Rumor: Interesting news with the Baltimore Blast

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by cardshopmd, Nov 16, 2023.

1. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For a while now we have all heard about the Gianni Issue. This goes to court on Jan 24th 2024 Well it seems like things are only getting worse behind the scenes Rumor has it that a dispute is taken place with Key players, I have heard this though several other people so far they have all been correct. As much as I would love to name the players out of respect for them I was asked not to name them. I can tell you that the league is involved with this fiasco and in the end it will be nothing but more Bad press for The Blast and the MASL. The Blast Has yet to hire a new GM, They do have a New M2 coach its rumored to be Tarlik Walker, We also Have Kareem Mouban Back as the goalkeeper coach.

Below is an updated roster

Not Returning

Lucas Roque F

Ouna Obasi ( Signed With Harrisburg ) .

47 Keegan Kelly M Released

New Signings
    Oumar Sylla could be for the Blast or Arsenal

Raphael Araujo ( Former Heat and Tropics player )

Victor Parerras ( Former Tropics Captain )

Jesus Pacheco

Confirmed Returning Players

6 Josh Hughes M

9 Moises Gonzalez F

11 Tony Donatelli M

12 Adriano Dos Santos D

13 Jereme Raley D

17 Jamie Thomas F

20 Mike Deasel D

22 Juan Pereira F

23 Jonatas Melo M

24 Mike Zierhoffer G

33 Oswald Annang F

70 Ricardinho Sobreira M

Statius is unknown at this time

Isamnia Cohen P

Jake Dengler P

Jonathan Sousa P

1 Quantrell Jones G

14 Ibrahima Keita D

21 Maxi Schenfeld P

27 Jack Shearer F

88 Patrick Thompson

0 William Vanzela G

25 Max Ferdinand F

78 Nelson Santana

2. powerplay13

powerplay13 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Will be interesting to see how court case turns out. Wonder what the player dispute is about?

The Blast still have a good core off returning veterans. I like the recent acquisitions, especially Parreiras. Would be nice if eventually they pick up Diegues and Alves.

Would like to see the Blast resign Vanzela, Ferdinand, Santana, Thompson. But should remain competitive if they aren't able to.
    A number of these new signings are probably going to the M2 Arsenal. Thanks for the info.

3. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see any of the players you have listed coming back. None of them are in training camp. All of the new signing today are for the Blast Not the M2. But I can see some of them getting playing time in the M2, I am not sure how many Masl players you can have on the m2 roster.

I can't get in to spacificifics on the disputes right now. I can tell you that the league got involved and it is my understanding that his is Ed Hales call & These players could be suspended indefinitely by the blast. IMO if your not going to pay these players, them out right release them , They have family's to feed and this is going to just leave a bad taste in the mouth of blast fans. the players in question have retained an attorney from my understanding. The MASL or the Blast does not need any more bad press right now.

The Blast should be making more player announcements on the 21st and the 22nd

4. powerplay13

powerplay13 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes I agree , if your not going to resign the players, then trade or release them. But maybe something else is going on and the details have yet to be released.

Will be good to see some of the new talent develop on the new M2 Arsenal team and Rochester. That is if Rochester Lancers M2 are still affiliated with the Blast. According to the M2 website they still are.

5. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something else is going on behind the scenes and the details will never be released, Unless a lawsuits are filed and I honestly believe they will be. They will be for breach of contract. I can't see anyone filing a wrongful termination suit because Maryland is an at will state, Meaning you can be fired on the spot for any reason. Technically players are suspended and not fired.

The Lancers are still affiliated with the Blast, I would love to see a Baltimore arsenal Roster surface we have 6 goalkeepers in camp. from what I have heard.

6. powerplay13

powerplay13 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Well hopefully those unsigned Blast veteran MASL players will be playing on another MASL team , they would be a great asset to any team.

Good to hear about the goalkeeper competition. I'm guessing Zierhoffer will be the starter. I like what I've seen from him so far. Wonder if any other former MASL keepers are in camp?

Well that's good that Rochester is still affiliated with the Blast. That gives them more players to develop and draw from. Plus the M3 team. I guess the M2 rosters will be announced after the MASL rosters are finalized.

7. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it will be Mike Zierhoffer and Quantrell Jones as our keepers I would not be surprised to see Quantrell Jones as the starter on the M2 team to get some Much needed playing time. I can see him in a dual role on home games he's not a starter. I have not heard of any Veteran Goalkeepers in Gamp. I hope they van get things worked out with William in the next 2 weeks.

powerplay13 repped this.
  8. powerplay13

powerplay13 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Looking at the Blast roster today on the MASL website shows all the new players along with a number of current Blast players. Patrick Thompson and Keegan Kelly are listed on the active roster.
    Vanzela, Ferdinand, and Melo are listed on the inactive roster with 3 others players. Nelson Santana is not listed in either roster.

9. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Melo's facebook profile says he worked at the baltimore Blast, Before it said he worked for the Baltimore Blast. Keegan Kelly was released. I spoke to him myself, he suffered a major concussion and has not recovered. Nelson Santana , I can't see coming Back if your going younger and faster you can't have nelson on the team. The strikers Just released its goal keeper so maybe ed hale will work something out to let William go play there. I honestly don't believe that no one in the league wanted to do a trade for William, Melo, or Max, What I have been told and my source has been 100% correct so far is that William and Max are suspended Indefinitely by Ed Hale. Both players have retained a lawyer. If Melo is suspended they would be smart to have the same attorney represent them. The Press would love the story.

Here are the players not coming back.
    William Vanzela G (inactive)
    Jonatas Melo (inactive)
    Max Ferdinand F (inactive)
    Nelson Santana ????
    Lucas Roque F Traded to the Strikers
    Ouna Obasi ( Signed With Harrisburg ) .
    Keegan Kelly Released Confirmed by him

powerplay13 repped this.
  10. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jonatas Melo (inactive) Due to a visa issue

powerplay13 repped this.
  11. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What press?

Buddy98 repped this.
  12. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only time the news or media have ever covered the blast is when it's for something bad. I honestly expect this all to come out shortly, once the shit hits the fan its going to stick to everything. This will give you more of an insight to what Gianni actually did behind the scenes to cause these players to be suspended indefinitely by the blast.

13. powerplay13

powerplay13 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Looks like Nelson Santana signed with Utica, listed today on the MASL transactions.

14. Buddy98

Buddy98 Member

Oct 22, 2014
    A public post from William Vanzela's Facebook page:

I would like to make a few things clear to everyone.
    •I won't be playing for the baltimore blast.
    •I have not decided to retire.
    •After everything I've done in 11 years, all I got was an email from the team lawyer saying that my contract of 2 more years was "TERMINATED".
    •I never sat down with the "front office" if you can call that, and I never got a call from the owner/president/general manager.
    •Am I surprised? Not at all.
    I'm going to miss playing with my friends for sure and I'm extremely grateful for the fans, it was a pleasure to perform in front of you, memories will never die!
    God is good and life goes on, I'm super excited about what's next!
    I can't talk about for legal reasons, so please don't ask questions!

15. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can tell you for a fact William was notified of this, He even took this to the League and they told him it's Ed Hales call. Two separate contracts exist One was for a one year deal that the League has on file with Ed Hales Signature on it. The 2nd is a Two year deal with Gianni's Signature on it According to Maryland law, if someone within a company embezzles, any contract they did are null and void.. I am sure the blast will be making a statement on this shortly.

16. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. powerplay13

powerplay13 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Looks like the Blast traded Vanzela and Ferdinand to the Empire Strykers, according to MASL transactions. Wonder if the Blast will receive any player/players in return?

Busy night tonight in the MASL with 6 games! Looks like a number of interesting matches. Plus the start of the M2 season.

I believe the Heat got a new turf that should be making its debut.

19. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Blast traded William and Max However both players are listed as inactive, No One knows what or if anything we got in return. This was the original 3 player trade that should have taken place months ago and would have brought Tayou to Baltimore.

I would also be interested in seeing the full M2 roster for Baltimore and Utica

I am also interested in seeing the Heats new carpet

powerplay13 repped this.
  20. powerplay13

powerplay13 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes I wish they would list the Arsenal roster on the M2 site. Tarik Walker is interviewed on M2 and mentioned some players, including Frater who apparently is not far from playing in M1. But no Arsenal roster listed anywhere so far. Also, a number of M2 teams also don't have their rosters listed yet.

21. powerplay13

powerplay13 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    The Arsenal and Utica rosters are now listed on the M2 website.

22. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frater needs to me moved up to M1 he had 3 assist in that game I heard it a paperwork issue with his visa.

powerplay13 repped this.
  23. powerplay13

powerplay13 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes it was good to watch the Arsenal game. They have some decent prospects and Frater played well.

Also watched the Kings/Steaks ,game/highlights, there is some good developing talent there too.

Any idea why Parreiras did not play last night?
    What is Zierhoffer's injury?

24. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    The Heat got the same turf as the Blast and they both look like they're 30 years old and faded and worn out. Also, either the Heat turf is used or someone painted the wrong goalkeeper area on it.