Interesting..

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by CaptSteamer, Dec 22, 2007.

1. CaptSteamer

CaptSteamer Member

Nov 8, 2006
    St.Louis
    This is a portion of the story from the MISL website.

Saturday Dec 22, 2007

The New Jersey Ironmen (6-3) hosted the Orlando Sharks (0-12) on Saturday night at Prudential Center in a battle of expansion teams, and a crowd of 5,192 fans saw the home team end their two-game skid, 13-7. The game, which was telecasted live on Fox Soccer Channel, featured Giovanni Savarese, the second all-time leading goal scorer for the New York/ New Jersey MetroStars (now Red Bull New York), as Ironmen honorary captain.

It didn't seem there were that many people at the Ironmen game last night.
    Was anyone on this board at the game?

2. bomp

bomp New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Baltimore, MD.
    The match was on Friday night, right?

3. cobi13

cobi13 Member

Aug 16, 2004
    NY
    I was at the game.

It was very entertaining, especially off the field. My friends and I took advantage of the promotion, "Holiday Pictures with the Ironmen Dance Team" - some very nice looking girls on that team. Also some chances to win money, etc. Anyway, there were, in my estimates, about 1,000 people there. There were holiday parties happening in suites, so maybe that drove the number up a bit, but my friend turned to me when they announced it over the loudspeaker and said, "Are you sure they didn't mean 502?" It was a bit weak, but being it is Orlando and right before Christmas, I guuuuueeeeessssssss there are some excuses. It's too bad, it was a good game - I had a lot of fun there. Hopefully things will improve. There was a SEVERE lack of energy there.

I hope they make things work.