InterLiga[R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by El CHarro_NEgro...., Jan 4, 2004.

1. Tigres 0-2 Atlas.

The field sucked, so did the referee.

2. ThrashBoy

ThrashBoy New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Understatement of the year

3. ThrashBoy

ThrashBoy New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Toluca 1-0 Morelia

Also:
    Guadalajara 1-1 Santos in the fourth minute

2': Chivas - Bravo from Bautista
    4': Santos - Borgetti from Ruiz

4. 666_SLIDETACKLE_666

666_SLIDETACKLE_666 New Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Brooklyn
    yeah, the commentators on FS en espanol sucked too!

5. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Re: InterLiga[R]

indeed...but atleast they are showing the games.

6. ThrashBoy

ThrashBoy New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Re: Re: InterLiga[R]

a) The guy on the last two games is my favorite soccer announcer.
    b) Who do you want instead, Ricardo Mayorga?

Update: Chivas 1-1 Santos at halftime

7. 666_SLIDETACKLE_666

Sep 18, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Re: Re: Re: InterLiga[R]

agree; the guy doing the play by play now is prety good. funny you mention mayorga, i have a weird love/hate thing with him. i like him, but sometimes i want him shut the hell up...

update: chivas 1-2 santos :: 75 minute

8. Arturo

Arturo New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    Monterrey, Mexico
    Wondering....

I wonder what would the MLS have to say if their teams went to play in Mexico and we set them up with fields like that! (and refs like that too...)

Arturo

9. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Re: Wondering....

Those are our refs that we have to deal with each week, And we often have to play on fields in those conditions. I wonder what would the MLS have to say if their teams went to play in the US with refs and fields like that......

10. 666_SLIDETACKLE_666

Sep 18, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Re: Wondering....

MLS would probably say: "wow! shity stadiums and retarded refs? we feel at home!"

11. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    well I just finished watching about 8 hours of fsw and I feel tired!

In some moments America showed some of the pretty futbol Leo was supposed to bring.

12. Willington_Ortiz_86

Willington_Ortiz_86 New Member

Jan 5, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Scores...

so, after day 1, here's the scores:

Tigres 0-2 Atlas
    Toluca 1-0 Morelia
    Chivas 1-2 Santos
    America 3-2 Atlante

i wish morelia would have won. other than that, great games! the level was more then i expected, the scores were as i thought they would be...

13. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Re: Scores...

Bro, if you though Atlas would win 2-0, then either you are high as a kite or you have great insight. That is a total upset in my book.

14. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LOL@RobDog

anywas the field was horrible hopefully no more games are played in that stadium.

Wow@Navia he had a horrible game even though he scored two goals, he could've scored 3 more if it wasnt for his crap finishing. My MOTM goes to Cuauhtemoc Blanco. His passes were :O.

15. br13

br13 New Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    InterLiga in Houston

I'm heading to the InterLiga double headers in Houston on Friday and Sunday. I watch a bit of MFL on TV, but do not follow the league regularly. I was hoping that someone would be kind enough to give me an analysis of the games coming up:

Morelia v. Santos
    Chivas v. Toluca

Atlante v. Atlas
    America v. Tigres

I have read the New to Mexican Football thread and some of the other InterLiga threads, so I'm trying not to be a troll or waste your time, but I'd like to hear from those who follow the league closely how these teams match up.

Thanks in advance, and I apologize if this is taken as trolling.

16. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I watched the last two games. America looked good going forward, but their defending was less than desirable. I think it was RDL that said that Frankie must go I finally agree.

17. Machetazo

Machetazo Member

Mar 20, 2002
    L.A.
    Week 1 Review

Tigres 0-2 Atlas:
    The young Atlas players did the job. Although Tigres was dissapointing.

Toluca 1-0 Morelia:
    The ref sucked, he disallowed a valid goal for Morelia.

Chivas 1-2 Santos:
    Borgetti single-handedly beat Chicas with some nice goals.

America 3-2 Atlante:
    Good game but the ref was awful. He disallowed an Atlante goal and then didnt give them a P.K. Atlante didnt deserve to lose.

18. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Re: Week 1 Review

Absolutely correct.

I am beyond the point of believing American referees shall ever rise above disgracing themselves in situations like this tournament. They're hopeless.

19. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Almost forgot about that goal! I don't know about that P.k. a little tug around the waist is no biggie! :)

20. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    Re: InterLiga in Houston

my predictions are
    Santos wins
    Toluca wins
    Atlante wins
    America wins

21. br13

br13 New Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Re: Re: InterLiga in Houston

So Santos is your only upset pick. Any reason why?

I saw Santos play in Houston last summer, but Borghetti was not with them at the time. He seems to be in form after Sunday.

22. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria

actually it was an offsides,butthe refs call was a handball,and it should of been an offsides.just watch the replay~

23. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    San José, Estados Unidos (6 enero 2004).- Leo Beenhakker estalló esta mañana al darse cuenta del estado de la cancha del Estadio Spartan, donde por la noche jugarán ante el Atlas en la segunda fecha del Torneo InterLiga.

El entrenador americanista no ocultó su malestar cuando su auxiliar José Manuel De la Torre le informó que el terreno de juego estaba en pésimas condiciones, y cuando acudió para verlo con sus propios ojos se llevó las manos a la cabeza en señal de desaprobación.

"Esto es una falta de respeto para todos, para el futbol, para los aficionados, para los jugadores y el espectáculo", afirmó muy molesto mientras caminaba sobre la cancha.

"Aquí no se puede jugar al futbol, es un potrero, es más, creo que un potrero está en mejores condiciones, en lo personal no traería ni a mi perro a correr aquí porque se lesionaría".

América entrenó a las 9:00 horas locales (11:00 de México) en una cancha aledaña al estadio, la cual paradójicamente estaba en mucho mejor estado lo que causó risas entre el cuerpo técnico americanista.

"Es increíble que los directivos del futbol mexicano acepten este tipo de cosas, porque va en riesgo de sus intereses, de la integridad de los
    jugadores y de su inversión.

"Se debe hacer algo, a lo mejor no ahora, porque ya estamos con el tiempo encima y tenemos que jugar así, pero no esperen un buen espectáculo ni buenos partidos, no se puede y los jugadores no van a querer arriesgarse a una lesión grave", indicó sumamente enojado.

Al final del entrenamiento, los futbolistas fueron hasta el estadio para ver el terreno de juego y de inmediato se mostraron indignados por la situación.

"Tal parece que vamos a regresar a jugar en los tiempos de amateurs, ésta cancha está peor que las muchas ligas no profesionales, pero, bueno, así se las gastan por acá y no podemos hacer nada, estamos obligados a jugar de cualquier manera y ante cualquier riesgo", señaló Pavel Pardo."EL MURAL

couldn't they just play in the depo center.

24. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    América vs Atlas

The pitch is pure garbage once again.

25. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: América vs Atlas

is that what that was ???

anyhow... i wasnt too worried about the refs because at least they are consistantly inconsistant with thier calls.

Next stop is Houston. Im not too convinced about the pitch at Reliant. When i was at the Mexico/US game... the pitch was hard and had cracks the size of my thumb. It didnt look bad from far away but when you saw it up close.. it was pretty bad. they just covered up those cracks with green sand. The size of those cracks are big enough for a cleat to get stuck and do some damage... I hope they already laid out the field and ironed out all those problems because they were working on the pitch the day of the game.