Intercontinental Cup Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Wile Coyote, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    The winner of the UEFA Super Cup and the winner of the CONMEBOL copa Sudamericana will now still FIGHT FOR THE INTERCONTINENTAL CUP....

I'm clad this is a cup with history that deseves to be played REGARDLESS WHAT CRAZY BLATTER SAYS...

2. Forza AZ

Forza AZ New Member

Jun 26, 2003
    Alkmaar
    But it's the last time this year. And it's not the winner of the Super Cup and copa Sudamericana, but the winners of the Champions League and Copa Libertadores.

3. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    I hate to correct you but THE NEW FORMAT FOR THE INTERCONTINENTAL CUP PROJECTED FOR 2006 IS THE WINNER OF THE COPA SUDAMERICANA vs THE WINNER OF THE UEFA SUPER CUP.

COPA LIBERTADORES WINNER WILL NOW PLAY FOR THE FIFA WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP.....

CONMEBOL IS WAITING FO UEFA TO GIVE ITS OKAY...on the new format for 2006..

4. BSjanitor

BSjanitor Member

Jun 11, 2004
    I'm thinking it's more likely to be UEFA Cup vs Sudamericana. The winner of the Super Cup could also be the Champions League winner and then they'd have to play the FIFA WCC and the Intercontinental. That would piss the Europeans off.

5. Forza AZ

Forza AZ New Member

Jun 26, 2003
    Alkmaar
    I'm sorry. I didn't know there were plans for another version of this Cup.

But it should be given another name then, because you can't compare it to the Cup that exist now, as the teams winning the UEFA-cup and Copa Sudamericana are not the best of their continent.

6. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I really doubt Uefa and the clubs will give their approval for this cup...

7. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004
    I dont think its a good idea. wasnt there plans on a cup with the winners of the UEFA cup and AFC Champions league as well? too many of these competitions.
    they should just have the world clubs cup, in my opinion.

8. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Pray tell, what on earth makes you think UEFA would sanction such a possibility?