Instead of BS I got...

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by bungadiri, Mar 2, 2005.

1. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    As a paying customer theres a point at which it's not my perogative to give a crap why something is going wrong. Your analogy about having a wife paying the cable bill is completely useless. This is the second time or more in two weeks we've gotten the 'Gee, sorry it's not our fault,' line. Well maybe it is or maybe it isn't but it's still a buisness that I'm a paying customer of and I'm not very pleased at the level of service I've been getting recently. The 'It's not our fault' reasoning, while maybe valid, essentially is just passing the buck.

2. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I don't think everybody is angry at HUSS.. what people at angry at is the fact that 12 hours (between 8:30 P.M. and 8:30 A.M.) went by before anybody did anything about it. There is a lack of communication that needs to be rectified in case of future problems.

3. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, 12 hours without keeping up with Bobby Convey. What is the world coming to?

:D

4. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

But thats not the point. I'm not a paying member, that's why i'm not bitching. But I can see why and I can understand why paying members should be angry and frustrated.

5. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Working fine, loading slightly slower than normal though. :)

Still not a problem.

I too, feel for all the paid members having to put up with this s***t over the past few weeks. Especially when we were posting first thing this morning talking about the problem and nothing being done about it.

Need to get on that blower much quicker. :rolleyes:

I do appreciate your efforts Huss, thanks for updating us on the situation.

I'v been posting for some 8 months, and all I can say is that the first 4 months were much better than the last 4.

6. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    For me it's not even an issue of being pissy about spending $30. I gladly pay that money because I enjoy bigsoccer and feel the need to support it. I also pay that money becuase I want largely unfettered access to the site, that's part of the appeal to paying for a premium membership. When that's not happening it gets a little frustrating because I do very much enjoy posting on here and look forward to being able to do so on a daily basis.

7. NASL Fan

NASL Fan Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Los Angeles, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I AM a paying member, I got the Network Solutions page and I was more worried than anything else. I thought you guys were gone, had gone bankrupt: I thought you were dead. I seriously started investigating alternatives.

I think that when this sort of thing happens, you have to make some sort of an ANNOUNCEMENT afterwards that EVERYONE CAN SEE ON THE HOMEPAGE that explains to people what happened, exactly. Especially if it's not your fault:). Because as a paying customer, when a service you have come to rely on doesn't work, you want to know why. Otherwise, you all come off as a bunch of flakes.

Gracias,

Héctor Tobar
    in Buenos Aires

8. muskiesrock35

muskiesrock35 Member

Nov 28, 2001
    Cincinnati
    Working fine for me today

9. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Geeze, down for a couple of hours and we're all panicking and complaining. Shows us just how addicted we are. I have to admit I was getting a little frantic there... But now that I've found some of the backdoor ways to find BigSoccer, I feel better.

10. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    OK, people, imagine if your ISP went down and you were unable to access any sites on the entire Internet. Would you blame Huss for that?

He's explained what happened. Sure, it's frustrating, but it wasn't his fault. If you want to vent, contact Network Solutions to find out what happened.

11. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    I thought the site went belly-up too. I thought this Network Solutions thing had snatched it up overnight. I was looking for some news online to see if something had happened. This morning I was having withdrawals.

I spend waaaay too much time on this damn site. Hmm... maybe the site should go down more often. I'd get more done around the house...

Nah!!

12. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    WEll, now we have a good april fools joke to use

13. hiddink_magic

hiddink_magic New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Wendouree
    If you have that you will only have trouble.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I thought huss pulled a fast one and disappeared with our money.

Thank goodness the problem was fixed at least on my side. Blame shouldn't be given to an individual but yes I agree with an earlier poster that an anouncement should have been written by an admin or a mod when the problem occured. I was only able to see this site earlier through bigfootball.com but all the links were broken.

I guess us paying members are used to this shyte anyways...

oh and mikelastort go do what you do best to your backside you cocksucking beeatch, your excuses for the admins here aren't valid oldman.

15. fiddlestick

fiddlestick New Member

Jul 17, 2001
    The 4 8 0
    Anything beats the "players to be featured in gay mag spread" one.

16. Caveat Lector

Caveat Lector New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    excellent post. IMHO, communication with your customers will go the furthest to reduce hostility and improve loyalty.

If people understand you are on the problem and you tell them what happened and when you expect a fix (via email???? i dunno .. but at LEAST afterwards) then they will be less stressed and more forgiving.

just makes sense.

17. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I'm not so sure about that anymore. There are no more Fox links on BS.... which makes me think they the deal between BS and FOX is over.....:(

18. gomez

gomez New Member

Jan 27, 2005

Yes, but there are still links to BS from Fox's soccer page.

http://msn.foxsports.com/fsw

At the bottom...

19. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Maybe they haven't removed them yet. I dunno. All I know is the there are no more links from BS to FSW/FSC.... and BS is now creating a RSS news feeds section..... I put 1 and 1 together.....and came away with my conclusion. If I'm wrong.... good.... :)

20. Delsocfan

Delsocfan New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bigsoccer is also a sub category of soccer on the foxsports.com

USA
    England
    Europe
    Bigsoccer

21. URwormfood

URwormfood Member

Mar 24, 2004
    6 feet under: LOT 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems to working fine for the time-being...

But is slow loading a bit...

~~Worm~~

22. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Whoa!!! Bigsoccer ad in Foxsoccer Channel's front page of their website??!?!?!?

Holy $hit, and I was thinking of becoming a paying member... after all this? forget it heh i'm sure they'll be ok without my money. :p

23. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there are a lot of complaints to be made, but i will save all but 1. there should have been a much better job communicating with us what happened. at first i too thought the site went belly up, until danks told me he was able to connect.

24. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    But Asta, if your DNS changed and you can't get to the site, how can we tell you what happenned?

25. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But not everybody got it at the same time. In my case, I didn't get NetSol until 8.30am Eastern Thrusday, a good 12 hours after it was first reported. Additionally, others were getting it on and off.