Iniesta

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Joep, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Now, I am very hesitant to compare current players with legendary players of the past, especially when said legendary player is one of my two all time favorites and an absolute clubicon. But during the games against Benfica and even moreso during the game against Milan, me and a mate of mine have been, very hesitantly, looking at eachother and thinking...what the hell is Iniesta doing? He managed to create enough space and time for himself on a very agressive, solid and powerfull midfield, just through his technique and his ball control. Plus, he played a great part in the postion play in the second part of the second half.

The question I dare not ask you but must: could Andres Iniesta become a player of the level of Guardiola?

Don't hit me!

2. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No need to worry about being beaten down Joep. I also think El Vampire has major potential and at the tender age of 22 has many years to improve upon. I can see him becoming a Guardiola-type of player.

3. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he has the potential to be a player of that level.

Iniesta has done well everywhere he has played. If you remember, in the past he would play as a reserve right-winger, as it was the only way to get him time. Since then he has played in all three midfield spots, even proving to be good defensively. With a little more power and practice he could be a great 2-way midfielder. I already see him as a future great midfielder. He is a very good dribbler and passer, just needs to add a power shot and better finishing.

4. Kukilon

Kukilon Member

Nov 22, 2005
    To be honest he is the most improved player this season.

5. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Agreed.

PS:

He was superb vs AC.Milan

6. R.E.M.

R.E.M. New Member

Dec 16, 2005
    I agree with everyones comments.... furthermore I just want to point out something i read in a barcelona newspaper, and it was a quote from Guardiola to Xavi saying that theres this kid in the youth system that will retire them both??? I think that next yr if he gets the playing time he will show his full potential, Iniesta, Xavi, and Deco would be wonderful...I hope Aragones calls iniesta for the World Cup he more than deserves a spot!

7. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    I'm hoping to one day see a Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta midfield..with Guardiola as (assistant)-manager :D

8. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    this kid is a good player. even though he was not as good player as he is now, i had always feelings that he will own barcelona midfield for many years to come.

9. R.E.M.

R.E.M. New Member

Dec 16, 2005

Joep...me two that wud be a dream and more because they are farm system and young, but you gotta remember the key to barcelona has been its balance, and deco brings taht i don't kno if cesc can bring that to the table in terms of defense ya kno...but yes it would be nice, since in the near future dsn't look likely just turn on yur video game or yur pc simualation game and put it in there y not...ahahaha

R.E.M.

10. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Done and done. Worked like a charm :D

But a while back, VI (Voetbal International, the biggest dutch football weekly) ran a story saying that when a club makes an offer at Arsenal for Cesc, Arsenal doesnt have to tell Barca, except when the bid is by Real Madrid. In that case, Arsenal has to give Barca a chance to match of top that bid.

VI never has rumours otherwise, so I'm guessing this is true also.

11. R.E.M.

R.E.M. New Member

Dec 16, 2005

Yup that is very ture, even more....to any la liga team; barcelona has first option if they match..... outside la liga, well then if they match it comes down to cesc's decision and i can guarantee he would choose his home club barcelona over any other one! :)

R.E.M.

12. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    it really unbeleavable the qualty of players the youth system has been pumping out, and to think we could of had Fabregas, wow, can you imagine, Messi,Iniesta, Xavi and Fabregas all playing in the mid for us without spending a dime on Transfers:eek:

Edit:not to mention Gio Dos Santos coming up, that would of been our 2010 lineup

13. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't forget the other YT players already on squad

Puyol, Xavi, Valdez, who else?

14. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Motta, Oleguer.

15. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Messi...

16. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gabri (I think), Jorquera

17. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Totally forgot about those two. Plus, anyone currently on loan were youth team products (Navarro*, Oscar Lopez*, Damia).

*are those guys still technically on loan? It seems like forever ago when we loaned them out.

18. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What a game he played today. No-look passes and slick moves. This guy is quite the playmaker. Almost like a number 10. He is gona be a major force in the future.

19. Mjordan23

Mjordan23 New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    Impressive game again by Iniesta. Quite unbelievable that he can be this good in such a big as he`s only 21.

20. Kukilon

Kukilon Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Great game by Casper today! :)

21. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    absolutely. He was outstanding, again.

22. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    He has a chance to make the world cup team if he continues playing well and regularly.

The return of Xavi next season might to an extent reduce his role but he will still be very helpful.

23. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a Sky Sports article eluding to what I was thinking about if the Barcelona-Arsenal final came to pass.

Cesc vs Iniesta. Cesc has already said he roots for Barca still. However, Iniesta has stated he can't wait to meet with Cesc again

24. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    Ok I´m gonna be honest about this.

Last year I became a bonafied Iniesta fan. But slowly however, I´m being turned off by the whole Iniesta thing. Why? mostly because of some of the posters here. What turns me off, is the absolute blind devotion some of you have in the kid. Some of you have claimed that he´s even better than DECO. That in itself was laughable at first, but the persistent insistance of some of you has started to piss me off. And even to suggest that Iniesta is the next Pep Guardiola, is quite frankly insulting. The kid is only 22. When he´s 27 or 28, then lets talk

Yes, Andres Iniesta plays very well. He´s got Rijkaard´s trust, he´s a great untility player, he´s young and full of promise and has proven more than once his worth.

Don´t confuse yourselves. When Xavi comes back, Andres goes straight to the bench again. Forget MVB, were gonna sell him.

Now a more realistic question you should all ask is:

Have we finally found our DM in Iniesta? Can he and Xavi switch positions during the game and finally allow DECO to roam the field like last year and score some goals?

I think we may have.

25. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Iniesta isnt' a DM. He plays like a more mobile Xavi.

We've arrived as a SubForum. We have posters against certain players, BTW. I was glad to see Deco + Iniesta in the game. I think Iniesta's play deserved him staying fit. But Deco will be 30 next season. And Iniesta's been appearing off the bench for us for 3 years now. In part that's WHY we lost Cesc in the first place (he'd be behind Iniesta or maybe a second option off the bench, instead of buying Van Bommel)