Interfering Chivas supporters

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by TheOrator, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice.

2. RMoreno

RMoreno Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Southern California
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Throwing streamer and the like is part of the celebration. I was in the stadium and could not see if anything else or more dangerous was thrown. The PA announcer warned the crowd that if any more objects the officials had warned that the game would be called. Score 1-0 Chivas.
    Legion and the rest of the Chivas supporters stoped.
    Score 1-1. Galaxy fans woke up and began to chant.
    Score 1-2 Galaxy. Galaxy fans start to light flares (two red ones) then they hurle in onto the field. Really classy.
    Stupid PA repeats his announcement.

For all of you guys, and gals in the know... what is the official ruling? What would be the consiquence be for these actions? I am sure that the home team would be penalized, but how? Just wondering.

3. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    I didnt see the flares.

4. TheOrator

TheOrator New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Virginia
    I saw the smoke from flare on the Chivas side near the goal but that's it.

5. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Or La Norte throwing toilet paper at opposing goalkeepers.

6. TheOrator

TheOrator New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Virginia
    Knave and his vandetta with La Norte.

7. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    You guys are treading a thin line here. Most other forums consider this trolling.

Watch what you have to say or keep this to the Galaxy forum.

8. TheOrator

TheOrator New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Virginia
    What part is trolling. And what is Mexican Artillary?

9. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Sorry, but we have to be a little tighter when it comes to games like Chivas USA-Galaxy or else it'll be overrun and turn into nonsense, like a few posts earlier in this thread. Name calling, expletives, etc.

Mexican Artillery. An homage to Soulfly's all-time favorite poster. RIP Daniel.

10. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    To me, MLS needs MORE atmosphere like what we saw in last night's game. Too often, games are played where fans are expecting to be entertained, instead of making the game a carnival atmosphere, singing, chanting, waving flags, and throwing streamers and paper (cmon, is someone going to get a paper cut!?!) and Hartman was poorly positioned on the goal. In no way whatsoever, could he blame the streamers for that goal.

THere were two games on ESPN2 yesterday. And I get the idea that some on this board would prefer the ho-hum ra ra ra of the Soccer Mom crowd in Colombus than to the passionate atmosphere (and better attendance, I might add, because people know what they bring to the game as far as atmosphere) that was shown in LA.

Well done Galaxians and Chivas supporters....you made this game a spectacle even more so than the exciting play on the field.

11. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So we finally see an atmosphere that could rival games at Barcelona or Roma games and you are complaining ? I bet Tiger Woods is your hero..:rolleyes:

12. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    By the way, at the Chivas-RSL the streamers were on GUZAN'S keep

13. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    MLS fans should stick to clapping and singing a variation of "take me out to the ball game" during half time...

14. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Last night's game was intense. Definitely the best LA clasico to date, and probably one of the best atmosphere's for an MLS game in its 11 year history. Both groups of fans brought a lot to the table.

I wonder how long it will take for ESPN to pick up on this and start hyping this game up on sportscenter...no regular season NBA or MLB game could hold a candle to last night's atmosphere.

15. One More Year

One More Year New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Frisco
    Good point. That was a great game and reminded us of how cool MLS can actually be!

16. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Before the cupcakes where moved to houston ESPN had started taliking about the game and giving it the story lines and the hisotry between both teams. Hopefully this will again happen. For that to happen though a few big games have to be played getween both sides. Imagine if you will an HDC final with LA and Chivas. That would be an incredible scene. The stadium would be Real Madrid full and Gold/Green and Red/White would canvas the stadium.

17. MollG

MollG New Member

May 23, 2005
    socal
    i saw it it was a red one from the west corner and someone had to run out and get it so stop whining about some lil streamers they didnt get in Hartman's way and everyone knows it.

18. TheOrator

TheOrator New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Virginia
    When do we see streamers and shit being thrown at the keeper just as he is trying to defend the goal during Roma or Barca games, genius? It was attempted interference, but like I said before, Chivas got their poetic justice by getting scored on by Landy cakes. The atmosphere was great, but comparing it to Barca or Roma is dumb.

19. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Crew Stadium came within a little less than 2 thousand fans from filling stadium capacity.

20. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Jeez orator, you should stop watching that much golf, first the streamers are always thrown into the field, as I said; even into Guzan's keep, and are not intended as interference, second, about crap thrown into the field in Barca or Roma's game, I remember a pig's head thrown into the field as a player tried to send a corner kick ( although I dont remember if it was at a Barcelona or Real Madrid game ), about the atmosphere, stop being such a snob, just because the HDC cant take 60,000 fans, doesnt mean that we were less than the tifosi, and last I dont remember Landie scoring, so which game did you watch ?

21. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Funny. Most fans in Rome would have remembered oh not soo long ago that Roma had to ban its fans from attending 1st round Champions League games after Anders Frisk, a Swedish ref, got hit by a lighter when he officiated Roma vs Dynamo Kiev. The blood cut was quite gruesome, and helped Frisk retire from the game (well, that and the Chelsea fans threats against.....hmm..i wonder....a certain Catalan side...who could it be...).

Plus, there may not be streamers or any paper products thrown during Rome derbies, but that's because there's an Olympic track seperating the fans from the teams! Of course they are not going to reach unless they are freakin Roger Clemens! Otherwise, its complete insanity amongst the fans, as both Roma and Lazio supporters hate each other and fight outside, inside or anywhere near the stadium or in neighborhoods. So in this case, I'd say Rome tifosi (fans) could take a lesson from Galaxy and Chivas supporters.

...and now for Barca....

You are aware of a certain player named Luis Figo, correct? He may not have had streamers thrown at him at the Nou Camp all his times there playing for Real Madrid, but he basically got everything else thrown at him. Bottles, batteries, mobiles....even the famous pig's head!?!? Again, Barca fans could have taken a que of how to be hostile to an ex-player by Galaxy or Chivas fans, even when a player as loved(and now hated) as Figo comes walkin in.

Sure, the atmospheres for games at the Olympico and Nou Camp are better than at HDC, but the point is if you asked me last night what league game was being played between a gold and green team versus a team in red white and blue with supporters that were quite passionate, I could have told you it might have been a game in Spain, Italy, Argentina, Brazil...etc.etc. The USA?? Holy sh!t....you gotta be kidding me.

...and that's the point.:cool:

22. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Didn't look like it. And anyways, I know which game I'd rather be at. :rolleyes:

23. RMoreno

RMoreno Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Southern California
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Are you shittin' me? The lead into the game announced that they were expecting 15K. The stands looked there was HALF of that!

There is a difference between a sold ticket and a used ticket. It was too bad because it looked like the weather was good for a game at Columbus. I hope its that warm when Chivas plays there!

24. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Thread is closed. I'm sick of binning ridiculous replies.