Instead of BS I got...

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by bungadiri, Mar 2, 2005.

1. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Now its gone off again....... :mad:

Happy days :rolleyes:

2. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Now its back..........wtf!?!

I think there's a worm in one of the ads, that is somehow attaching itself to the bigsoccer domain name.

When you try and select bigsoccer, it sends you elsewhere

Now when that certain ad doesn't show in the forum, I get all my smilies and buttons back. The two ads that are showing now, are both bigsoccers own - "Bigsoccer Shop" - Some outside ads appear to be messing it up.

For instance, it has gone now, but if I try again it will knock me off.

Fine now.......I'll check back later. :)

3. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Folks, we don't know WTF NetSol has done but there is plenty of screaming going on....

4. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Fine.

The thing I don't understand then, this started affecting folks last night around 8:30pm EST. Why weren't you yelling and screaming at them all night long? They do have 24 assistance.

To me is shows once again, user-issues take a back-seat to things like the BigSoccer store which seemed to be your #1 priority for the longest time. If you put that much work in to keeping the forum working and the servers cranking we'd never have these problems, Network Solutions or not.

By the way, I was able to log-in under the metrofan.com link.

5. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    This is some kind of bullsh!t. I called NetSol, and hope lots and lots of other members do as well.

6. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    started working fine for me in the last couple of minutes

7. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    fid,

You are entitled to believe what you want of us, and I will do my best not to be offended. Frankly you have no reason to care about the oingoing explanations - the site was down for you and that is as unacceptable to you as it is to us.

At 8:30PM EST time last night, no one was in the office. No beepers went off because there were no problems with the servers or the site. At 8:30 this morning, when we came to the office, we got our first reports of problems, even though our domain had not, in fact, propagated to the NetSol Oingo page. Within 30 minutes it was fixed. Unfortunately, there is again a propagation issue so many people have to wait for it to change back. Now, why NetSol accidentally screwed up our DNS yesterday is undetermined, is costing us time, money and aggravation, and, as you know, we’ve had plenty of that in the last 2 weeks!

As for our time, I guarantee you we spend 10-20x more time, effort, and money on keeping the forums up than we do on ANYTHING else on this site. In fact, the team that works on the store has no crossover with the team that works on the site. So while the fact that the store doesn’t go down (it’s hosted by Yahoo, which helps) while the forums do, is not a sign that BSI is trying to milk you.

8. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    That's fine Huss, and I'm not offended...

Frustrated more than anything. The last 2 weeks have been rediculous to the users of this site.

9. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    it's only been two weeks!?!?!?!

10. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm crapped out at home (even after clearing cookies/cashe - IE and Net 7.2) and rebooting. ********ing NetSol!!!

At work, right now, I'm fine...I'm still pink...

11. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So it's fixed now?

As for beepers, don't you use email at home?? Do no mods have Huss's or anyone else who runs the site's email to say, "Hey, some funky ********** is going on??"

It's not 15 hours later and I still can't access the site through BigSoccer.com. I have connect through the IP. Sorry to vent but it's really, really annoying. I know this wasn't your fault but I question how no one can give you a heads up between 8:30pm and 8:30am this morning.

12. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Just an FYI, but still having problems as of 11:28AM EST.

The Magpie

13. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Yeah, had the same problems here. I was getting upset (f-ing pissed off is more like it). I tried AOL, Firefox and IE and nothing. I tried getting on through google but it wouldn't let me.

14. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Still problems here 11:35 AM EST.

15. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Things seems to have improved. Still the occasional wierdness, but better.

16. geordienation

geordienation Moderator

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    FYI -- still getting the NetSol stuff as of now when clicking on thread links or replies.

17. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    DNS propogation can take 12-72 hours depending on your ISP.

18. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    You really have to get your ******** together here Huss. The performance and issues with this site over the last month, most of which I've been fortunate enough to not even expierence have been unacceptable, to this paying member, at least.

19. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I finally got back in a while ago.

Based on what I read here my running Spybot had nothing to do with my being able to get back in. Neither did my howling at the moon while dressed like Edward the Confessor, or drinking raw eggs while humming "Ain't We Got Fun?", sacrificing my neighbor's goat (okay, no goat really because all they have is a pekinese and it tried to bite me so I gave up but the intent was there), or that weird thing my wife and I tried with the Edward the Confessor outfit. None of that is what turned the trick. Please nobody tell my wife.

20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was finally able to get on at 12:10pm today, the first time since about 9pm last night. Ridiculous doesn't even describe it, whether it's something you can control or not.

21. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    So in simple terms what happened, and how did it happen?

22. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I for one don't really care. I think myself and everyone else has been largely pretty patient and understanding but enough is enough already.

23. fishbiproduct

fishbiproduct New Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Pasadena Ca.
    I was unable to log on to this site for about 12 hours.
    Just managed now.
    So you know...

24. tog

tog Member

Oct 25, 2000
    Seattle
    Well, frankly, that's ridiculous.

There are things over which Huss and the boys have control and things over which they have no control. All they can do in this situatuion is contact NetSol and scream. Getting mad at Huss for this particular problem is like blaming your wife because the cable went out, and she ordered the cable originally, so... It just makes no sense.

Some of the server issues are annoying, but they really have nothing to do with this. And frankly, they're caused only by BS trying to IMPROVE service.

If you're gonna be mad, make sure you're mad about the right thing and at the right people.

25. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    OK bigsoccer.com now works.. as of 1:00 P.M. EST ... for me of course.