********ing Catania

Discussion in 'Palermo' started by Gioca, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They can't take a loss, can they? If this game isn't resumed, we better take the 3 points.

FORZA PALERMO

2. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK I guess even the tactic of tear gas wasn't enough for Catania to get a point. Great win.

3. bineaz

bineaz New Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Illinois
    Yes, it's great to get the full 3 points in a derby away.

From reports, it looks like PA's first goal was off-sides (hey we get the break this week).

4. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We honestly should have received 3 points just by showing up to that place, so a little break is not undeserved. And if we got a little break on the second goal as well, it was still deserved. :)

5. RegginaFan1

RegginaFan1 New Member

Mar 4, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Guys,

Before you get all upset at the the teams, points, and this and that, think about the disgracful display and what they did. They killed a police officer. T

Tragic displays makes one like myself ashamed to be a an Italian-American and supporter of a southern club sometimes. I hope that guy is caught and he...disappears. I also hope that both teams get a relegation penalty to teach their fans to be less animalistic. Ugh!

6. sportfriend

sportfriend Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Canada
    how could you wish a relegation penalty on 2 southern clubs who shouldn't be responsible for one or a couple idiot fans.

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here is a pic from the gazzetta dello sport:
    Catania: un poliziotto ucciso da una bomba carta
    [​IMG]

8. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I posted that during the game, before I heard any of this. However, as anyone who saw this game even on TV could predict, I figured something would happen outside. I'm not even going to blame just Catania fans, even though half the time the camera was pointed to their antics kicking fences and paying more attention to the Palermo supporters than the field, this particular thing can only be blamed on whoever did that. Sickening.

By going off on relegation and stuff you're just trivializing the fact that a police officer was killed.

9. FIRETILIDIE

FIRETILIDIE Member

Jan 5, 2007
    yeah great win, WTF are you that shallow?? If that's your attitude you deserve to have your season cancelled. Christ, a police officer died!

10. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look at the time of that post, then come back and talk rationally.

11. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    I think both Palermo's and Catania's fans should think long and hard about the pain they have caused through their idiotic actions.

12. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with that.

13. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    I think you should keep your mouth shut. How can you talk badly about a team when the incident happened outside the stadium? Don't blame the Catania players for one of our fans wrong doings.

Catania per Sempre!

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    e' veramente una disgrazia.......... lo stato dovrebbe intervenire..... preghero' per il polizziotto mancato e la sua famiglia. non si puo morire per una partita di calcio...e assurdo!

15. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread was started before the terrible tragedy that occured today.

The game played today is now irrelevant, please pray for the family of the officer who lost his life while trying to keep a soccer game safe.

16. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    once again, look at the time Gioca posted that - 1:44 PM, the info about the incidents outside the stadium weren't even known yet. Look before you post.

17. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    well moderator why wont you do your job and change the tagline, just because your not a Catania fan doesn't mean it doesn't offend someone else.

18. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    there's nothing wrong with the thread title as at the time it was posted it is just a Palermo fan venting against his rival team.

19. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We shouldn't have had those two goals..

20. joeginto

joeginto Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    the incident is more complicated than rowdy out of control Catania supporters. This could have happened in too many stadiums in Italy. This season is going to be another asterisk and a blight on the beautiful game.

21. bineaz

bineaz New Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Illinois
    Thanks Gioca. Well stated.

22. bineaz

bineaz New Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Illinois
    It;s sad, pure and simple. Now if some positive changes come out of this muck (and it's endemic all over Italy) then we can at least there will be a silver lining.

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy