International friendlies 2021 ✈

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by sbahnhof, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    CSKA Moscow - Uzbekistan (live)

Not bad 1-0 at HT against Champions of Russia. This Uzbekistan team is looking better than Vietnam and Thailand. They should be strong contender to qualify for AFC Cup 2022 (expanded to 12 teams)

2. desinho

desinho Member

Liverpool FC
    Spain
    Aug 7, 2007
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #27 desinho, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021

Kop in goal = trouble [emoji28]

3rd minute and Popp missed a sitter already... On the other end a minute later Roord strike off the crossbar lands at the feet of Martens who then missed an even easier opportunity [emoji3166]

3. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Kop played quite well tonight, I thought, especially for someone who has had little experience in top-flight international matches like this one. She made some nice saves and held up well despite steady pressure from the Germans in the last 20 minutes. She had one bad giveaway on that errant pass to Van der Gragt, but then made a great save to prevent the tying goal. And her bad pass was largely the result of Wilms making a bad back-pass to her, which she had to chase down by the byline, by which time an opponent was closing down on her. Also, I think her goal kicks need improvement---they are too low and short--but she did well.

I thought the Dutch were quite strong in the first 65' of the match--scored a couple of goals and could have had a least one more. But as we saw against Japan in the WC and against France in a recent friendly, the team seems to run out of gas and then struggles to protect its lead. Germany pushed forward trying for the equalizer, and the Dutch spent a lot of last 20 minutes on the back foot and were a bit lucky not to have given up the tying goal. It was, on the whole, a solid performance against a strong opponent--and I was pleased that the team's young starters, Nouen, Wilms and Kop, all got tested and all held up fairly well. There were some mistakes by all of them, but encouraging play. I think Nouen and Wilms will be good players for the NT. Wilms needs to get a bit stronger, but she did a lot of good things tonight, as did Nouen.

4. desinho

desinho Member

Liverpool FC
    Spain
    Aug 7, 2007
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes she wasn't tested though the air at all, they pretty much played into her strong points. And she was a little more focussed than normal (perhaps because there simply wasn't much opportunity to switch off VS a strong opponent like today[emoji1])

5. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    I've seen her play and train live a few times and have always been impressed for her age. Soft in the air compared to men is the signature of 99.99% of all female keepers.

6. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Games from the past week:

[​IMG] [​IMG] A pair of matches in Quito had differing outcomes

Ecuador 3 - 0 Bolivia - (Giannina Lattanzio 3', Emily Arias 62', 87')
    - Goal clips: Unitel.bo / Match report: FEF

A recovery by the Guerreras de la Verde gave Bolivia a draw in game 2. Their goals, which put them 2-1 up, can be seen in this clip with the Bolivian coach Zdenska Bacarreza. Only the home goals are in the Ecuadorian video.
    (Bolivia ended this tour with a 2-1 win over Quito FC.)

Ecuador 2 - 2 Bolivia - (Marthina Aguirre 31', Kelly Real 72'p / Yoselín Portales 44', Ana Paula Rojas 52')

[​IMG] [​IMG] At the national high-performance centre, Mexico couldn't beat Costa Rica a second time with a rearranged side. The game of 23 February ended goalless:

[​IMG] India's last 2 games in Turkey tossed up some very interesting results, with a huge loss vs Russia (8-0), then a close loss to Ukraine when India led 2-0 but lost 3-2:
    - "FULL MATCH -- India lose to a late-surging Ukraine in women's international friendly" - (TheFanGarage)

Ukraine's coach Natalia Zinchenko was right to treat Serbia as a team on their level - they played to a 1-1 draw.

[​IMG] [​IMG] Then, the Serbs recorded this win, the team's best result in years:

Serbia 2 - 0 Russia - (Poljak 24', Stankovic 90+2')
    - Match report: Football Association of Serbia
    "I wouldn’t talk about individual performance, the entire team was up to the task. I am convinced that we can expect many more good results from this selection in the future." (coach Predrag Grozdanović)

Their second match on 23 Feb:

France 2 - 0 Switzerland - (Wendie Renard 77', 90+1'p)

A triple celebration for Ellen White, in a game that marked the 150th England cap for Jill Scott:

England 6 - 0 Northern Ireland - (White 18', 23', 49', Bronze 29', Daly 67', Toone 75')

blissett and Lohmann repped this.
  7. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005

59Amerinorsk and West Ender repped this.
  8. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    59Amerinorsk and sbahnhof repped this.
  9. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    59Amerinorsk, toad455 and sbahnhof repped this.
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I suppose this is mostly for frendly matches between NTs that don't otherwise have a dedicated thread here on BigSoccer? :cautious:

Because there are quite a bunch of freindlies in this international break. One of them is Italy-Iceland and I posted about it on the Italy thread and on the Iceland thread.

West Ender and 59Amerinorsk repped this.
  11. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Uh, this is for international friendlies, there's no restriction... (apart from, "we've already said everything we can about Italy-Iceland, there's nothing new left to say".)

These are scheduled from Monday to Friday according to soccerway, GMT times:

Monday 05/04/2021 – 11:00 Uzbekistan - India
    Wednesday 07/04/2021 – * Namibia - Angola (Namibia's first international since 2019)
    Wednesday 07/04/2021 – 09:00 Armenia - Lebanon, 12:00 Lithuania - Jordan
    Thursday 08/04/2021 – 07:30 Japan - Paraguay, 11:00 India - Belarus, 16:00 Belgium - Norway, 17:30 Ireland - Denmark
    Friday 09/04/2021 – 14:00 Bosnia-Herz. - Albania, 17:00 Wales - Canada, 17:00 Spain - Netherlands, 18:00 Hungary - Poland, 19:10 France - England, 22:00 Ecuador - Colombia​

More matches follow on the weekend – this international break runs until Tuesday 13 April (also including Olympic playoffs and Uefa Women's Euro playoffs).

12. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
  13. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #38 Lechus7, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    Uzbekistan vs. India

This young Uzbek team is one to keep an eye on. If they keep development at their current pace I can see them easily qualify to AFC 2 team play-off for WWC 2023.
    With a favorable draw plus possible N. Korea withdrawal they even could try to finish within a direct spot in top 5.

59Amerinorsk and West Ender repped this.
  14. West Ender

West Ender Member

Dec 28, 2020
    Southwest
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uzbekistan just scored off a free kick from 30 yards out. It was around the ~85', but not sure; the production video is showing a score graphic but no time. :confused: :thumbsdown: The keeper for India should've had it, but there was some power to it. There were no replays or close up shots, so who knows.

FT 1-0 UZB

15. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #40 Lechus7, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    Uzbek team should had this game won by three or four goals. They dominated possesion, hit woodwork more than once but it was mainly their inaccurate last pass that allowed India to came form this match with respectable 0-1 loss.

59Amerinorsk repped this.
  16. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Marozsan will not play in upcomming German friendlies

Lohmann repped this.
  17. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    A few friendlies today:

Japan 7 - 0 Paraguay
    Minami 6, Iwabuchi 26, 63, Riso 36(og), Sugasawa 52, Momiki 90+2, Tanaka 90+3

Belgium 0 - 2 Norway
    Reiten 42, Utland 73

Rep. of Ireland 0 - 1 Denmark
    Sørensen 9

18. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #43 Lechus7, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    let's expand it a bit ;)

5th April

Uzbekistan 1 - 0 India
    Shoiymova 87

7th April

Lithuania 1 - 0 Jordan
    Lazdauskaite 65

Namibia 4 - 0 Angola
    Adams 11, Coleman 37 57, Hikuam 67

8th April

Japan 7 - 0 Paraguay
    Minami 6, Iwabuchi 26, 63, Riso 36(og), Sugasawa 52, Momiki 90+2, Tanaka 90+3

Belgium 0 - 2 Norway
    Reiten 42, Utland 73

Rep. of Ireland 0 - 1 Denmark
    Sørensen 9

Argentina 0 - 0 Venezuela

Belarus 2 - 1 India

Suppo 66, Pilipenko 77 - Basfore 90+5

Armenia 2 - 0 Lebanon
    Haddad 7(og), Artin 45

N. Macedonia 1 - 3 Kosovo
    Maksuti 60 - Halilaj 39, Musaj 55, Kastrati 85

El Salvador 0 - 2 Nicaragua
    Aguilar 43, Silva 85

jnielsen, JanBalk, Lohmann and 4 others repped this.
  19. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  20. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #45 Lechus7, Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    20' ESP 0 - 0 NED why, oh why that didn't go in... :geek:
    31' ESP 1 - 0 NED Patri scores. It was bound to happen as Netherlands are badly outplayed in last 15 mins.
    HT ESP 1 - 0 NED ... Dutch are very lucky losing by only one goal... they don't play anywhere close to a top 10 ranked team, forget the top 4.

blissett repped this.
  21. thedexeter

thedexeter Member

Washington Spirit
    United States
    Jul 6, 2015
    Spain controlling the lions share of the possession this game doesn't shock me. What does shock me is the Netherlands aren't able to get out of their own half and when they do they have done absolutely nothing with it. Netherlands better wake up in the second half or they are going to get played off the park.

22. desinho

desinho Member

Liverpool FC
    Spain
    Aug 7, 2007
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is anything here really a surprise? This is exactly what I have been saying for years and has finally been exposed in full [emoji51]

23. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Wales 0 - Canada 3

24. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Spain 20 shots, Netherlands 1?

25. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    The issue from a Spaniard's perspective is not the amount of shots but quality shots. We only scored once. Unless they were quality shots and the Netherlands keeper played out of her skin. But I didn't watch, so could only surmise by what I've seen in the past from our team.

law10 repped this.