Internal SA flights

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by Nailsea Hammer, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Are you sure they aren't just NOT showing the flight because it is fully booked?? If the flight really is cancelled try flying to JHB then down to CT.

Good advice though - once found out 2 hours before take off that a flight to Paris was at 17h00 not 2350 as was printed on my ticket. Barely made it to the airport!!

2. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    My outbound flight from UK, which has a connection, was changed, and so arrived too late to make my connection. The kind airline, Virgin, said it was all just too bad, nothing they could do to help and legally they could make a change of up to five hours and it all be perfectly legal.
    This is more good advice. Check your schedules regularly!

3. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My flight from Ghana to Joburg (my last connection) was pushed back 36 hours. We complained enough and got all our flights rerouted.

4. lorence

lorence New Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Yes, I do understand that to find cheap flights and to find good hotels at low cost at the time when worl cup 2010 is about to begin from two months from now is a difficult job.But I founded a travel company website and a founded a great packages for flights and luxury hotels at very low prices if you want to know more the click the link below.

5. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well spotted by they look like packages that Thomas Cook have got left and cannot sell. I think this is what has frustrated people so much that normally prices increase as supply decreases but because they started so high we now have panic selling when most people have made other arrangements.

6. lazyasian

lazyasian New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Has anybody previously booked a flight with Computicket.com? I remember people talking about them here, but I'm a bit nervous to book with them since their prices are so much lower than everybody elses. Can somebody vouch for their legitimacy?

7. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I booked through Computicket and I had Mango confirm my reservation. Its all good. I Skyped Mango to get their official confirm, so I had to do that, but I'm booked.

8. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    100% legit - we do ALL our bookings through them

9. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Booked from abroad no problem.

10. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Hey, are you related to the famous Emsea Hammer?
    :p (it's a slow day at work)

11. Nailsea Hammer

Nailsea Hammer New Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Took me a while to get that one....but very good!

12. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Hey all - Kulula is having a sale again tomorrow in case you want last minute flights
    www.kulula.com starts 6 am 6May2010 CAT.

Noo, don't thank me. Ok - send cash.

13. soccerslut69

soccerslut69 Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Anybody have any thoughts on alternative ways to get from Cape Town to Durban the morning of Saturday, June 19th?

I've got tickets to Neth-Japan at 1:30pm on Saturday in Durban. The issue is that I'm going to Eng-Algeria the night before in Cape Town. Seems all flights on Mango, 1Time, Kalula that would get me there on time are "sold out".

Any chance the "sold out" flights are part of Match packages and we'll see the release of seats?

BA and SAA are also "sold out" on that route as well. There seems to be first class available on one of their flights leaving at 2:00 AM, but it's way out of my price (and time) range

14. matthewuk

matthewuk New Member

May 3, 2009
    only option I can see is SAA via JNB leaving CPT at about 02:40. £288 on eBookers.com

15. danielsilano

danielsilano Member

May 11, 2009
    Club:
    Argentinos Juniors
    Book a car or a bus.
    A bus at night is your best option. You can sleep in the bus in you don't have to pay a hotel night

16. jmc78

jmc78 New Member

Apr 23, 2010
    I've been mulling exactly the same problem for 3 months now. I ended up buying a BA ticket a few weks ago for a 02:30 flight for R757 just as a safety net, even though I'll be effectively giving up a nights paid for accomodation in Cape Town

However as you asked I just searched Kulula and they now have availabilty on the 09:45 flight for R1719, which will get you landed in time for the match. Not cheap enough to tempt me into buying another ticket yet though.

Now all I need is to get a flight from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town after the Eng v Slo game that allows me to get to Holland v Cameroon on time and also a hotel for Port Elizabeth June 21-24...

17. soccerslut69

soccerslut69 Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, there seems to be only ONE ticket left at that time, and I need 3.

I don' t even think driving all night or busing it will get me there on time. FIFA's trip calculator is telling me it's an 18 hour drive. No way to catch both games as such.

18. danielsilano

danielsilano Member

May 11, 2009
    Club:
    Argentinos Juniors
    I'm driving fro Jozy to Cape Town on the 29th June. It'll be awesome to go through the diverse SA's landscapes

19. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    don't forget to check www.kulula.com tomorrow = there might be cheap flights to CT

If you are still driving - are you sleeping over somewhere? I have connections in Colesberg (halfway) at a B & B.

20. danielsilano

danielsilano Member

May 11, 2009
    Club:
    Argentinos Juniors
    Well we've already booked the car for a month and probably form Cape town we're going to durban (we have tst7 for argentina) so we need the car.

Our idea was to leave jozy at 6 or 7 am and arrive there at night. Two people are going to drive.

In Argentina we made a roadtrip from Buenos Aires to Bariloche (check google maps) and we made it leaving at 7 am arriving to Bariloche at 9 pm

21. MyB5

MyB5 Member

May 21, 2006
    Scandinavia
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I just got this e-mail from kulula:

Take off Sale!
    Starting @ 6am on Thursday 6 May 2010

Jo'burg - Durbs from R299
    Cate Town - PE
    Durbs - PE

Jo'burg - Cape Town from R399
    Durbs - Cape Town

22. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    Had this today:

Dear MANGO Guest,
    Due to changes to MANGO's scheduled aircraft maintenance programme it has become necessary to reschedule flight JE143 operating from JNB to CPT on 13/06/2010 .Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the call center at 0861 162646, and they will be delighted to assist you. We apologize for any inconvenience thus caused, but this was necessary to ensure your safety, and we trust you will accept the change in that spirit.
    With kind regards,
    Mango Airlines

Anyone else had something similar?
    Should I be suspicious enough to think they might be consolidating planes?

23. djcuse

djcuse Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Did they change the time of your flight???

24. RossiPaolo

RossiPaolo New Member

May 3, 2010
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    FC Groningen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Mango is now offering more flights during the World Cup. For Example Durban -> Cape Town on 19 june at 18.40!

25. RicSanch

RicSanch Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I booked a flight from Johan to Cape Town, roundtrip, June 14th, for $390 for 2 people...

good or bad deal?