Injury thread

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by The Old Lady Hertha, Apr 4, 2006.

1. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  2. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    - Koller is back
    - Tyrala (18y old talented striker) suffered from an injured knee meniscus (back next season)
    - Meier (3rd goalie) is still recovering from a torn cruciate ligament (back next season)
    - Ricken recovering from torn cruciate ligament (back next season)

3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't care. He's history anyhow.

With the players we have coming back and those we're considering bringing in, won't he be the #1 striker on the amateur team next season??

I already want someone else.......

He'll be keeping the bench warm next season.......

4. kingb71

kingb71 Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Toronto
    Any status on Kehl??

5. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Not yet, injured ankle is all we know. Maybe some ligaments are damaged or even ruptured.

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    German Midfielder Kehl Ligament Injury Not Serious

[​IMG]

FRANKFURT, May 7 (Reuters) - An ankle injury to Germany midfielder Sebastian Kehl in Borussia Dortmund's match against Eintracht Frankfurt on Saturday turned out to be less serious than first feared.

Germany assistant coach Joachim Loew said on Sunday that Kehl had suffered only a strained ligament and not a tear, as first feared.

"That's the best news of the day that Sebastian Kehl was not hurt as badly as we first thought," Loew said. "He is going to play a big role in our planning."

Kehl suffered the injury late in a 1-1 draw against Eintracht Frankfurt in the Bundesliga.

The 26-year-old made his comeback for Germany after a long absence in a 4-1 win over the United States in March.

Juergen Klinsmann names his World Cup squad on May 15. The hosts get the World Cup underway with a Group A match against Costa Rica in Munich on June 9.

7. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  8. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Seems that our second goalie, Bernd Meier, torn one of his cruciate ligaments and is out for 6-8 months. :-/

As we only have 4 goalies for the pro and reserve team and even one of the other three keepers is also (minorly) injured, we should pray to god, that nothing happens to Weidenfeller. Looking back it was maybe a mistake not to spend some money on a decent number 2.

But that's typical BVB, the transfer window closes and immediately there is an injury to an important player. :-((((

9. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seit relativ kurzer Zeit ist Torhüter Bernd Meier nach einem überstandenen Kreuzbandriss wieder zurück bei den BVB-Profis und wollte Stammkraft Roman Weidenfeller eigentlich Dampf machen und zu noch größeren Darbietungen verhelfen. Das kann der sympathische Keeper jetzt erst einmal vergessen, beim Einsatz in der Zweitvertretung in der Regionalligabegegnung ausgerechnet bei seinem Ex-Club LR Ahlen riss sich Borussias Nummer zwei erneut das Kreuzband im Knie

Reviersport

It's true. Well...if Weidenfeller misses some matches then we'll probably see Sören Pirson's debut?

10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What did I say man? What the f#ck did I say?

We should have gotten a decent #2 just because we needed someone better than Meier.

All BVB does is talk, talk, talk. They want to finish in the top five on the f#cking cheap. They will soon realize you cannot do that. :mad:

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More than likely. Let's hope it's not necessary. If it is, let's hope the kid is ready.

F#cking management. Always trying to shit on the cheap! :mad:

12. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    There has to be a goalkeeper you can get for free...

Hannover got Richard Golz out of retirement. I bet you could do it to someone. It's only a temporary solution anyways.

13. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's not to that point yet. They'll just play Pirson if something happens to Weidenfeller.

But yeah, since the transfer window is closed, they would have to find a keeper completely out of work or retired. Golz would have been the first name on my list. I don't think Darius Kampa is still out there. I think he went somewhere. Poland maybe?

I can't really think of any others. We'll just have to hope that nothing happens to Weidenfeller between now and the winterpause.

If it does, we have to hope Pirson is ready.

I called for us to get someone better than Meier anyhow.

14. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Kampa is now contracted to a club in Hungary (Zalaegerszegi). Keepers that come to my mind that have no contract are Timo Reus and Rein Van Duijnhoven (preparing for retirement).

Anyway Watzke, Zorc and van Marwijk decided today to sign no new goalie.

15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I hope that means they have confidence in Pirson and not that they couldn't figure out anything else to do.

I like these guys, but they don't show that they're that great at immediate forward-thinking.

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dortmund To Go With Pirson As Weidenfeller Backup - Story In German

[​IMG]

Soeren Pirson

The story basically says what "jonam" did and confirms that BVB will not try to find a more experienced keeper who is without a club and will go with Pirson as the number 2.

Zorc says Pirson has given consistenly good performances on the 2nd team and the club has confidence in him.

In the last paragraph, it says instead of trying to find another keeper who is out of contract, because of the thin market, Zorc says BVB would rather go with the young man it already has on board to do the job.

The final sentence says the club will probably take another look at the goalkeeping situation during the winter transfer window.

In other words, everything we thought would happen.

I think this is definitely the right thing to do. There's no other guy out there worth trying to bring in and keeping faith in Pirson can only raise his confidence.

Hopefully, Pirson will never have to justify that confidence the club has in him.

17. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is believed that young star David Vrzogic (17) has become the 19th BVB player since 1992 to suffer a torn ACL (Knee).

However, Vrzogic did not suffer his injury in training or during a match. He suffered it playing basketball at school!

A confirmation of the diagnosis is forthcoming and if the torn ACL is confirmed, Vrzogic will be out for about six months following surgery.

18. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Our "favourite" injury is back.

It's unbelievable.

19. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah. What's our backup plan now should Dede get hurt? :confused:

20. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I suppose: Kringe leftback and Sahin in midfield

Bei unserem Glück verletzt sich Dede am Samstag...

21. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kringe didn't play well there last season.

I hope our luck isn't that bad.......

22. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know...but would we have another choice? :confused:

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Maybe Amedick can play there? Tinga perhaps?

24. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vrzogic's torn ACL was confirmed today :(. He'll undergo surgery and be out six months.

25. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Just unbelievable......