Injuries

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by VolklP19, Sep 9, 2021.

1. soccerdad72

soccerdad72 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Apr 5, 2021
    Welp - add strained quad muscles to the list for this year. Second to last regular season game last night. He didn't start (he missed practice the day before because we went to the US - Costa Rica game Wed. night), but went in about 10 minutes into the game. Playing well, had a really nice assist and some well hit corner kicks, but not long after, my wife noticed he was limping a bit. He asked for a sub (he never does that) and went to the trainer to get checked out.

Fortunately, the trainer doesn't think it's very serious. Apparently, my son admitted to the trainer that he's been somewhat dealing with it all season. Trainer was pretty surprised, given that he's at every home game, he never noticed anything in his running. Game last night was going to be an easy win and their playoff seeding is already determined, so I think that's why my son decided it would be a good time to get treatment. Right now, it looks like he'll be shut down for this weekend, miss the final regular season game on Saturday, but be ready for the playoffs on Tuesday. First round playoff game should likely be an easy win, so he will probably rest if they get up by a couple games. Second round is against a state-ranked team, so I think that's really what he's making sure he's ready for.

bigredfutbol repped this.
  2. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad he got it looked at. Hopefully a bit of rest is all it needs.