Inter vs Roma [R]

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by highgarden, Oct 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highgarden

highgarden New Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is supposed to be the lineup versus Roma:

------------------Toldo------------------
    ---Canna-----Materazzi---Cordoba----
    J.Zanetti---Emre---C.Zanetti-------Kily
    ---Martins--------Vieri-------Recoba---

I'm not sure if Andy VDM is injured or if he is not considered a starting player. Also, Kily is going to be a defensive liability on the left. Well, if nothing else, Inter should be more entertaining now. I haven't seen any projected lineups for the Locomotiv match yet and it is only two hours away.

2. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    More entertaining? Why do you say? You think everything will change in one week? I didn't realize Zaccheroni was known as such a brilliant tactician of attacking soccer. Oh, I see, just because of having Recoba, Vieri and Martins in there together. Well, we'll see.

3. highgarden

highgarden New Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zaccheroni is more offensive minded than Cuper and the team should be more fun to watch. If that is the formation he intends on using then he has already shown he intends to attack first. Three forwards and Kily on the left when Coco or Brecht are available.

Will Inter's results improve? Well, Roma is a tough assignment & Cuper already had a pretty good record with Inter already, but I'll hope for the best.

4. ForzaInter03

ForzaInter03 New Member

Oct 18, 2003
    Texas
    the worst inter can do now is tie to roma, if they hope to win the serie a they have to win against roma, milano, and juve. they are doin good in the CL but not in the italian league.

5. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Well, they were doing well in the CL until their 3-0 meltdown in Moscow this week. I'll be surprised if they beat in in-form happen, but you never know how players will react to a new coach. Still, it seems like it'd be a hard thing to turn-around in such a short time.

6. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    FINAL:
    Inter Milan-0
    AS Roma-0

7. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Inter pressed much of the action especially in the first half but was simply clueless around the box about how to manage a shot on goal - at least until the very end after Cruz came in and Roma seemed to pack it in. Vieri nearly got the game-winner in the last seconds but his first effort was parried by Pelizzoli and his lunging second try hit the bar. Scrappy game. BTW, Martins did not play - Kily Gonzalez was the third "forward" with Vieri and Recoba. Emre was unavailable, and Almeyda started, and he had a good game. Looked a bit like the Almeyda of old. Coco started on the left side and also had a very strong game before being subbed out for sheer exhaustion.

Inter showed the typical energy of a team trying to impress their new coach, but I'm not sure things will change much in the end.