Inter - AC Milan [R] 2/24/13 - 26a Giornata

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Kqql, Feb 18, 2013.

1. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i'm disappointed with the draw, but really i think it benefits us more than inter. we are still ahead of them in points, so really they should have been pushing for the win. just got to hope that lazio and fiorentina drop points as well. if not, we'll just have to crush lazio's hopes next week

2. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    With Bonera and our world champion Zaccardo as the starting centerbacks.:cool:

Kqql repped this.
  3. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    playing barca and the derby in the same week and not losing either is a good week from where i'm sitting.

gcstorm9 repped this.
  4. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah i can understand that, stepping aside from inter playing on thursday night and having more fatigue and injuries

5. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Cluj?:confused:

6. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    travel time?:confused:

7. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Inter used their reserves.:alien:

8. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no we didn't :ninja:

9. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Agreed. Inter was pushing the game and our midfield was just getting tired by the end. Good subs by Inter to attack and keep our guys running. Muntari who played great vs Barca is still regaining form while Montolivo/SES/Boateng all put in hard minutes the other night. The pace Inter was playing didn't help us. I think the 1st half we played very well and if it wasn't for Inter GK making 3 world class saves the game could have been over at HT. Balotelli while being fresh didn't contribute in 2nd half because our midfield was getting over run and he didn't come back to get ball(To be honest, I dont think he should come back, he should stay up top and either winger should come back and wait to be feeded). A 1-1 draw isn't a bad result after beating Barcelona a few days earlier. Sure the win would have been nice, but it now gives us rest to overtake Lazio next week.

And I agree with Bojan. I like the guy and think he is a good player, however on this team he is kind of lost. We seem to put him in games at the end to try and do something but he just roams around. If we put him as false #9 than we dont have target fwd. If we put him as 1 of the 2 wingers than he doesnt track back and help defense, if we put him at trequartista than SES on the flanks isn't used properly. I just don't know where he can play. Obviously he is skillful, but if we continue with the 4-3-3 formation, he just doesnt fit. Hence, why I think its almost 100% he is gone in Summer. Forgetting the fact he isnt worth the 15 mil buy out clause, but even then he just doesnt fit our scheme. Atleast Robinho is a winger and now Boateng kind of understanding how to tactically play as winger really bumps Bojan out.

10. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Disappointing. Game should have been put away in the first half.

11. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Flipside being that Mexes and Zapata are out on suspensions.

Bright side would be that they're going to be fresh against Barca at least.
    I agree with this 100%

The jury is in and the verdict is that Milan is comprehensive in their ranks attacking wise for now an the long term; we don't need to look at that department at all in the offseason, if anything salary needs to be cut and it starts with Bojan and Robinho.

12. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd keep Robinho, depending on salary and what we could get in return. Don't want to have no depth. Need some D and a mid or two.

gcstorm9 repped this.
  13. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
  14. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Rumor has it that Gallani wants Bojan for 9-10 mil. Frankly, Id rather spend that on Strootman or add that to Ogbonna fund . I like Bojan but for 10 mil we can use that somewhere else to help the team. I think rotating Abate/De Sciglio/Constant at LB/RB is ok, while our merry go round CB needs to be addressed. Id love a guy like Strootman to play next to Montolivo and De Jong, and have Nocerino/Flamini/Muntari as subs while bringing back Urby and have him up top as a sub with Niang,Robinho, Pazzini and start SES/Balo/Boateng.

15. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd let Bojan go. Would like Strootman or Paulinho. Paulinho would be my first choice. Ogbonna and Dede would be my choices for CB. Would keep Mexes on bench. Outside backs I think we can deal with for now.

16. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    26a Giornata
    RECAP -> Inter 1 - AC Milan 1

Goals:
    0-1 El Shaarawy @ 21" (Assist Boateng)
    1-1 Schelotto @ 70" (Assist Nagatomo)
    1st half highlights

2nd half highlights

Rossonero23 repped this.