InterLiga[R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by El CHarro_NEgro...., Jan 4, 2004.

1. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Actually, I didn't have a problem with it. I was more concerned about my girlfriend, but she only got mad when they were talking about Paco because she considers him to be one of the sexiest football players in the world.

Seriously, as long as they weren't saying anything about her or touching her, we didn't have a problem. And all of the sections that fans weren't sitting in were roped off and security guards were blocking them.

2. Willington_Ortiz_86

Willington_Ortiz_86 New Member

Jan 5, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Re: Re: official attendance #s

as i heard america 'demanded' they play last. eighther way, it seems to be all about the buck...

3. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: Re: Re: official attendance #s

America didnt demand anything.

Fox Sports petitioned to SUM to change the game.

Atlante's dumbass execs think this tournament is set up to favor America... the way somethings have turned out... it seems that SUM wanted America to clasify 2nd so they they could play atleast one extra game. America has brought in more people in this tournament

4. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    22 minute goal by Carlos Morales

1-0 Atlas

5. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    39th minute Borgetti makes the penalty

1-1

6. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not only that but they just lost a player due to a red card

7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    True that. Another thing both goals have been scored by the player using the number 58. :)

8. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    From the angle that was shown, you really cant tell if Borgetti did fake the fall. I wish they would have shown a different angle.

The officiating has been inconsistant both ways.. so i guess that's a plus..

Rodriguez should have been red carded.. but if you want to get technical, that play should have even occured because Pony was fouled just seconds before..

OVERALL... a good game by Santos..

9. Willington_Ortiz_86

Jan 5, 2004
    Brooklyn
    yeah santos has played well...atlas hasnt played bad, except the last 20 minutes...

that red card was shiit. a second yellow for a hand? i hate that!

prediction: santos 3-2 atlas

anyone know what the overtime rules are? golden goal? silver goal? PKs?

10. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    the commentator said it goes to PKs if the game is tied at the end of regulation

11. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    GOLAZOOOO de Pony Ruiz 2-1

Atlas just scored on own goal 2-2

12. Willington_Ortiz_86

Jan 5, 2004
    Brooklyn
    jijueputa! que balazo del pony!

13. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    so the looser of santos vs atlas will play the will play the winner of america vs morelia...and that game is going to be held in MEXICO ,,i means games...cause i think 'they're going to have an ida and vuelta game..

14. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That is what I heard on the 21st and 28th of this month.

15. Willington_Ortiz_86

Jan 5, 2004
    Brooklyn
    hmmm... i have a love/hate thing for definiton by PKs... this ads to the supense tho!
    :)

16. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Santos win the pk's 4-3.

17. ThrashBoy

ThrashBoy New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Santos wins 4-3 PKs

Atlas misses their fourth and has their fifth saved after Santos had their third saved.

18. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    im glad Santos won. I didnt want Atlas in the Copa Libertadores. I just dont think they have the roster nor the experience to play the league championship and the Copa Libertadores. Although they were the Cinderella story throughout the interliga, you have to take them for what they are.

At least Santos has a good roster, experienced players, and playing in Torreon is tough. THier South American counterparts will have a rough time in that stadium.

I want America to win the CL first. I dont want the other teams to win it, but i want the other teams to represent well

19. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Atlas still has a shot.

20. ThrashBoy

ThrashBoy New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Exactly. A country wants its best clubs in the tournament. You don't want inferior teams representing your country.

Another good thing about Santos winning is that they have some identifiable players, unlike Atlas. That helps the team become more recognizable to fans who otherwise wouldn't know one team from another.

Having Atlas represent the Mexican League would be a disservice to the Interliga competition, the FMF, and the other 19 teams in the MFL.

21. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I know...

I just dont see them hanging on for too long. I also dont see Sergio Bueno doing a good job at the international scene. Sergio Bueno to me is a Mario Carrillo type coach. Atlas is not that teams from the late 90s and early 2000s. They had a younger squad than the one they have now, but those youngsters had a lot of international experience. Their club are going through different changes and are not investing as much as they were before.

I wouldnt be to worried about Santos, Morelia, or America handling both tornaments. Morelia and America have done it before and now have better players when they both participated in the 2002 edition

22. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    i feel the same.

I would have been comfortable with any of these teams participating: America, Morelia, Santos, Toluca, & Tigres. THe reason is because they have good players, experienced players, and execs that do invest and care whether thier teams win or not.

Although I see Santos going downhill in the next few years, that team that Grupo Modelo put together is still there. These new owners want to reduce salaries and god knows what else.... just doesnt sound right to me.. something smells fishy

23. Willington_Ortiz_86

Jan 5, 2004
    Brooklyn
    agreed. it sounds shiity, but atlas wouldnt have been a fair representation of mexican futbol. and take it from me, we south americans tend to to respect mexican futbol. i didnt like it til i moved to the US!

on another note, i liked the trophy plate thing santos got... a NICE touch... kudos SUM!

24. Willington_Ortiz_86

Jan 5, 2004
    Brooklyn
    i think morelia or america can beat atlas, tho...

with all due respect to the america fans here, i want morelia to win this and go on to beat atlas... mao molina, guys, c'mon! :)

25. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    2-0 For America at the half.