Injuries and their effect on different kinds of training

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Stogey23, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Two of my IMs are injured right now, and these injuries occured during this past weekend's game. I've read that these two players will NOT receive PM training this week, but the players who replaced them will (big deal, those guy would get it during the friendly anyway). Is this true?

If so, would the players receive stamina training if I switch now? Is it just the skill trianing that they would miss out on? This is an important question for me, because I need stamina training but I was waiting for the right time to do it.

Also, hiring 10 doctors usually cuts in half the recovery time of injured trainees...correct? If so, I'm assuming (with my expert math skills) for an extra 15K a week you can get a player back in half the time.

2. Kevin in Louisiana

Kevin in Louisiana New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Metairie, LA
    Injured players and substitutes will get PM training, assuming the injury is +1 by training time.

If you switched to stamina, they would still only get training if they are +1.

Since you've had an injury, don't bother training the subs. Just train other players whose PM you might like to increase (like starting wingers).

3. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    yes, this is sound advice...perhaps for this week's friendly you can play your reserve GK at IM along with your wingers ;)

4. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Sounds like a good idea, but don't you think it might negatively affect my team's performance against.....wait it's YOU! :D

5. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Well the subs just happen to be my 3 best IMs, who I was saving for this weeks BS Cup "clash".

Thanks for the help guys, it appears that I'll only lose training for one player.

6. Kevin in Louisiana

Kevin in Louisiana New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Metairie, LA
    How long are the injuries? If they're two or three I dare say that you might luck out and get training.

7. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It depends on their injury status when the training updates kickoff. As long as they make it back to "bruised but training" or higher, they will get training for the week.

8. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    When are the "health updates"?

Thanks for the help guys!

9. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Nearly everyday. usually in the middle of the night for us.

10. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go to USA on the HT menu. On the right side, at the bottom, is a link that says "League Dates". All the times are listed there.

Daily updates: 11/29/2004 at 09.00
    Daily updates: 11/23/2004 at 09.00
    Daily updates : 11/23/2004 at 23.00
    Daily updates : 11/25/2004 at 09.00
    Daily updates, training : 11/26/2004 at 03.30
    Daily updates : 11/27/2004 at 09.00
    Weekly and daily updates : 11/28/2004 at 01.30

All times are HT time.

11. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Oh, so each one of those are health updates? Didn't know that, thanks!

Time to hire some doctors! I imagine I'll want to fire them AFTER the last daily update, but BEFORE the next (or desirable) economic update.

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's what I do, I have my U-20 IM prospect out for two weeks, so I've hired 10 doctors to make sure I don't lose a week of training with him. I also have a defender out 3 weeks, but he's not as big of a concern, because he picked up his third yellow of the season and has to sit out next week anyways.

13. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if I'm training keeper and my starter goes out with a 2+ injury, it would make sense to change training?

14. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No, because who would you train? It makes more sense to buy another trainee. Inadequate/passable GKs are cheap.

15. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I still have a inadequate keeper that is playing tomorrow...But if I switched to playmaking or scoring, wouldn't the people who played in those positions this week get trained??

16. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Yes, but chances are they are older and would train slower. I would hire 10 docs and you should be able to get the guy to +1 and bruised but training so he would get training.

17. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    well if you've got a new team, perhaps this is a week you can sneak in stamina training (take the form hit) and it'll payoff for sure in your midfield ratings.

18. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

With the updates last night, my IM made it down to a +1 injury, and will recieve his training for the week :D

19. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The two best options are likely to be either daytraining a keeper, if you can afford the purchase price (usually around $100k for a keeper close to popping from passable to solid) or training stamina as was suggested earlier (assuming if you need stamina training, most new teams do).

20. bigbrooklynlou

bigbrooklynlou New Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Quick question, what effect does it have on performance if a player is listed as 'Bruised but playing"? Do any of his skills go down if he is played?

21. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Common wisdom says he will perform at less than his best. Say .5 star under normal....