inter looking at henry and ruud....

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by forza inter, Mar 21, 2006.

1. forza inter

forza inter Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Middletown, ct
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=362364&cc=5901

seems interesting...i was bummed out to see inter fall out of the ballack race but if they acquire one of these 2 fowards id be very happy too. either one is class, and with them playing alongside adriano...wow thatd be great.

forza inter

2. youcantseeme

youcantseeme Member

Dec 22, 2005
    England
    They would be brilliant, either one or both :D Not a fan of van nistle-dive but still a good player.

Is the Ballack transfer officially over or is there still a possiblitly if Inter win the champions league?

3. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Interesting attacking options for Inter if they can get Ruud. As I've said in another thread .....

Inter's forward corps include Adriano, Alvaro Recoba, Julio Cruz, & Obafema Martins. Adriano usually starts with whoever's hot among the other three. The other three have different qualities. Martins has good pace and deceptive quickness. Recoba to me seems more of an attacking midfielder or one who starts from the outside and plays in, rather than an out-and-out striker. I think Recoba's strengths complement Adriano's. I don't have much to say about Julio Cruz.

However, I feel that Inter's strength are their midfielders, so sometimes it seems that Inter's 2nd forward are a surplus to requirements.

Inter's midfield often starts Cambiasso, Figo, Stankovic, & Veron. These four are more than capably backed by Kily, Solari, Cesar, Cristiano Zanetti, & David Pizarro. With such an impressive midfield corps that consistently contribute to the attack, Adriano can sometimes thrive all by himself up front.

Ruud would be a huge get for Inter, and will complement their attack. Adriano's a great target but is surprisingly agile at the edges of the penalty area with a deadly shot from 18-24 yards, which is not Ruud's specialty. Even with Adriano up front, I've always thought that Inter could use a poacher and a more clinical finisher up front. Ruud can be that guy, but I'll be happy if Ruud stays at ManUtd. :)

4. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If any of these strikers arrive, is to replace Adriano, not to play along him :(

5. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Does Inter or Mancini not want Adriano? Or are Inter seeing big $$$ signs if they decide to sell Adriano to Real Madrid?

6. Futballer

Futballer New Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Canada
  7. giallorossissimo

Apr 8, 2005
    South Florida
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    the chances of henry going to inter are extremely slim. in my opinion he'll probably stay at arsenal or go to barca to replace larsson. he never really fit in at juve and i dont see him doing any better at inter.

much smarter to invest in a younger player like tevez if you can get him

8. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Tevez would be a great idea but isn't the asking price something absurb, even for him?
    I though I saw something about that recently..

9. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can you guys look for some local talent for a change? There are some Italian youngsters out there waiting for their turn.

10. soccer_stallion32

soccer_stallion32 New Member

Apr 3, 2004
    Not that it matter but i also would lik to see them sign someone like Tavano or Camo who look to be available, either that or upgrade soem of the promising youngsters to the senior squad. Bring those who are out on loan back and give them a solid chance at a first team place. i am sure if they knew they were on a level playing field with all the others they would play their hearts out just to get a chance to represent Inter.

Players like Dino Marino, Dellefiore (i know he is argentine), Andreolli, Momente, and Biava should be getting the most of our attention rather than constantly loaning them out to lower division clubs with no thought of how they are developing and whether they are a viable option or not.