Inside the mind of a bushie...

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Own Goal Hat-Trick, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    It bothers me Chris that you equate being a Christian with being
    close-minded. And maybe you studied a different history book than I did,
    but my history books taught me that the reason this country was even settled
    was so that the Puritans could escape religious persecution. Being FREE
    doesn't mean you should tolerate what is WRONG! It is morally wrong to kill
    defenseless fetuses who didn't ask to be conceived to begin with. How hard
    is it for a woman to get birth control these days? It isn't. I can't
    condone a woman killing what SHE has begotten just because she is too LAZY
    to get her fat ass to a free clinic for birth control! You either value life
    or you don't. (And by the way, I don't condone capital punishment either!)
    I thought I raised a son with Christian morals and values. Now it sounds
    like you've become just another liberal who views TOLERANCE of what is wrong
    as noble and open-minded. I want you to think about a statement that a
    German Lutheran minister made during World War II:
    When they came for the Gypsies, I did nothing because I was not a Gypsy.
    When they came for the retarded, I did nothing because I had no retarded
    children. When they came for the Jews, I did nothing because I was not
    Jewish. Then they came for me. And my neighbors.... It is crucial that
    mankind remember this: All that is needed for EVIL to triumph is for the
    godly man to do NOTHING!
    TOLERANCE is just another word for DOING NOTHING!

2. sokol

sokol Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Very well said. I wish people who support tolerance of immorality could take a look at what's happening in other parts of the world. An example with which I am familiar is Russia, where most people share these same values as the liberal groups here (although the homosexuality question is still rather new there). And here's some facts about Russia that are a direct result of those values:

The average woman will have about 4 abortions.

Despite rising immigration, the population of Russia is vanishing. They lose about 1 million a year.

There are projections that by 2020, in some parts of Russia 1 in 4 people will be HIV positive. Take another look at that number. 1 in 4. What is that going to do the population, not to mention the economy and most importantly the quality of life?

Despite an outstanding education system and immense natural resources, the economy struggles. Obviously there are a myriad of reasons for this unrelated to the moral issues. But the enourmous decline in the workforce certainly plays a part.

As was said in the original post, if we do nothing than evil triumphs. Thankfully, the people of this country decided it was about time to do something.

3. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey scroll below to see what's inside the mind of a bushie :

4. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Holy crap, did your mom send that to you?????

5. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    The problem with this kind of argument is that it presupposes that everyone agrees with _your_ definition of what is right and what is wrong. The Puritans might have escaped from religious persecution, but they haven't exactly shied away from persecuting those that disagree with them. And from my point of there's still a ridiculously intolerant puritanical streak in this country about, for example, sex - where a bare nipple can seemingly send the whole
    fucking country into a state of apoplexy.

6. tog

tog Member

Oct 25, 2000
    Seattle
    This is exactly right. The Puritans escaped because they were being persecuted and came to the US so that they could have the freedom practice an exceedingly restrictive religion and persecute anyone who strayed or diagreed.

7. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Yep. Just imagine that. And now we have the liberals wanting to move to Canada so they can have the freedom to practice their religion and persecute anyone who strays or disagrees.

8. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's what conservatives and Bushies alike don't get about people who aren't pro-life. We aren't pro-abortion. We don't want women out there aborting unborn fetuses. We agree that birth control is a better option. However, we believe that forcing our own beliefs on others is morally unacceptable. Yes, the Puritans came here to be free. To have the freedom of choice. By making abortion illegal, you are taking away that freedom of choice. You're making people live their lives based on your viewpoint, you refusing them their right to choose.

9. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    oh, but theyre evil and must be stopped at all costs!!!! same with the gays, the immigrants, and if this comment were circa 1950, the blacks as well!

10. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't tell if it's really good sarcasm.

11. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    It is. OGHT is on our side. :)

12. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Actually, I think we're concentrating on the gays. Well, the gays and foreigners. Yeah, that's it.

Oh, wait, I forgot minorities. So, it's the gays, the foreigners, and minorities. But other than that we're all for freedom. As long as your not gay, or a minority, or an immigrant.

Oh, dammit, I forgot women. We're against them too.

And if you're a non-white European lesbian you should just pretty much hunker down and wait for the stormtroopers.

(The above should be read with HEAVY sarcasm, and I stress the HEAVY)

Sheesh, talk about painting the Republican party with a wide brush.

13. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Hey. Scroll Below to see what's on the mind of a bushie...

Scoreboard.

14. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was kind of thown there for a second, it seemed pretty out of character.

15. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, we figured that was the only thing in there. Does it rattle around when they jump up and down?

16. Northcal19

Northcal19 New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Celtic Tavern LODO (
    You guys think you f'ing won? Just wait. 4 years MORE of the dim bulb. Let's see where he can put the deficit. Let's see who we preemtively invade (without a draft, ahem), let's see about 'no chlid left behind'.

Will everything still be Clinton's fault in the second term?

Scoreboard. You WON. How f'ing appropriate. Have a tax cut.

17. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Remember that the start of WWII began with the persecution of CERTAIN GROUPS of people who were not anglo-protestant christians. You can completely turn that quote around. -- When they came for the gays, I did nothing because I was not gay. When they came for the Catholics, I did nothing because I was not Catholic. When they came for the Muslims, I did nothing because I was not Muslim. etc, etc, etc.