHM passes right outside the box to JDW. JDW passes to NSH but again runs over the ball. Luckily, HIB was there. HIB takes a shot but was blocked.
    HALF TIME

17. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    HIB - I thought he played well. He controlled tempo and connected the build-up well. There is value in simple, uncomplicated ball retention and build-up. He's not a 10 nor a regista though, but this doesn't detract from his value. It's just that I like PSH much much more in that role. Better in the physical and just as, if not more, technical with more end product. LKI is not a like for like for HIB.

yhr88 repped this.
  18. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    no space for both LKI and HIB in starting 11. LKI coming for his MLS regressing ass.

19. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    You know who wasn't missed?

Ki.

wetcrispy repped this.
  20. Goal!!

Goal!! Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #70 Goal!!, Mar 22, 2019
    2. SUBS LSW and HUJ comes in the game
    3. HIB passes to HUJ who makes a run inside the box. He takes a shot one vs one but goalkeeper blocks shot.
    4. SUB LCY for HIB comes in the game
    5. SHM misses shot wide right
    6. LSW takes free kick, Son runs to to the box, slides and misses shot at goal.
    7. LSW passes and runs to left inside of box, gets by 2 defenders and takes shot in middle which flies over net.
    8.SHM runs left side of box and passes but HUJ misses the pass running inside the box.
    9. #14 HC kicks high pass from left to right where LCY runs in and heads in the eventual winner! HC with the assist!

21. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    didn't read, but repped for effort.

22. jk1802

jk1802 Member

Jan 22, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    dude, LOVE the avatar.

jessypjs repped this.
  23. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Damn that was a quality post. I noticed some of these passes (namely the one that got cut off by the 3rd defender) and was happy to see someone with the vision and balls to at least try them instead of backpassing. HIB was solid and KCH was a joy to watch in the red shirt again.

I feel like HC and KMH deserve some credit too. Maybe because it's only Bolivia but I can't remember the last time we got solid play out of both fullbacks. As for Son...wtf is going on with him lol.

24. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I have to say that Bolivia was shockingly bad. Colombia won't be, Queiroz or no Queiroz.

25. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

Are you done talking nonsense?

chook90 and jessypjs repped this.